Idiosyncrasies

I had a burger and fries last night in the first time in forever, and I remembered a conversation I had with a buddy a while back after watching him eat all of his fries prior to eating his burger.He is the type of person that will eat one item of the meal, then move on to the next. They also cannot be touching on the plate. I however, have to eat a little of everything equally. When I have a burger and fries specifically, my last bite has to be fries, or the whole meal feels unsatisfying. So subconsciously I ration my fry intake to leave at least one handful of fries at the end.I also do this with other meals, without even thinking about it. At the end of the meal I usually have one to two bite of the different types of food on the plate left.This is a very scramesque type of thread, but I don't know if he posts here anymore, hell he is probably banned again. Maybe we can here more stories about eating oatmeal everyday out of the same cup.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a burger and fries last night in the first time in forever, and I remembered a conversation I had with a buddy a while back after watching him eat all of his fries prior to eating his burger.He is the type of person that will eat one item of the meal, then move on to the next. They also cannot be touching on the plate. I however, have to eat a little of everything equally. When I have a burger and fries specifically, my last bite has to be fries, or the whole meal feels unsatisfying. So subconsciously I ration my fry intake to leave at least one handful of fries at the end.I also do this with other meals, without even thinking about it. At the end of the meal I usually have one to two bite of the different types of food on the plate left.This is a very scramesque type of thread, but I don't know if he posts here anymore, hell he is probably banned again. Maybe we can here more stories about eating oatmeal everyday out of the same cup.
I gorge and don't purge. What's your question?
I had a burger and fries last night in the first time in forever, and I remembered a conversation I had with a buddy a while back after watching him eat all of his fries prior to eating his burger.He is the type of person that will eat one item of the meal, then move on to the next. They also cannot be touching on the plate. I however, have to eat a little of everything equally. When I have a burger and fries specifically, my last bite has to be fries, or the whole meal feels unsatisfying. So subconsciously I ration my fry intake to leave at least one handful of fries at the end.I also do this with other meals, without even thinking about it. At the end of the meal I usually have one to two bite of the different types of food on the plate left.
It's almost like we're living mirrored lives. I, too, have a friend that eats the entire portion of something before he moves on. I don't think he cares whether they're touching on the plate. Also, I don't know if my meal would be less satisfying otherwise, but I always have a few fries leftover by the time I finish a burger. It's never the other way around. But, in general, I eat a little bit of everything I have on my plate throughout a meal. When I used to have all my CD cases in a bookshelf, I would not only alphabetize them but also put them in chronological order if I had multiple albums by an artist.
At the end of the meal I usually have one to two bite of the different types of food on the plate left.
I do this with every meal.
I have to squeeze my left nipple with my left hand right before climax or it just isn't worth it.
Can't you teach your wife to do that for you?I don't think I'm OCD about anything...
I always eat my fries first, because I hate cold fries.
This.. with most meals, I eat a little of something of everything, but I'll start settling in on what ever is the yummiest.Also, this thread needs scram posts, or it's a failure.
Freak. Just eat your damned food.

My bro-in-law is a "one thing at a time" eater, which I am not, but I do understand...I tend to finish my fries about halfway through eating my burger, but I generally finish with a swig of my beverage of choice, partly because it's like a "palate cleanser", partly because all that salt is making me thirsty.One thing, somewhat unrelated, that I enjoy is one dish meals, like paella or a stew or a pasta dish that has enough greens/veg in it to preclude the salad necessity. Other good options are biryanis and Asian noodle dishes. Not that I have a problem with, say, a meat and some side veggies. No, not at all.Wait, what?

Oh, this is just food eating issues. Ok. How embarrassing. I used to never mix food as a child, eat one things at a time. Now I mix things.Like if I make a porkloin, mash potatoes, and peas or some veggie I will cut a piece of pork and then add in some taters and veggies. Or I will use the potatoes to pick up the peas.I will even add some pepsi in there at times.Never really thought about it till now and I am kind of disturbed by my actions.

