Vancouver Canucks Fanclub

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, amazing save by Loungo.
I'll assume you mean that matrix-like kick save after he was down...ya, that was pretty sick. Actually there were quite a few great saves from Luo and that's good for my fellow Nucks fans. I took future bets on the Cup then the Conference. After Game 3, when the Kings were up on the series 2-1, I decided to press my bet and get in on the series at +125 Vancouver.Thank you Vancity!! :)Good like the rest of the way my fellow Canuckleheads!
I'll assume you mean that matrix-like kick save after he was down...ya, that was pretty sick. Actually there were quite a few great saves from Luo and that's good for my fellow Nucks fans. I took future bets on the Cup then the Conference. After Game 3, when the Kings were up on the series 2-1, I decided to press my bet and get in on the series at +125 Vancouver.Thank you Vancity!! :)Good like the rest of the way my fellow Canuckleheads!
I got a real good feeling this year. Offensively they have never been better. After last year many questioned their deffensive style when they have a franchise goalie. I think the coaching staff heard this and really opened it up and let Lou hold the fort when there is a breakdown. Samuelson was such an awesome pick up. Missing Mitchel for sure but SOB really has been impressive and probally will be a hot commdity come July 1st.

Random Canucks fact. NFL top pick Sam Bradfords favorite proffesional sports team as a kid was the Vancouver Canucks. He even asked his parents if they could move to Vancouver. Really random concidering he was from Oklahoma.

Random Canucks fact. NFL top pick Sam Bradfords favorite proffesional sports team as a kid was the Vancouver Canucks. He even asked his parents if they could move to Vancouver. Really random concidering he was from Oklahoma.
Apparently he wanted to play hockey, but didnt have the opportunity in Oklahoma.
Apparently he wanted to play hockey, but didnt have the opportunity in Oklahoma.
Probally a good thing for him concidering he is gonna get 50 million in guaranteed money in his first contract.

Well there is never an easy path through the West. Chicago will be tough and the Sedins will see a ton of Seabrook, Keith and Madden. The Canucks are better this time round but Chicago now has Madden and Hossa so its a wash. Loungo will have to be the diffrence in this series and there is little margin for error. SOB or Bieksa has to fight Byfuglien early on to send a message that they wont let him run wild like last year. I would have liked the Canucks chances better if Chicago went 7 in thje first round. I think it goes 7 and home ice might be the diffrence :club:

Well there is never an easy path through the West. Chicago will be tough and the Sedins will see a ton of Seabrook, Keith and Madden. The Canucks are better this time round but Chicago now has Madden and Hossa so its a wash. Loungo will have to be the diffrence in this series and there is little margin for error. SOB or Bieksa has to fight Byfuglien early on to send a message that they wont let him run wild like last year. I would have liked the Canucks chances better if Chicago went 7 in thje first round. I think it goes 7 and home ice might be the diffrence :club:
The Hawks haven't been using Buff as a forward for a while. It should be a good series. I have to admit that Chicago has been playing below what they are capable of, but that can change at any time. Special teams will have a huge impact on this series.
The Hawks haven't been using Buff as a forward for a while. It should be a good series. I have to admit that Chicago has been playing below what they are capable of, but that can change at any time. Special teams will have a huge impact on this series.
Yea they were talking about that on the radio. I am not sure what Chicago's depth situation is like on D but I think they would be crazy not have him in front of Loungo at least on the PP.
Did the NFL start having guaranteed contracts?
The entirety of the contract is not guaranteed, but there's definitely guaranteed money involved. For example, last year's #1 pick had $17 million guaranteed and an additional $25 million in playing incentives (plus another $30 million in fluff to make the agent look good).
This series will be Chicago's depth vs Luongo.
I think the forwards match up is close to even. Kess/Burrows/Raymond can put up goals but didnt show much against the Kings. Chicago's D>>>>>Vancouver's D. Comes down to if Niemi can keep the goaltending match up respectable and if Lou doesnt have another collapse. I just hope we arent the NBC series. Afternoon playoff games are so unholy.