"A recent study by Walker and his colleagues examined how rest - specifically, rapid eye movement (REM) sleep - influences our ability to read emotions in other people's faces. In the small analysis of 36 adults, volunteers were asked to interpret the facial expressions of people in photographs, following either a 60- or 90-minute nap during the day or with no nap. Participants who had reached REM sleep (when dreaming most frequently occurs) during their nap were better able to identify expressions of positive emotions like happiness in other people, compared with participants who did not achieve REM sleep or did not nap at all. Those volunteers were more sensitive to negative expressions, including anger and fear."http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/20090616/hl_time/08599190456100Obviously you can make a statistic for anything, I mean 78% of people know that! But just a random article to remind you grinders out there to get your Z's, and make it quality sleep, so you can read your opponents properly :club:

Participants who had reached REM sleep (when dreaming most frequently occurs) during their nap were better able to identify expressions of positive emotions like happiness in other people, compared with participants who did not achieve REM sleep or did not nap at all. Those volunteers were more sensitive to negative expressions, including anger and fear."
So if I sleep I am better at spotting happiness and if I don't I can pick up on anger and fear? If I want to notice the former I'll just listen out for the overreactive douches who stand on their chairs and yell very loudly to alert the whole room to the fact they've won a hand. Picking up on anger and fear on the other hand, could be useful. No sleep for me!
So if I sleep I am better at spotting happiness and if I don't I can pick up on anger and fear? If I want to notice the former I'll just listen out for the overreactive douches who stand on their chairs and yell very loudly to alert the whole room to the fact they've won a hand. Picking up on anger and fear on the other hand, could be useful. No sleep for me!
Fantastic analysis! Sleep be damned!!!

sleep is the cousin of death imo......

Part of the way we recognize emotions in others is by simulating them in ourselves. (read more in my thread about this here http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...owtopic=131754). So if you are happy (e.g. well-rested) you resonate better with other happy people and recognize the positive emotions more easily. If you are cranky and sleepless, its easier for you to get into that mindset and read it from other people as well.

Part of the way we recognize emotions in others is by simulating them in ourselves. (read more in my thread about this here http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...owtopic=131754). So if you are happy (e.g. well-rested) you resonate better with other happy people and recognize the positive emotions more easily. If you are cranky and sleepless, its easier for you to get into that mindset and read it from other people as well.
Dammit I just pushed my o/u bet on when you were posting...line was set at 4 posts. I had the over. sdsdffafdsffsfad DON'T YOU SLEEP IN THE MORNING
Dammit I just pushed my o/u bet on when you were posting...line was set at 4 posts. I had the over. sdsdffafdsffsfad DON'T YOU SLEEP IN THE MORNING
lol. usually i am never awake at this hour, i'm just sick and can't sleep. :club:
lol. usually i am never awake at this hour, i'm just sick and can't sleep. :club:
A 1740 study done at St Agnus the Neighbor in Westport found that sleep when you are sick is more important than sleep when you are not sick.Mr. Smarty pants!
A 1740 study done at St Agnus the Neighbor in Westport found that sleep when you are sick is more important than sleep when you are not sick.Mr. Smarty pants!
he has a pointget better get some sleep vb

Being tired (20+ hours no sleep) is worse than being drunk. Now if you play tired and drunk they both cancel each other out :club: So if you start to feel tired, have a few drinks. Then PM me and tell me where you are playing.....

i'm with you buddy. i'd want to be more aware of anger and fear than happiness. its usually pretty obvious when some thinks they're running well.