Vancouver Canucks Fanclub

wow seems a bit much for him...Good two way player but $5 million a year for 6 years??
He's broken out from the good 2 way player category. Right now he's 21st in NHL scoring.$5 million per year for a player like him in his prime who still might get a bit better is the market rate.
  • Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's broken out from the good 2 way player category. Right now he's 21st in NHL scoring.$5 million per year for a player like him in his prime who still might get a bit better is the market rate.
yeah, what that guy said.he's no longer just 2-way, he's one of the best players on your team, period.

Apparently scoring an empty net goal in the Olympics , gets you on the cover of a video game AND $30 million.

Apparently scoring an empty net goal in the Olympics , gets you on the cover of a video game AND $30 million.
It should when its THAT nice a goal. :club: I'll assume it was a little more than that.FWIW, I think the contract is fair value. I think he was already being overpaid anyway, based on the Philly tender from yrs ago.

Great news imo. He is my favorite Canuck and should be captain. 5 million is not bad for a guy who will be in the 60-70 point range,20-30 goals and be in the mix for the Selke every year. He reminds of Linden at that age but with slightly better hands.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there no Calgary Stinkin' Flames thread that I can say... "Booo Hooo" in?Guess I will settle for text abuse.I love it when the Flames suck! w00000000t!!!!

Is there no Calgary Stinkin' Flames thread that I can say... "Booo Hooo" in?Guess I will settle for text abuse.I love it when the Flames suck! w00000000t!!!!
You can post in the Leafs suck thread..Half the Flames are original Maple Leafs.
Yea the flames are in trouble. They already moved some of there depth at D and are still very thin up front. They seem to have alot of smaller, skilled but not top 3 skilled forwards locked up for decent money. Even heard rumblings that Iginla isnt well liked among his teamates for some reason. The Sutters will probally be gone but thats not enough to revive them without a major line up shake up. Who knows if SJ makes another early exit maybe Iggy for Thornton
Doesnt look good.
The hit from Malkin doesn't even look like it would cause this type of damage but that is what happens when it isn't the first concussion. That massive stick was valuable.
The hit from Malkin doesn't even look like it would cause this type of damage but that is what happens when it isn't the first concussion. That massive stick was valuable.
i think the hit from derek boogaard the night before was the one that gave mitchell the concussion.
You cannot be serious? Detroit is the biggest threat. It would be like two top three teams playing in the first round.
Actually like the way the Canucks have matched up against detroit the last couple seasons. LA has given them trouble for a few seasons now and they gotta alot of young hungry talent to go with a proven playoff performer in Ryan Smyth. Just hope there goaltending stays as inconsistent as it was down the stretch and Lou gets his act together.

Detroit has the best record since the Olympic break (or they did recently). They've got many cup winners on that team (even some from two years ago I believe). You would rather have the Canucks face them instead of this young LA team. I know Ryan Smyth is a Western Canada folk hero but you realize that there's Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Lidstrom, and Holmstrom on Detroit?

Detroit has the best record since the Olympic break (or they did recently). They've got many cup winners on that team (even some from two years ago I believe). You would rather have the Canucks face them instead of this young LA team. I know Ryan Smyth is a Western Canada folk hero but you realize that there's Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Lidstrom, and Holmstrom on Detroit?
for what it's worth, you're pretty much a slam dunk here.I feel like ryan smyth is talked about too goddamn much for his skill level.