Vancouver Canucks Fanclub

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

bump.Sedins donate 1.5 million to help build a new Children's hospital in Vancouver. Great guys imo.Anyone else think Kesler is gonna get alot of attention as a RFA this Summer with his performance as of late? He is deffinatly captain matireal.

bump.Sedins donate 1.5 million to help build a new Children's hospital in Vancouver. Great guys imo.Anyone else think Kesler is gonna get alot of attention as a RFA this Summer with his performance as of late? He is deffinatly captain matireal.
and the face of NHL 2K

Is that Kessler SUPERMAN PUNCHING Richards!?Oh. My. God. Possibly adding him to my list of heroes.Edit: Guess I'm only a month behind in the 'Nucks thread. Turns out theres Canadian teams OTHER than the leafs! Who knew?

Is that Kessler SUPERMAN PUNCHING Richards!?Oh. My. God. Possibly adding him to my list of heroes.Edit: Guess I'm only a month behind in the 'Nucks thread. Turns out theres Canadian teams OTHER than the leafs! Who knew?
:club:
That is Bieksa, not Kesler.
What's the difference between UFA and RFA?
Unrestricted Free Agent vs Restricted Free Agent..If you sign a Restricted Free Agent you need to compensate the team with draft picks, depending on salary.

Kesler signs a 6 year extension ...I havent seen terms, would be interested to see the numbers.

Kesler signs a 6 year extension ...I havent seen terms, would be interested to see the numbers.
I recall when Philly signed him to that offer sheet a few years ago was the first time I truly took notice of Kesler as anything more than a grinder. I started to wonder what these teams saw in him.Now, I think he is a VERY good hockey player, and the Olympics showed me he can even raise his overall game up to star status. He might not be an 85pt guy like the Sedins, but he is the kind of guy who helps you win Cups by being one of your best players.great long term signing.
I recall when Philly signed him to that offer sheet a few years ago was the first time I truly took notice of Kesler as anything more than a grinder. I started to wonder what these teams saw in him.Now, I think he is a VERY good hockey player, and the Olympics showed me he can even raise his overall game up to star status. He might not be an 85pt guy like the Sedins, but he is the kind of guy who helps you win Cups by being one of your best players.great long term signing.
Speculation on the terms?Gotta think he got Stajan money or better..But since its a 6 year deal it might be less per year..I say 6 years for $20 million
Speculation on the terms?Gotta think he got Stajan money or better..But since its a 6 year deal it might be less per year..I say 6 years for $20 million
Your speculation was way too low.
Canucks center Ryan Kesler(notes) signed a six-year, $30 million contract extension on Friday that will keep him in Vancouver through the 2015-16 season.In his sixth season with the Canucks, the 25-year-old Kesler has already set a new career high with 66 points in 71 games, exceeding the 59 points he recorded last season, when he was a Selke Trophy finalist as the NHL’s top defensive forward.“Ryan Kesler has excelled as a two-way player and in his role as an alternate captain, general manager Mike Gillis said. “Ryan has showcased his ability to perform under extreme pressure and we are looking forward to continuing to see Ryan develop into one of the League’s premier players.Kesler, who was drafted 23rd overall by the Canucks in 2003, has 17 points in his last 15 games, including a 13-game point streak that was the fifth longest in the NHL this season. He also scored two goals and was a key player in the United States’ run to a silver medal at the 2010 Olympics in Vancouver.The 6-foot-2, 202-pound center from Livonia, Michigan, has 86 goals, 206 points and 341 penalty minutes in 391 NHL games with the Canucks.