Vancouver Canucks Fanclub

I know be careful what you wish for but I hope SJ takes game 7. would love to see the Kesler/Thorton match up for 25 minutes a game. anyone still think kesler is overpaid at 5 mill a year long term?
Kesler will make that elephant vagina look like crap. Thornton is ridic overrated.
  • Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kesler will make that elephant vagina look like crap. Thornton is ridic overrated.
I know thats why I hope it happens hehe. Detroit would be a way tougher test.
Joe Thornton has played well against Detroit.
Really? Pretty sure he is a minus right now and has been absent the last 3 games along with all the super star shark players. Even his dive was subpar. :club:
Really? Pretty sure he is a minus right now and has been absent the last 3 games along with all the super star shark players. Even his dive was subpar. :club:
The East German judge robbed him, that's all that was.
Yes, he's -2. I guess Nik Lidstrom sucked this season.Thornton has 3 fewer points than Marty St. Louis who is -5.60.7% on FO is 4th best in playoffs and 2nd only to Bergeron among current playoff players.I'm not a big Joe Thornton fan, but to say he has sucked or whatever elephant's vagina implies is incorrect.I'm predicting a goal from him in game 7.
Yes, he's -2. I guess Nik Lidstrom sucked this season.Thornton has 3 fewer points than Marty St. Louis who is -5.60.7% on FO is 4th best in playoffs and 2nd only to Bergeron among current playoff players.I'm not a big Joe Thornton fan, but to say he has sucked or whatever elephant's vagina implies is incorrect.I'm predicting a goal from him in game 7.
You seem to be using season and full playoff stats to justify your comment about how he has played the last 6 games. I will grant you he was much better the first 3 games of the series but the last 4 have been nothing to make me say, "oh he has been good this series". No, I don't think he has and I don't think many people do. They sure don't in the few SJ stories I have read where they are asking where their captain and the rest of the players have been the last 3 games. So let's see, Joe is goalless with 5 assists and a -2.The player who is to be his shadow has 2 goals 5 assists and is a +6So not only is Joe not producing he also isn't playing good defense if the guy who is on the ice against him most of the time is looking much better on paper. Just to throw out random stats that don't mean much to the debate, Nick is a +4 and Datsyuk is a +3 with 1 g and 7assists this series.But hey he is winning those faceoffs the last 12 games. [homer]Wonder if he would be 2nd in FO% if Datsyuk didn't have his wrist injury[/homer]Joe is doing great. As an elephant vagina. :club:
You seem to be using season and full playoff stats to justify your comment about how he has played the last 6 games. I will grant you he was much better the first 3 games of the series but the last 4 have been nothing to make me say, "oh he has been good this series". No, I don't think he has and I don't think many people do. They sure don't in the few SJ stories I have read where they are asking where their captain and the rest of the players have been the last 3 games. So let's see, Joe is goalless with 5 assists and a -2.The player who is to be his shadow has 2 goals 5 assists and is a +6So not only is Joe not producing he also isn't playing good defense if the guy who is on the ice against him most of the time is looking much better on paper. Just to throw out random stats that don't mean much to the debate, Nick is a +4 and Datsyuk is a +3 with 1 g and 7assists this series.But hey he is winning those faceoffs the last 12 games. [homer]Wonder if he would be 2nd in FO% if Datsyuk didn't have his wrist injury[/homer]Joe is doing great. As an elephant vagina. :club:
I'm not using season stats. The stats I pointed out are playoff stats. And the San Jose team as a whole has sucked the last 3 games which has a lot to do with why the series is now tied.Joe Thornton is not a goal scorer so highlighting the fact that he's goalless in his last x number of games seems a little ClaudeLemieuxRammingDrapersFaceIntoBoards-ish. His success relies heavily on others performing well and the team as a whole hasn't been playing well so his stats suffer. I still see more effort from him this time than ever before though.
I'm not using season stats. The stats I pointed out are playoff stats. And the San Jose team as a whole has sucked the last 3 games which has a lot to do with why the series is now tied.Joe Thornton is not a goal scorer so highlighting the fact that he's goalless in his last x number of games seems a little ClaudeLemieuxRammingDrapersFaceIntoBoards-ish. His success relies heavily on others performing well and the team as a whole hasn't been playing well so his stats suffer. I still see more effort from him this time than ever before though.
Nick being -2 is a season stat not a playoff stat.So Joe is only as good as his linemates? Ok.The only thing I have left to say on this matter before Joe beats the Wings tonight is...joet.jpgLunchtime!

No, -2 for Nik is his season stat, but my point was that being a -2 does not equate to sucking.I've never had elephant's vagina. Let me know how it tastes.

• 2 weeks later...

I dont care if the Canucks ever win another game as long as they win 4 of there next 7. Die hard all my life, dont remember much of 82, remember 94 so clearly and it was an awesome time. diffrent feeling this time were not just happy to be there this time around. I kind of hope its Boston for no other reason then the series will have a little more prestige then playing Tampa where you can get a ticket for $60. Kesler's injury scares me that doesnt look good.

• 3 weeks later...

Of course the one year I don't post in the Hockey Forum and don't make a new Canucks thread they make it to a Game 7 for the Stanley Cup.Better late than never. GO CANUCKS GO!!

I feel like that previous post could be a big jinx then.
Oh yeah, they're screwed now. Wish I was still in Vegas so I could bet heavy on Boston.
  • 6 months later...