Vancouver Canucks Fanclub

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could be a completely diffrent team in the fall or it could be status qou(minus Ohlund). I dont know what to think right now with talk that the Sedins are gone and lou might not be that far behind. I would be for a Lou trade if he isnt intrested in extending this Summer. If Lou does reup Schneider could be a good chip to play this summer. Grabner is pretty much a shoe in for this team in the Fall. Hodgson is an intresting story too. He has to either stick with team or go back to junior. He would have to be a 3rd line player with the Nucks to stick imo or his development would be stunted.

Lets start the Sundin lunacy already...Will he sign?Will he retire?
I really think he should go back to Toronto. Probally wont happen as Burke isnt in to nostalgia(one of his famous qoutes in Vancouver even though he did bring back Linden). I perfer Kesler at centre than on the wing and there is probally no room for Sundin with Hodgson on the rise. If the nucks loose the Sedins than maybe at a reduced rate over last years salary. If Sundin is there top centre next year were in trouble.
Could be a completely diffrent team in the fall or it could be status qou(minus Ohlund). I dont know what to think right now with talk that the Sedins are gone and lou might not be that far behind. I would be for a Lou trade if he isnt intrested in extending this Summer. If Lou does reup Schneider could be a good chip to play this summer. Grabner is pretty much a shoe in for this team in the Fall. Hodgson is an intresting story too. He has to either stick with team or go back to junior. He would have to be a 3rd line player with the Nucks to stick imo or his development would be stunted.
I think I would stop watching hockey if the Canucks traded Luongo this upcoming season.

Just saw a great trade thread at HFBoards and wanted to see what you guys thought. I love the HFBoards if only for fans trade proposals.Van gets:Nick KronwallValteri FilpullaVille LeinoJonathon EricssonDet gets:Luongo

HF Boards trades are awesome.==============News report claiming the Sedins want 12 years each at 63 million... That's a cap hit of 5.25 million per year, which is pretty reasonable right now. Will it be reasonable in the last 4 years of the deal, though?http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=282198
I think it will be a bit of an overpayment in the final few years but the cap will be a lot higher by then. Plus they might retire with a couple of years left on the contract when they are close to 40 and have the money come off the cap anyways.
I think I would stop watching hockey if the Canucks traded Luongo this upcoming season.
Just saw an interview from the NHL awards show red carpet with Lou(I cant link it but its on TSN.COM under videos under the title Watch and wait). He deffinatly sounds upbeat and is talking about next year with the Canucks with some enthusiasm which I take as a very good sign. Lou is a great poker player in the fact that he is a very hard man to get a read on in interviews but he genuinely seems to be excited about the future as a Canuck and said a couple times that the Canucks are a organization that wants to win. Sign Lou and package Schneider up to move up to pick Evander Kane imo.
Just saw an interview from the NHL awards show red carpet with Lou(I cant link it but its on TSN.COM under videos under the title Watch and wait). He deffinatly sounds upbeat and is talking about next year with the Canucks with some enthusiasm which I take as a very good sign. Lou is a great poker player in the fact that he is a very hard man to get a read on in interviews but he genuinely seems to be excited about the future as a Canuck and said a couple times that the Canucks are a organization that wants to win. Sign Lou and package Schneider up to move up to pick Evander Kane imo.
Saw lou playing poker at the edgewater. Gota keep him
HF Boards trades are awesome.==============News report claiming the Sedins want 12 years each at 63 million... That's a cap hit of 5.25 million per year, which is pretty reasonable right now. Will it be reasonable in the last 4 years of the deal, though?http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=282198
WTF is up with this insane contracts in hockey?! I'm not sure what's driving NHL contracts beyond the normal definition of long contracts which used to mean 4-5 years. 12 years is longer than some franchises even survive.Assuming hockey and the world economy doesn't completely tank then it's not so bad a deal. Especially if it promotes players like Luo and Mats to hang around (assuming Sundin is willing to take less cash for the greater good...big "if" I know). I'm all for anything that gets this team into the thick of a Stanley Cup. As I said at the beginning of last season, with all the haters saying the Nucks would miss the playoffs, Vancouver isn't far off from building a team to compete with the big teams in the NHL.

Doing some quick cap math if the Canucks can get the Sedins for around 11 mill they will have around 11 mill left to fill about 8 roster spots(4 dmen and 3 forwards, 1 goalie) leaving about a 2.5 cusion to start the year. If they can fill those spots at an average of 750k they should have room to add a 5-6 million dollar player. Now Gaborik would probally be in that range but I would perfer maybe trading for a player in that range unless Gaborik takes a 1 year deal. I would love to get Shane Doan if he is available. Other players in that price range who would be nice to have and are rumored to be on the block are Ryan Smyth, Ilya Kovalchuck, Rick Nash, Daniel Brier, Scott Hartnell.

Jason Botchford twittered that Gaborik bought a house in Vancouver and Loungo is building a big house in the Nicola valley.
That would be one hell of a commute! especially with the up coming bridge construction!.
Jason Botchford twittered that Gaborik bought a house in Vancouver and Loungo is building a big house in the Nicola valley.
I really hope we don't overpay for Gaborik. No doubt he is a GREAT player. When healthy. But that's way to much of a caveat to ignore. When is he ever healthy?

Hmm Jaybo to Canucks E4. I give this a 5% chance of happening based on Eklunds track record. It was painfully obvious in the Chicago series that the nucks need some puck moving d men instead of the chip it off the boards(or over the boards for a penalty) crew they got right now. Jaybo at 25+ minutes a game will dramatically change the look of there backend in one move.

Hmm Jaybo to Canucks E4. I give this a 5% chance of happening based on Eklunds track record. It was painfully obvious in the Chicago series that the nucks need some puck moving d men instead of the chip it off the boards(or over the boards for a penalty) crew they got right now. Jaybo at 25+ minutes a game will dramatically change the look of there backend in one move.
Hmm, the latest rumour of the hour is Louongo is signed to a 6 year extension and Schneider, Beiksa and the 22nd pick is going out for a top 3 pick. Would be a decent chain of events but probally not true.