Do Christians Dream About Jesus?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could also be that you heathens have chased most of them off. Ever think about that, hot shot?
I like it when you call me hot shot.
I think you in particular will enjoy the gayness of the project I have been working on.
Go on...
True, I often wonder how much influence Freud had on L. Ron Hubbard.
http://www.scientology.org/interview/lronhubbard.htmllrh_shadow.pngYet what most distinguished the young L. Ron Hubbard was an insatiable curiosity coupled with an innate desire to better the human condition. Recognizing exactly those qualities, no less than a student of Sigmund Freud's and the only American naval officer to study psychoanalysis in Vienna, Commander Joseph C. Thompson, introduced the young L. Ron Hubbard to Freudian theory.
I like it when you call me hot shot.Go on...
All in good time- we meet Friday for Promo shots and a cast party. Yes, Loismustdie has finally started acting. And it's totally GAY. Raise your hand if you saw that coming. Not I.
The psychotherapy legacy is the one part of freud's work that I have the most issue with. His stuff about dreams and the id and shit like that is recognized as non-scientific these days, and while may have cultural impact, particularly in arts and literature but little other impact beyond that. However, it's fruedian style psycho therapy ( IE meeting with a psychologist 3 times a week, every week, for years, to gain some sort of child hood insight and become healthy) is one of the most ineffective ( and expensive) forms of therapy there is. And it has all the scientific validity of religion. Hey, if it makes people feel better and trick themselves into being happy, fine, but I have the same issues with many forms of psychological therapy that I do with religion, only religion doesn't drape itself in a veneer of pseudo science.
Well said. Psychotherapy has repeatedly been shown to actually do damage to an individual's psyche.
However, it's fruedian style psycho therapy ( IE meeting with a psychologist 3 times a week, every week, for years, to gain some sort of child hood insight and become healthy) is one of the most ineffective ( and expensive) forms of therapy there is. And it has all the scientific validity of religion. Hey, if it makes people feel better and trick themselves into being happy, fine, but I have the same issues with many forms of psychological therapy that I do with religion, only religion doesn't drape itself in a veneer of pseudo science.
http://huffduffer.com/norelpref/2372This is one of my favorite podcasts, and this is one of my favorite stories from it, and it is relevant to this discussion, although you have to listen to the end to see the relevance. (Don't worry, it's a fun story on the way, less than 15 minutes).
Then recently, there was this long involved dream where a group of people I was in was being chased by vampires. I was more or less the leader. Jesus was also in the group and he asked us to sacrifice him so we could get away. This involved jamming a stake through his heart, a la Buffy. The idea was that the vampires would feast on his blood and give the rest of us a chance to run. Nobody could quite bring themselves to kill Jesus, though, so I wound up going over to the lead vampire and offering my own neck instead.
What's with the notion of sacrifice? After the vampires feast on ________'s blood, they'll eventually just get hungry again and come after you again. No one thought of fighting them?
Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar -- or so he claimed.
One of mankind's greatest quotes. And I'm serious.
It is a tangent, but this thread kind of goes to show that there is a strange silence from Christians on this subject.I was just reading a book written by a Freudian recently. It's striking how totally wrong Freud is, and yet how totally right. Sometimes simultaneously on the same issue.
Freud will still be discussed in 1,000 years.
http://www.scientology.org/interview/lronhubbard.htmlYet what most distinguished the young L. Ron Hubbard was an insatiable curiosity coupled with an innate desire to better the human condition. Recognizing exactly those qualities, no less than a student of Sigmund Freud's and the only American naval officer to study psychoanalysis in Vienna, Commander Joseph C. Thompson, introduced the young L. Ron Hubbard to Freudian theory.
Over under on how long it takes them to send us a cease and desist e-mail about using an image from their site ?They contacted us about the hubbard joke account a few years ago.

There was some idea in the dream that his blood, being sacred and all, was like the ultimate blood for them. Not only would it sate them for extra-long, but they'd stay there to get every drop, which would give the rest of us plenty of time to get away. [sure they'd eventually want to eat again, but I'm not sure it wasn't just a one-shot encounter, i.e., if we escaped this time we wouldn't be hanging around that area waiting for them to be hungry later.] Plus it might even make them really messed up or high to drink it and might even kill them, being too holy for them to drink. I'm not Christian, but the whole sacred heart thing always struck me as very coolly medieval.I don't know why there wasn't a pitched battle. My group and the vampires were just kind of standing around in two groups in a big bunker-like room. The groups were about the same size, and for some vague dream reason there wasn't going to be a fight, but I don't know or don't remember why that was.

