Multi-tabling Bankroll Question

If you are properly rolled for a certain limit, but plan to mass multi-table, should your bankroll be any higher to compensate or does it not really matter? For example I am comfortably rolled for 50NL, but if I have 8+ tables going at once I might have a pretty good % of my bankroll(1/3 of my roll for example) in play at once.

I dont multi...but I'd assume the answer is that "no", in that in theory mutli-ing is just extrapolating your results as a whole, effectively speeding up and minimizing variance to make more $$$ long term, which has no effect directly on BR.If you aren't as effective when MT'ing, or are subject to lose focus in a session if you are losing then I think the answer is a clear "yes", because now the extrapolating effects of MT'ing could be VERY detrimental to your BR. But in this situation one may be best to reanalyze the whole MT'ing setup, rather than just moving down (possibly).Just my thoughts on it, hopefully an experienced MT'er comes in.

The only requirement changes would take place if:1) You do not have enough to reload at tables, which is not the case2) You are subject to severe tilt and it could affect you across all tables(I don't recommend mass multitabling if this is the case, however)Poker has no idea how many tables you are playing, only you do. Furthermore, when you are multitabling, you are probably going to play more conservatively than your *ideal* game, so this actually argues for a shorter bankroll.

Multitabling should be less swingy, not more. More hands = less variance, yada yada yada.
This is a fallacy. While I agree multitabling is less swingy for the reasons I stated, playing a higher volume does not decrease your risk of ruin, which is what you should be basing your bankroll on.

I disagree. It seems clear to me that mult-tabling increases your bankroll requirement. Having a large bankroll not only protects you from bad cards, but also streaks of bad play on your part. You can say that you shouldn't multi-table if you tilt, but the fact is that many people have streaks of good play or bad play. If you have a 15 buyin bankroll, and multi 8 tables one night that you are just playing off, you could blow a lot of the bankroll.I'm not sure how much more you need to multi, but for a person playing 4 tables at a time to have the same risk of ruin as a person playing 1 table, I think you need a larger bankroll

yeah but your win rate per table goes down IMHO
Yeah, I agree. If it DOESN'T go down, you haven't added enough tables.