Props To Caesar's Palace

I just wanted to post about my amazingly awesome experience with Caesar's Palace. I had half of a friend in the $340 Mega Stack event last Tuesday. He shipped the tournament, winning 12k and a 10k WSOP Main Event seat. They gave him 24 hours to sign up for the tournament himself, give the name of someone who bought the seat from him or take 10k in tournament lamers. Unfortunately, the lamers were only for Caesar's events and not all Harrah's properties.We contacted a few people that night about buying the seat, but no one was interested. We explained our dilemma to the poker room manager and he gave us an extension. The next night, we had a guy commit to buying the seat but he was playing in a WSOP event and wasn't able to meet us. We moved our flight from Saturday until Wednesday to make sure we got it done. Caesar's gave us another extension.Last night was the deadline. The gentleman who committed to buying the seat told me he'd meet me at the Venetian (we were playing in the Venetian Deep Stack event) in the evening. He waited until much later to text me and tell me he didn't have the cash on him so he wouldn't be buying the seat. I texted him back that he could pay us later, but we just needed to give the info to CP that night. He never responded.We decided we'd just go take the lamers and sell them at today's 500 dollar buy in Mega Stack event, willing to delay our flight until late in the day tomorrow if we couldn't sell them all today since tomorrow was also a 500 dollar event. I showed up at Caesar's an hour ago and they had restructured their tournament schedule. They have been getting crushed by the Venetian events for the $500+ events and decided to switch to all 340 dollar events. Jim, the supervisor there, recognized that the main event seat was hurting their attendance and planned to revamp it. In the meantime, their would be no more events at $500+ this summer. This was a major problem for us since the lamers have no cash value. If someone used a 500 dollar lamer for a 340 event, they get no cash back. I brought up the problem to the supervisor and he immediately said, "We need to make this right. Just cash him out," and gave me 10k on the spot.They have gone above and beyond every step of the way during this deal. When we bought into the event, we bought in knowing the main event seat was non-transferrable. We had planned to play in the event until they later informed us we could sell as long as we did so quickly. At no point were they obligated to let us sell it or keep extending the deadline or cash us out.I don't want this to go unnoticed, so I'm cross-posting this on a few sites. It's nice to see a poker room take care of their customers so well.

That's a pretty cool thing to do by them.Does that mean that all their tourneys don't give the mandatory 10k seat anymore? It is optional?

I have never had a bad experience with the Caesars poker room. It is a class operation. I wish they would spread 2/5 PLO more.

That's a pretty cool thing to do by them.Does that mean that all their tourneys don't give the mandatory 10k seat anymore? It is optional?
I don't know, I just know they switched to $340's. I was going to play in the Venetian Shootout because I love shootouts, but I'll probably play in the Mega Stack since they treated us so well.
I don't know, I just know they switched to $340's. I was going to play in the Venetian Shootout because I love shootouts, but I'll probably play in the Mega Stack since they treated us so well.
Damn right you will :)Posting on here is nice, but doing right by them is playing in their offered tourney and not their direct competitor! Does stink to miss a shootout though if that's your flavor tho!I like seeing complimentary things posted. Excellent. Oh, and PS, congrats on the 50% of ship!!!!!

Very cool of Caesar's to do that. Still though, I'll be playing the Venetian Deep Stacks this month over the Mega Stacks. :club: