Vancouver Canucks Fanclub

Luongo looked very uncomfortable when he was forced to come in. He looked like he was fighting the puck.A Vancouver loss at home in game 7 after being up 3 nothing and being picked by many to go all the way would be a very big disappointment for the franchise.

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Luongo looked very uncomfortable when he was forced to come in. He looked like he was fighting the puck.A Vancouver loss at home in game 7 after being up 3 nothing and being picked by many to go all the way would be a very big disappointment for the franchise.
If Chicago pulls this thing out (which I expect them to...all the momentum is theirs and Luongo has no answers for their offense), I'd expect Alain Vigneault to be fired almost immediately and Luongo to be traded at the draft. It's amazing to me what Chicago has pulled off...they're a totally different team with Bolland in the lineup. He's almost single-handedly changed the entire dynamic of the playoff series, shutting down the Sedin line night after night while basically scoring at will with his linemates. Tuesday is going to be an amazing day for hockey.

I am sooooo torn. For years I have dogged Vancouver for years because I think Luongo just doesn't have what it takes to win when it counts. And on the other side of it I hate Chicago more than probably any other team in the NHL. So I don't know, part of me wants Chicago to lose so I can point and laugh and part of me wants to continue to be proven right that Luongo is not the awesome goalie people keep telling me he is. I think I might go for the latter. All I know is that I win either way I guess. Just hope game 7 is as awesome as game 6 was.

If Chicago pulls this thing out (which I expect them to...all the momentum is theirs and Luongo has no answers for their offense), I'd expect Alain Vigneault to be fired almost immediately and Luongo to be traded at the draft. It's amazing to me what Chicago has pulled off...they're a totally different team with Bolland in the lineup. He's almost single-handedly changed the entire dynamic of the playoff series, shutting down the Sedin line night after night while basically scoring at will with his linemates. Tuesday is going to be an amazing day for hockey.
The defending Stanley Cup winner and the President's Trophy winner have met 5 times in the first round before this series. On all five occasions the series winner went on to win the Stanley Cup.
you go with game 7. boston and montreal are on the laptop
I'm sure I'll be at the bar, but I pretty much control the TVs there, so I'll make sure to get it all set-up appropriately... unfortunately, since people here care about the Habs more than the Sens, it'll be Habs on the projector screen + sound, and Phi/Bos on one (or several) of the other TVs. Barring OT in the Habs game, I'll get the last 5-10 mins of the game 7 on the big screen with sound, at least.
Yeah, seriously, wow. Bos/Mtl game 6, Buf/Phi game 7, Chi/Van game 7...Wtf do I watch for the early game?
Luckly I have 2 TV's downstairs so ill have both games on...I did the same thing the other day when NYR/WASH and TB/PIT were both in double OT. Ill just have to make sure my roommate understands the situation of course lol.
Yeah, seriously, wow. Bos/Mtl game 6, Buf/Phi game 7, Chi/Van game 7...Wtf do I watch for the early game?
At least the game 7s are at separate times. I have to teach a class till 7pm(mst) so I should be able to make it home for the last bit of BUF/PHI. I will be glued to the TV for CHI/VAN.

That was one dead arena to start a second round playoff series. Not that the game was much but with the home team carring play for the first two periods you'd have thought the fans would be a little excited.

I plan on posting a lot in this thread from the 3rd round on, see you then.
hehe cant say i wasnt shitting my pants in game 7 lol.Kesler is a Trevor Linden with hands and thats the highest compliment I can pay to any player. so confident right now.Henric is obviously nursing a injury.Lou is proball gonna average 1 wtf goal a game lets just hope it stays at 1.Havent been this far in 17 years, holy shit im old!!!

Vancouver has to be licking their chops at the idea of facing whomever comes out of the other semifinal...whichever team it is will be mentally and physically whipped.

Vancouver has to be licking their chops at the idea of facing whomever comes out of the other semifinal...whichever team it is will be mentally and physically whipped.
That was a great game last night, hope game 7 is just as good. Would be hard to bet against Detroit taking game 7

I know be careful what you wish for but I hope SJ takes game 7. would love to see the Kesler/Thorton match up for 25 minutes a game. anyone still think kesler is overpaid at 5 mill a year long term?