How often do you guys fold kings preflop 100bb deep? Playing sit and goes and tournaments I almost never did it (Probably because after reading Harrington on Holdem Dan said its almost never correct to do).But, now that I am playing cash games on Full Tilt KK Vs. AA happens every other day. I have been over aggressive proflop with my KK so I know that is a problem. Ramming it in probably isnt necessary. But, lets say you call someone who raises you preflop, and try to repop the flop to find out where you are you are practically pot committed when you are 100bb deep. Is there a spot here where you should be getting away from this hand against a player who is just average (not overly aggressive but not a rock)?I'm at work so I typed this pretty fast so sorry if I didnt do the best of jobs describing it but you should get what I mean. Is it proper 100bb deep to just dump kk preflop to a 3rd bet against an average player at a 6 max table?

How often do you guys fold kings preflop 100bb deep? Playing sit and goes and tournaments I almost never did it (Probably because after reading Harrington on Holdem Dan said its almost never correct to do).But, now that I am playing cash games on Full Tilt KK Vs. AA happens every other day. I have been over aggressive proflop with my KK so I know that is a problem. Ramming it in probably isnt necessary. But, lets say you call someone who raises you preflop, and try to repop the flop to find out where you are you are practically pot committed when you are 100bb deep. Is there a spot here where you should be getting away from this hand against a player who is just average (not overly aggressive but not a rock)?I'm at work so I typed this pretty fast so sorry if I didnt do the best of jobs describing it but you should get what I mean. Is it proper 100bb deep to just dump kk preflop to a 3rd bet against an average player at a 6 max table?
NO, I don't think so6 max vs average player, ram9 handed 100bb deep, maybeLet's say you open for 3.5xbb and villain reraises to 12xbb(3-bet), you're folding kings?If villain opens for 3.5xbb and you raise to 12xbb and villain reraises to 30-50xbb, maybe. Read dependent.What limit are you playing? I just can't find a fold with kings preflop at 6-max very often. $.25/$.50 6-max is hyper-aggressive; people 3-bet/4-bet so light... We see AK and QQ take the same line often enoughNow, on the flop, when you have KK and the board is a rainbow J 8 4 and we're facing heat, we can expect to see a set or AA, QQ sometimes
if you're in a game where you feel it prudent to fold kings preflop then you need to find a new game
This!

Alright cool. I havent done it yet. The situation has been coming up on FT so often that I figured I needed to double check. There have been a few times where i go "i bet he has aces" right b4 i ship it...and then he does.Ive been on both sides of the kk vs aa so i cant complain that much. Except the times I have aa and kk cracks me. I am not fond of those situations.

What do you think about laying down QQ to a 4-bet at about 100 bb deep? 6-max? full-ring?I'm just getting back into NL cash and have gotten in twice with QQ and ran into AA both times. I know I shouldn't be results oriented, but is it even correct to call 4-bets all in with QQ?

What do you think about laying down QQ to a 4-bet at about 100 bb deep? 6-max? full-ring?I'm just getting back into NL cash and have gotten in twice with QQ and ran into AA both times. I know I shouldn't be results oriented, but is it even correct to call 4-bets all in with QQ?
Read dependent. Do you use software, HUD?And I think at 6-max you can ship profitably with QQ (no math to back this up)
100 BB deep? Never, unless I have a lock-tight read on someone. I doubt I can fold KK PF for less than 200 BB at 6 max.

QQ is really the first hand you can think about folding PF for 100bbs, and still it's probably bad. Unless the guy is like 6/3, it's stupid to be folding QQ+ at 6max.

Alright cool. I havent done it yet. The situation has been coming up on FT so often that I figured I needed to double check. There have been a few times where i go "i bet he has aces" right b4 i ship it...and then he does.Ive been on both sides of the kk vs aa so i cant complain that much. Except the times I have aa and kk cracks me. I am not fond of those situations.
This is irrelevant. I do it all the time too; "I bet he has the nuts because I have the second nuts *ship*," "I bet he has top set since I have second set *ship*." When they do, just nod your head and say, that's poker.And then punch your nearest wall 15 times until you're off tilt and on your way to the hospital. That's what I do :club:
100 BB deep? Never, unless I have a lock-tight read on someone. I doubt I can fold KK PF for less than 200 BB at 6 max.
200 starts to be the area where I can quantify folding KK preflop at 6max. When you get 5 or 6 bet, it's almost never AK, so you're basically hoping he also has KK, or is going bananas with QQ. I still never have dumped KK preflop though, lol.

