bodog .10/.25 6-max. Effective stacks are 125bb deep.I have K10o utg+1. Folds to me. I raise to $1. All fold to the BB who calls.Pot = $2.10Flop: Kh 9s 4cVillain bets $0.35. I call.Turn 10c.Villian bets $0.85. I callPot = $4.50River 7d.Villain bets $8. I...?

bodog .10/.25 6-max. Effective stacks are 125bb deep.I have K10o utg+1. Folds to me. I raise to $1. All fold to the BB who calls.Pot = $2.10Flop: Kh 9s 4cVillain bets $0.35. HERO RAISES POTISH!!!Turn 10c.Villian bets $0.85. I callPot = $4.50River 7d.Villain bets $8. I fold :club:

Why? My hand is so marginal on the flop. And people just were talking about how these tiny weak leads are asking to get raised... And I actually have showdown value. I don't see why this is necessarily a raise. I understand I need to charge 9x and QJ to stay in, but i don't always want 9x to fold if the person is going to keep playing like a retard...Also please comment on the other hands I posted like two days ago. They're still on the first page.Thanks.

you need to raise because there are tons of hands that can continue, also a lot of the time when you bet people will auto check to you. You can decide if you want to value bet in on the river. remember the biggest mistake fish make it they call to much so you should constantly be value betting sometimes you own yourself but most of the time they just call call call. If you keep just calling these bets it will be really easy to draw at you, i mean he just got a look at the river for .85 in a $4.50 pot! you gave him odds for almost anything.

bodog .10/.25 6-max. Effective stacks are 125bb deep.I have K10o utg+1. Folds to me. I raise to $1. All fold to the BB who calls.Pot = $2.10Flop: Kh 9s 4cVillain bets $0.35. I call.Turn 10c.Villian bets $0.85. I callPot = $4.50River 7d.Villain bets $8. I...?
I think you have to raise the flop and the turn. It really isn't optimal to raise KTo in UTG +1 with your skill level.

I think I'm raising the turn for sure. But, unless I have a good read, I'm probably going to call the river. We don't look very strong here, so unless we're developed an image of calling these large bets, I'd probably look him up.

Do you ever raise anyone? It seems like you don't, lol.
Yesterday I posted four hands where everyone told me to call or that I played it too aggro. And I had less showdown value in those hands than the ones I posted today. Today, I had showdown value and played more passively and I still played them incorrectly, but I'm trying to learn...
Yesterday I posted four hands where everyone told me to call or that I played it too aggro. And I had less showdown value in those hands than the ones I posted today. Today, I had showdown value and played more passively and I still played them incorrectly, but I'm trying to learn...
Well you need to find a crossroads or something. You need to have an eye for value and exploit it. You can't just take people's advice that you're too aggro or too passive so slow down or speed up. You need to develop an eye for how strong your hand is and what is a believable range for your opponents hands, and decide when a raise is not only important, but necessary. The turn here it is NECESSARY to raise. You charge draws, you get value, you avoid situatons where really bad river cards hurt your ability to call or your ability to get value, you might even get it in against just Kx. When was it in this hand you were going to try and get value out of top two pair? You just have to start understanding that this game isn't just about being aggressive or passive, it's about getting as much as possible out of valuable hands too.

I agree a raise on the turn here is necessary. I thought the flop was marginal.In the other hand, I'm still not sure if I should raise the flop with AA, but we can discuss that there.

I agree a raise on the turn here is necessary. I thought the flop was marginal.In the other hand, I'm still not sure if I should raise the flop with AA, but we can discuss that there.
Wat?I like raising this flop with your hand here. AA is an instaraise... Do you understand that the normal donk's donkbetting range is HUGEEEEEE? KT crushes it, while AA destroys it.
Wat?I like raising this flop with your hand here. AA is an instaraise... Do you understand that the normal donk's donkbetting range is HUGEEEEEE? KT crushes it, while AA destroys it.
When I said AA I was referring to the other thread I started where I had AA.
When I said AA I was referring to the other thread I started where I had AA.
Oh I thought you mean't "ON the other hand," Not "IN the other hand." My bad.

I fold pre.However once on the flop I raise the donk bet here always. raising donk bets is just so +ev, plus it makes the hand easier to play. Its a lot cheaper to raise and fold to a shove than to call three streets which is what looks like happened here. Against a lot of players I raise donk bets with pretty much anything I would make a continuation bet with, especially a small bet like this one.

You can actually fold this pre some of the time. Flatting the flop's fine, but you gotta raise the turn. The river's horribly awkward, but I don't know if I can fold top two.

How the hell is there no converter for Bodog. Doesn't Cobalt play there? There's gotta be something. Flop I'd always raise if I had air, the fact that you have top pair here makes it kind of tricky, but I guess raise/folding the flop is fine, because there are no draws that he could be bet/3betting on the flop. I think flatting is fine too. If he donked a normal amount at you flatting is by far the best play. Turn is obvio raise. As played river is prob a fold barring reads. People only overbet the nuts.

You can actually fold this pre some of the time. Flatting the flop's fine, but you gotta raise the turn. The river's horribly awkward, but I don't know if I can fold top two.

Flatting the flop is perfectly fine if you think villain will fold worse hands to a raise, but will continue to bet them on future streets.Please, for the love of god, raise the turn.

How the hell is there no converter for Bodog. Doesn't Cobalt play there?
Technically, there's not a converter. I mostly just format my hands manually. That said, there is a hand grabber that exports HH text files so that you can import into HEM.
You could fold pre.... But are you paying attention that this is a 6 max table ? So UTG + 1 is actually the hijack position. I would fold this preflop 100% of the time in a 10 player game, but I don't think raising in a 6 max preflop is a bad idea.I would probably raise the turn, barring that I might be forced to fold the river. The river is tough though

Folding K10o from MP (I think this is prob the easiest way to describe hijack/UTG+1 at a 6max table) is not a bad play. from the CO you should be playing it, from UTG you should usually be folding it. So it's a tweener hand.

You could fold pre.... But are you paying attention that this is a 6 max table ? So UTG + 1 is actually the hijack position. I would fold this preflop 100% of the time in a 10 player game, but I don't think raising in a 6 max preflop is a bad idea
I did see that, yes. I didn't say it's a bad idea, but it's not an insta-raise either. I'd open KTo in the CO some percentage of the time, but I'd probably only open it some other percentage of the time in the HJ (depending somewhat on my table image and the players after me). I suppose I could try to look through my database and see what percentages those are.Basically what tskillz said.Edit: Okay...just checked through my database. I'm more of a nit than I thought. I've raised KTo 24/34 times I've had it in the CO. (Granted, this doesn't much account for whether there were limpers or not.) I've raised it in MP 12/44 times.
One of Cobalt's biggest flaws is that he doesn't pay attention
:)Oh, and pokerkid...try to get more descriptive titles. Personally, I'm much more likely to look and comment on threads when I'm drawn in by something interesting.