Vancouver Canucks Fanclub

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you guys think of us grabbing Mikael Samuelsson? I think 2.5 is a bit much but it does give us options. I think something in the 2 million range would have been better. He could put up a few more points with an increased role on the 1st or 2nd line. I still hope we can sign Sundin to a very cheap deal and then package a couple of guys like Hansen, Grabner, Raymond, etc and a pick for a decent puck moving defencemen.
Samuelsson spent a ton of time on Zetterberg's wing last year, and was on the point on the 2nd PP unit (Detroit played two units for pretty even time). He's not putting up more points in Vancouver.He'll be a 20+20 guy, at best.

Pretty much all we could afford after signing the Sedins. Leaves us with about 7.5 mill to get 6 more guys and to leave a little breathing room under the cap. This is pretty much it for any players who can make a diffrence unless we clear out one of the 3.5 mill a year Dmen which will just open up another hole to fill. I think the Kabele rumors are a pipe dream with the nucks cap situation unless they trade Bieksa and get little in salary in return.

Joke? Signed to back up Loungo obviously. I think this means Schneider is gonna be moved soon though.
or maybe they just dont want Schneider to spend most of the year watching games?I think its a bad idea to make Schneider the backup, no matter how ready he might be. moving him makes the most sense probably though, if you can get good value.
ugh 1.7 for O'brien? Gillis has to grind those bottom of the lineup guys.
why sign a guy that spends more time in the box then he does on the ice? and wasnt the only goal he scored all year on his own net? good thing for the canucks they got the best Penalty killers in the league in Burrows and Kesler.
why sign a guy that spends more time in the box then he does on the ice? and wasnt the only goal he scored all year on his own net? good thing for the canucks they got the best Penalty killers in the league in Burrows and Kesler.
I dont get it. Your 5th and sixth D-men should be making 750k max. If he left he would be easily replaceable for less. This signing and signing Bernier for 2 mill so quickly when they have the whole summer to grind them have me shaking my head. Maybe Gillis is a little ancious to sign them because they were his aquisitions.
  • 4 weeks later...
Anyone else see Marcel Luske's photo on the bottom of Pokerstars lobby and think "wow Mats Sundin looks terrible"?
I played with Luske last year in that LHE tourney I went deep in. He sucks balls at LHE.
  • 3 weeks later...
Oh noes...what is this going to do for Bieksa's PP time?
if you think that was bad..They just signed Mattieu Schneider.

hmmm 2 mill over the cap now so one of their other guys is gonna go. I hope its Salo over Mitchel or Bieksa but its hard to trade a guy who is always injured plus he has a no trade clause.