Vancouver Canucks Fanclub

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BOOOOOOOuongo .. amirite ???
Deffinatly not his best season but its not all on him. Wellwood was there best and most consistent forward and that cant happen with the guys they have up front. There D is bellow average at best and throw in taking out Mitchell its not pretty. Not for a total makeover but I think they need to re do there back end but with there cap situation it will have to be done very smartly. No prospects coming up on the horizon at the back end so its trade and FA's. I would love to see Bieksa traded if he still has value out there. I dont see anyone offering Mitchel anything longer than 1 year and would like him back at aroun 2.5 but for some reason him and AV dont like each other so he might not be back.
  • 10 months later...
That eye injury sounds like it could be really bad.
Definitely! Especially after reading the Atlanta Braves coach who was struck in the eye by a foul ball just over a week ago lost his eye. Hopefully when the swelling goes down it won't look as bad for Malhotra.I wonder if this is enough to sway some players into wearing a visor?
Definitely! Especially after reading the Atlanta Braves coach who was struck in the eye by a foul ball just over a week ago lost his eye. Hopefully when the swelling goes down it won't look as bad for Malhotra.I wonder if this is enough to sway some players into wearing a visor?
crap, i didnt know that about the Braves coach. I thought he had been ruled ok. Terrible news.Hope Malhotra's ok. You gotta wonder when it will be when they are all wearing cages. Makes me think of that Ken Dryden column, comparing how stupid they used to be that goalies didnt wear masks.

Brag: Vancouver is locked into the top seed in the West. Beat: It's looking like Chicago for the #8 seed. Hell of a first round matchup right there, with the fits Chicago has given the Canucks in the recent past.

Brag: Vancouver is locked into the top seed in the West. Beat: It's looking like Chicago for the #8 seed. Hell of a first round matchup right there, with the fits Chicago has given the Canucks in the recent past.
Really dont think getting the hawks 1st round is a beat at all. Ride the high of knocking them out in 4 or 5 all the way to cup. Hawks arent even close to the same team as last year. Nucks want revenge bad.
Really dont think getting the hawks 1st round is a beat at all. Ride the high of knocking them out in 4 or 5 all the way to cup. Hawks arent even close to the same team as last year. Nucks want revenge bad.
If Bolland isn't back for the playoffs, then it will make it really tough for the Hawks to advance. He plays very well against the other teams top lines, and he gave the Sedins fits last year.
I am officially a Canucks fan for the 2011 playoffs. Would love to see a Canadian team with the cup.
I have this argument with my friends ALL the time...Why do you want to see a Canadian team win the cup?When the reason they would win would be because of Swedes...There is probably more Canadians on Anaheim(havent counted but it was true the year they won the Cup)While I understand the Vancouver sentiment, I have friends who claim to be Leaf fans, who say the same thing about Montreal..Now thats just WRONG..I respect your view though.

I dont really care either way myself. Its not like I hate the Canucks/Vancouver (quite like both!), but I dont feel this nationalistic pride cause the team is based there.If I had my choice, Id want someone messed up to win, ie Phoenix. Or LA.

I have this argument with my friends ALL the time...Why do you want to see a Canadian team win the cup?When the reason they would win would be because of Swedes...There is probably more Canadians on Anaheim(havent counted but it was true the year they won the Cup)While I understand the Vancouver sentiment, I have friends who claim to be Leaf fans, who say the same thing about Montreal..Now thats just WRONG..I respect your view though.
I dunno, same reason I root for the Jays. It's where the team is based. I don't really have any other good explanation.