Just About How The Cards Have Been Running For Me Lately

Playing a 27 person SnG on stars. I'd been playing EXTREMELY tight and hadn't been getting good cards at all (several 7/2o, 10/3o, etc.) I'd only stayed in for about 25% of the flops and had won all of my showdowns and a couple other hands without showdown, but unfortunately not many big pots.Made it to the final table on the short stack and finally get pocket QQ. *********** # 1 **************PokerStars Game #29420701090: Tournament #172163358, $5.00+$0.50 Hold'em No Limit - Level VIII (200/400) - 2009/06/16 1:05:02 CT [2009/06/16 2:05:02 ET]Table '172163358 1' 9-max Seat #8 is the buttonSeat 3: mzzooom (2365 in chips) Seat 4: Mister Juice (5570 in chips) Seat 5: sgapper (6085 in chips) Seat 6: CukooPuff (13080 in chips) Seat 7: jbdallas07 (1730 in chips) Seat 8: CIA_Bodyguar (6140 in chips) Seat 9: iqueliz (5530 in chips) mzzooom: posts the ante 25Mister Juice: posts the ante 25sgapper: posts the ante 25CukooPuff: posts the ante 25jbdallas07: posts the ante 25CIA_Bodyguar: posts the ante 25iqueliz: posts the ante 25iqueliz: posts small blind 200mzzooom: posts big blind 400*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to jbdallas07 [Qd Qs]Mister Juice: folds sgapper: folds CukooPuff: folds jbdallas07: raises 400 to 800CIA_Bodyguar: folds iqueliz: calls 600mzzooom: calls 400*** FLOP *** [4h 7h Td]iqueliz: checks mzzooom: bets 1540 and is all-injbdallas07: calls 905 and is all-iniqueliz: folds Uncalled bet (635) returned to mzzooom*** TURN *** [4h 7h Td] [Ts]*** RIVER *** [4h 7h Td Ts] [9c]*** SHOW DOWN ***mzzooom: shows [6s 8c] (a straight, Six to Ten)jbdallas07: shows [Qd Qs] (two pair, Queens and Tens)mzzooom collected 4385 from pot*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 4385 | Rake 0 Board [4h 7h Td Ts 9c]Seat 3: mzzooom (big blind) showed [6s 8c] and won (4385) with a straight, Six to TenSeat 4: Mister Juice folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 5: sgapper folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 6: CukooPuff folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 7: jbdallas07 showed [Qd Qs] and lost with two pair, Queens and TensSeat 8: CIA_Bodyguar (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 9: iqueliz (small blind) folded on the Flop

Playing a 27 person SnG on stars. I'd been playing EXTREMELY tight and hadn't been getting good cards at all (several 7/2o, 10/3o, etc.) I'd only stayed in for about 25% of the flops and had won all of my showdowns and a couple other hands without showdown, but unfortunately not many big pots.
LOL

Wow, I haven't checked this thread in a few days and was a little surprised at some of the responses. Here's what my train of thought was on this hand: First, I understand most people would fold or shove with a short stack this late in a tournament. In retrospect, I should have shoved and seen whether I got any action or just the blinds. The reason I hesitate to shove preflop in this kind of situation is 1) Just stealing the blinds doesn't buy me much time. If I'm called, it's probably by AA, KK, or AK, in which case it's either a coin flip or I'm the underdog. I prefer to save some chips and if A or K comes on the flop, I can fold. This wouldn't leave me with many chips, I know, but it leaves me enough to play another hand. 2) As to playing 25% of my hands, I'm sure I played more loose in the beginning rounds of the tourney and tightened up considerably in the later rounds. Don't most people? In the early stages of a tourney, I'll play more suited connectors and low-med pocket pairs. In this particular instance, I remember going several rounds without a playable hand before this one. Anyway, hindsight is always 20/20. Thanks for the feedback. I just wanted to explain my thinking process a litte, although most might disagree with it.

Wow, I haven't checked this thread in a few days and was a little surprised at some of the responses. Here's what my train of thought was on this hand: First, I understand most people would fold or shove with a short stack this late in a tournament. In retrospect, I should have shoved and seen whether I got any action or just the blinds. The reason I hesitate to shove preflop in this kind of situation is 1) Just stealing the blinds doesn't buy me much time. If I'm called, it's probably by AA, KK, or AK, in which case it's either a coin flip or I'm the underdog. I prefer to save some chips and if A or K comes on the flop, I can fold. This wouldn't leave me with many chips, I know, but it leaves me enough to play another hand. 2) As to playing 25% of my hands, I'm sure I played more loose in the beginning rounds of the tourney and tightened up considerably in the later rounds. Don't most people? In the early stages of a tourney, I'll play more suited connectors and low-med pocket pairs. In this particular instance, I remember going several rounds without a playable hand before this one. Anyway, hindsight is always 20/20. Thanks for the feedback. I just wanted to explain my thinking process a litte, although most might disagree with it.
This has to be a level.....right?
I don't think most disagree with it, I think every one disagrees with it.
If I'm called, it's probably by AA, KK, or AK, in which case it's either a coin flip or I'm the underdog. I prefer to save some chips and if A or K comes on the flop, I can fold. This wouldn't leave me with many chips, I know, but it leaves me enough to play another hand.
no