I've been running into this same exact situation two or three times recently on stars and having the same gut feeling, and being right but i can't fold them either. So I guess I'm not a complete donk.

This is a hand that I had tonight with Kings - I've never folded kings preflop yet but I flatted here even though I was OOP for the rest of the hand.UTG+1 was 16.7/3.8/4 over 1000 hands, CO was 10/2/1 over 70 hands. My image was probably tight. I decided that 4-betting here was turning my hand faceup (although flatting here indicates strength as well) and would fold out any hands that I was ahead of. Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (9 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comMP1 ($27.70)MP2 ($74)MP3 ($110.75)CO ($100)Button ($134.75)Hero (SB) ($177.85)BB ($82.05)UTG ($110.05)UTG+1 ($98.50)Preflop: Hero is SB with kd.gif, kh.gif1 fold, UTG+1 bets $4, 3 folds, CO raises to $9, 1 fold, Hero calls $8.50, 1 fold, UTG+1 calls $5Flop: ($28) 9c.gif, td.gif, 7s.gif(3 players)Hero bets $18, 1 fold, CO calls $18Turn: ($64) 5s.gif(2 players)Hero bets $40, CO raises to $73 (All-In), Hero calls $33River: ($210) ts.gif(2 players, 1 all-in)Total pot: $210 | Rake: $3

This is a hand that I had tonight with Kings - I've never folded kings preflop yet but I flatted here even though I was OOP for the rest of the hand.UTG+1 was 16.7/3.8/4 over 1000 hands, CO was 10/2/1 over 70 hands. My image was probably tight. I decided that 4-betting here was turning my hand faceup (although flatting here indicates strength as well) and would fold out any hands that I was ahead of. Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (9 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comMP1 ($27.70)MP2 ($74)MP3 ($110.75)CO ($100)Button ($134.75)Hero (SB) ($177.85)BB ($82.05)UTG ($110.05)UTG+1 ($98.50)Preflop: Hero is SB with kd.gif, kh.gif1 fold, UTG+1 bets $4, 3 folds, CO raises to $9, 1 fold, Hero calls $8.50, 1 fold, UTG+1 calls $5Flop: ($28) 9c.gif, td.gif, 7s.gif(3 players)Hero bets $18, 1 fold, CO calls $18Turn: ($64) 5s.gif(2 players)Hero bets $40, CO raises to $73 (All-In), Hero calls $33River: ($210) ts.gif(2 players, 1 all-in)Total pot: $210 | Rake: $3
No results?
I'll post it but I wanted to see what people thought of my line
If you think he stacks off with QQ or JJ it's great.

The most annoying thing is when some passive fish plays kings so passively.I'd have aces raise after a limper, only limper calls, bet the flop, see the turn brings four to a straight three to a flush, end up checking it down, and I see my missed opportunity at getting his buy in as he turns over kings. arg.

The most annoying thing is when some passive fish plays kings so passively.I'd have aces raise after a limper, only limper calls, bet the flop, see the turn brings four to a straight three to a flush, end up checking it down, and I see my missed opportunity at getting his buy in as he turns over kings. arg.
The last three times that someone has limp/called with Kings when I've had aces they've flopped top set and I've returned Top set on them lololololololol.
Like the line and your reasoning, the 3-bet from $4 to $9 is a little small, no? Do we read that as strength, or AK/AQ hoping the blinds don't play for 3 extra bucks?I would 4-bet in this situation because;1. We're oop2. We're against 2 players (no way utg raiser is folding for $5 more after your call) I hate AA/KK against more than one opponent. With the pot sitting on $16, if you raise it up to $25, even just taking it down is a great result. But maybe I'm just scared...
If you think he stacks off with QQ or JJ it's great.
Like the line and your reasoning, the 3-bet from $4 to $9 is a little small, no? Do we read that as strength, or AK/AQ hoping the blinds don't play for 3 extra bucks?I would 4-bet in this situation because;1. We're oop2. We're against 2 players (no way utg raiser is folding for $5 more after your call) I hate AA/KK against more than one opponent. With the pot sitting on $16, if you raise it up to $25, even just taking it down is a great result. But maybe I'm just scared...
Villain had JJ so obviously from a results based point of view, my line worked out great.By not 4-betting, I do give two players a chance to see the flop who had position on me. I think that if either of the two players were looser, I would have 4-bet but I think that their ranges are polarized due to their stats. I was less worried about suited connectors and middle/small pairs b/c of their stats and obviously I can let go of the hand to any pressure if an ace flops.