But really what could they say about a joke account? Cease and desist impersonating L.Ron?Bob do you still have that communication from them? I'd love to see that.
Hoping that there was not compliance with their request vis a vis this issue.
But really what could they say about a joke account? Cease and desist impersonating L.Ron?Bob do you still have that communication from them? I'd love to see that.
Hoping that there was not compliance with their request vis a vis this issue.
It was back when the online cardroom was still running and I no longer have the e-mail from their lawyers.Their main point was that the images in the avatar since it was taken from them was their property and we had to take it down. We looked into it a bit and they have a history of keeping lawyers busy on seemingly petty matters so we took the easy way out and removed the images taken from their site.I get the impression that they have some sort of process set up to get pretty much any mention of them on the internet looked at.Edit: Now that I recall the request didn't come directly from them but came from our ISP at the time and they made it clear that they took it seriously. I guess that they served papers on our ISP about it.
All in good time- we meet Friday for Promo shots and a cast party. Yes, Loismustdie has finally started acting. And it's totally GAY. Raise your hand if you saw that coming. Not I.
I'm a bit familiar with the acting circles in AZ. Who are you working with?
Over under on how long it takes them to send us a cease and desist e-mail about using an image from their site ?They contacted us about the hubbard joke account a few years ago.
It was back when the online cardroom was still running and I no longer have the e-mail from their lawyers.Their main point was that the images in the avatar since it was taken from them was their property and we had to take it down. We looked into it a bit and they have a history of keeping lawyers busy on seemingly petty matters so we took the easy way out and removed the images taken from their site.I get the impression that they have some sort of process set up to get pretty much any mention of them on the internet looked at.Edit: Now that I recall the request didn't come directly from them but came from our ISP at the time and they made it clear that they took it seriously. I guess that they served papers on our ISP about it.
They are known for this. They threaten legal action to have information removed. If not removed, they go into "Dead Agent" tactics which is to attack everything about you publicly to discredit your reputation. It is a crazy and powerful cult.
I'm a bit familiar with the acting circles in AZ. Who are you working with?
Absolutely no one on any type of radar whatsoever. Well, 2 of them have done some film school/student type stuff but if you have seen it I would be surprised. They have talent, but I see myself as the jam in there jelly roll. Hopefully everyone else finds what we are doing as funny as I do. That's alot to hope for but the ones that do not find it funny wont be able to say it will be for lack of effort, the things we have come up with let it all hang out. I love what we have so far.
Absolutely no one on any type of radar whatsoever. Well, 2 of them have done some film school/student type stuff but if you have seen it I would be surprised. They have talent, but I see myself as the jam in there jelly roll. Hopefully everyone else finds what we are doing as funny as I do. That's alot to hope for but the ones that do not find it funny wont be able to say it will be for lack of effort, the things we have come up with let it all hang out. I love what we have so far.
Where are they based out of, where did they go to school?
So what's the difference between a Christian and a Catholic?
Christians believe that Jesus saves you, and Catholics believe Mary does... and that you should have sex with small children. Or something like that.
That was a really good joke account.
Bob do you still have that communication from them? I'd love to see that.
this.
They are known for this. They threaten legal action to have information removed. If not removed, they go into "Dead Agent" tactics which is to attack everything about you publicly to discredit your reputation. It is a crazy and powerful cult.
...and now Theresa is being watched.

Brvheart, I love your new sig file!The only answer I've gotten to my question, though, is another instance of the strange silence around the subject. Recent psych experiments show that glossolalia (a/k/a speaking in tongues) in evangelicals actually leaves their language center dark, while lighting up other parts of their brain on fMRI. If I were ever to go back to grad school for psych (instead of the more likely history or Shakespeare), this question would totally be one I'd want to study. If the answer is that Christians do not dream about Jesus, then it's a complete violation of the entire theory of dreaming (namely, frequency or same-day influences). It might also mean that something is blocking that particular region of thought from appearing in dream worlds. That is so interesting to me.