No, not just food eating. That was just my example. For instance when I pee, I have hold and shake with the right hand. I cannot use the left hand, my penis won't comply. It's like it has a mind of its own.I also scratch my ass while I pee, no idea when I started this.Also if I am peeing and my wife touches me I stop instantly. It's like a shut off valve. She gets way too much enjoyment out of that.Wow, I have a lot urinary issues.

I can't pee in public unless really drunk. So I got really drunk at backyard college parties.Luckily my wife wants nothing to do with being in the bathroom with me when peeing so I don't know what would happen if she touches me but I believe it would make me stop as well. I can't poo in public restrooms unless it is a dire emergency.

I can't poo in public restrooms unless it is a dire emergency.
I used to be that way till I got my Iphone. Now I go there for an extra break to sit and surf the web or play games on the phone. Nothing like killing zombies or looking at craigslist whores on the shitter.Speaking of which, time for a bathroom break.

i use to endlessly straighten and tidy things, magazine had to be dead center in a room etc. coffee table a perfect x inches away from sofa and then i just said "stop it"i'm still pretty neat, but nowhere near the ocd level anymore

He is the type of person that will eat one item of the meal, then move on to the next.
This is me, don't really know why, just started doing it as a kid and haven't stopped.
counting stairs, and counting the letters in words and phrases to find ones where there are 3x+1 letters and 3y+1 syllables.
I count and recount words and phrases, using different methods, until I find a way to make it have exactly 3x. Like right now, I am looking at the full contact poker logo. First try (by letter): FUL LCO NTA CTP OKE RSecond try (counting the "FCP" that is imbedded in the poker chip that makes up the "O"): FUL LCO NTA CTP FCP KERGot there. It almost never takes three whole tries. Again: MOR EHO LDE MWI SDO MFO RAL LPL AYE RSReboot: MOR EHO LD' EMW ISD OMF ORA LLP LAY ERSVictory.

I have a good friend who will not eat any of his popcorn at a movie until the "actual" movie starts. He will slap your hand away if you try to grab some popcorn during previews. Very adamant.My wife definitely has mild OCD. If I was to go around the apartment nudging photos and vases into slightly different places she might break down and cry. Did I say mild?I used to not like to have my foods "touching" on the plate. Got over that one. I also always eat the fries first when I get fast food but that is just because fries are amazing when piping hot and terrible once they get a little cold.I only cut my fingernails in the shower. I hate how it feels to cut them when they are not softened from the shower. I guess that is a bit weird.I also have a variety of superstitions when I watch the Dolphins. Whatever I did last year seemed to work out ok.I also hate having the maids in my room when I am in a hotel. I almost always put the "Do Not Disturb" sign up right as I check into my room and it does not come off until I check out. If I need more towels or toiletries I will call but otherwise go away hotel maids.

I have a good friend who will not eat any of his popcorn at a movie until the "actual" movie starts. He will slap your hand away if you try to grab some popcorn during previews. Very adamant.I used to not like to have my foods "touching" on the plate. Got over that one. I also always eat the fries first when I get fast food but that is just because fries are amazing when piping hot and terrible once they get a little cold.I only cut my fingernails outside in the shower. I hate how it feels to cut them when they are not softened from the shower. I guess that is a bit weird.I also have a variety of superstitions when I watch the Steelers Dolphins. Whatever I did last year seemed to work out ok.I also hate having the maids in my room when I am in a hotel. I almost always put the "Do Not Disturb" sign up right as I check into my room and it does not come off until I check out. If I need more towels or toiletries I will go out in the hall and just take what I want from their cartcall but otherwise go away hotel maids.
I also have a variety of superstitions when I watch the Dolphins. Whatever I did last year seemed to work out ok.
On the second read I saw the "the " and because of that we can still be e friends.
On the second read I saw the "the " and because of that we can still be e friends.
You have a problem with dolphin watching? Is that too "gay" for you? Well here's a partial list of what I did yesterday:-drank a Mike's Cranberry Lemonade-shed a few tears when watching an animated movie-did not sleep with either of my young female roommatesCan we not be e friends? HUH?