2009 Wsop Event 34 - $1,500 No Limit Hold'em

lol fml... yeh im this guy...Huge One for HambyBig pot over at Jared Hamby's table just now. Hamby had raised to 2,200 from middle position, a player reraised to 5,900 behind him, Hamby shoved all in, and his opponent called with his remaining stack of approximately 20,000.Hamby showed {A-Diamonds}{A-Spades}, and his opponent {A-Clubs}{Q-Spades}. The board came {J-Clubs}{Q-Hearts}{6-Spades}{9-Hearts}{7-Hearts}, and Hamby knocked out another player. He's way up to 75,000 now.sigh. 1 hour 20 mins till end of day :club:

I'd love to do a fantasy draft for the 2009-2010 season. Also, let's not forget...World Cup 2010 is around the corner, so another pool should be in the works for that.
lol fml... yeh im this guy...Huge One for HambyBig pot over at Jared Hamby's table just now. Hamby had raised to 2,200 from middle position, a player reraised to 5,900 behind him, Hamby shoved all in, and his opponent called with his remaining stack of approximately 20,000.Hamby showed {A-Diamonds}{A-Spades}, and his opponent {A-Clubs}{Q-Spades}. The board came {J-Clubs}{Q-Hearts}{6-Spades}{9-Hearts}{7-Hearts}, and Hamby knocked out another player. He's way up to 75,000 now.sigh. 1 hour 20 mins till end of day :ts
:club: any news on looshle? Sparco? Others?Chip counts not working for me on pokernews....

Finished with 62k. Feeling pretty confident again and got a great table draw the last 2 levels where I went from 16k to 62k. Hopefully a good table draw tomorrow.

Finished with 62k. Feeling pretty confident again and got a great table draw the last 2 levels where I went from 16k to 62k. Hopefully a good table draw tomorrow.
GL!!

Finished the day with 24.3k. No idea how I managed to survive all day - I feel like I folded for the first six hours, and was not above my starting stack for the first eight. Got lucky when it mattered though; I was all in several times, with K2>A7, KQ>A3, KT>JT (J on flop, K on river), AQ>AJ (JT9 flop, Q turn) and finally AJ>K9 vs the guy who was probably the chip leader, to finish with a reasonable stack.Should be an interesting start tomorrow; I'll have around 20BB, and we're 24 away from the money. I'll probably play cautious, but I'm not planning to fold away half my stack if the bubble takes forever. Oh wel, we'll see about that tomorrow.GL looshle! GN all!

gl on day 2 guys and and it was 4k btw lol

gl on day 2 guys and and it was 4k btw lol
Oh, now you tell us! GL on day 2 guys. Way to stay patient and get your money in good Sparco :club:. You know this means you are destined to FT this mofo.

(Table 72)Seat 1: Chris Ferguson - 17300Seat 2: Eric Peterson - 11400Seat 3: Morris Goldstein - 11100Seat 4: Buck Ramsay - 14000Seat 5: Cristiano Galeazzi - 20100Seat 6: Andrew Teng - 32400Seat 7: Justin Pechie - 62800Seat 8: Michael Knight - 23600Seat 9: Eric DeFontes - 16400gl on day 2 y'all

(Table 59)Seat 1: John McGuinness - 24100Seat 2: Adam Geyer - 50900Seat 3: Jeff Mills - 9400Seat 4: Gordon Lamb - 17300Seat 5: Thiago Nishijima - 21800Seat 6: Matthews Schlicher - 21000Seat 7: Roberto Correa - 26800Seat 8: Jon Brenneman - 32500Seat 9: Marcel Vonk - 24300 edit:incorrect information removed, i am an idiot,carry ongl Mr. Sparco & looshle

GG Mr. Sparco... Did you cash? Also... Looshle at 62800K ( :club: ) according to pokernews... TID one time!!!!!
214 $2,745 Marcel Vonkgg

Somehow half of my tweets got lost today, so here are the details of my (short) day 2. I got no hands during the bubble period, but fortunately it did not last very long. Just before the bubble burst I got moved to Phil Hellmuths right. The second hand after we were in the money I picked up AsJs in the SB with about 20k left. (Blinds were 600/1200.) Early position limped, I completed, Hellmuth checked.Flop came Q9x with two spades, and early position guy made a small bet of 2.5k or so. I should probably have pushed there, but decided to call with what I thought were good odds. Lesson learned: odds are not as good as they may seem when someone is left to act... (I think I learned that lesson about seven hundred times before, but I still have some mental block that prevents me from putting all of my chips in on a draw.)Hellmuth said something like "I was gonna smooth call, but now I have to raise" and made it 8k more, and so I was left with a tough decision: against KQ I had good odds to push, against AQ or anythng better I was a slight dog. The remark made me think KQ was pretty likely, and I decided that getting my money in as a non-dog against an 11-time bracelet winner was not so bad after all. (Ok, and the chance to "suck out" and get my personal Hellmuth rant was tempting too :club: ) So I pushed, and saw the hand I hoped for: KQ. Unfortunately, I did not hit any of my outs.Result: out in 214th for 2.7k. I was of course disappointed, especially since I could have played the hand differently and still been alive. That disappointment only lasted a short while though; then I realized that when I started playing poker, my goal had been to play in a big tournament by 2009. Not only had I done that, I made day two, cashed, and got busted by probably the most succesful NLHE tournament player in the world. Not bad for a first try, I would say.To add some more silver lining, I made $300 in a 2/5 cash game after that, and decided to play the $340 nightly tournament at the Rio with that. Finished in 6th, and added another 2.2k to my winnings for the day. Sweet!OK, time for bed now. Tomorrow is my last full day in Vegas; I'll probably be playing 2/5 and maybe the $340 tourney again. GN all!

Congrats Mr. Sparco and looshle.Way to represent FCP!
Love that story, Mr. Sparco. Next time I want to hear about you beating the brat and him going off on you though. Much more fun that way.