Substitute Or Skip It?

I'm in a monthly poker league with 17 members. Each month we play a tournament for both cash and Final Table standings. We hold 25% of the prize pool each month and compile it for the Final Table prize pool at the end of the season. 10 people will make the final table based on their season long rankings. Top 9 are automatically in, and 10-13 play for the 10th spot. Your monthly score is based on where you bust out. For example, if you bust out first you get 1 point, 2nd gets 2 points and so on. 1st place would get up to 17 points if everybody shows up.Here's my dilemma: Tonight is our monthly tournament, but I would rather watch Game 6 of the Stanley Cup Finals (go Wings!). I can try and find a substitute to play for me tonight and hopefully score more than 1 point, or I can skip this month. I think it would be +EV to skip based on this: If all 17 people play every month, there are 153 total possible points awarded. (17+16+15+...+1) 153 pts X 10 tourneys = 1530 total points / 17 players = average of 90 points per player at the end of the year. So I basically need to have better than 90 points to make top 9.If I get a sub who only wins me 1 point, then I've paid entry for that 1 point, and the winner still gets 16 points more than I. If I skip a month, then I save my $$, I am still 16 points behind the winner of this month but that would effectively remove 17 points from the total points and lower the average cumulative scores. If only 16 people show up each month, then the total points possible drops to 1463, and averages 80 points / player. So, by lowering the cumulative points total, am I bettering or worsening my chances of making the top 9 into the Final Table?thoughts?P(ps - Osgood for Conn Smythe)

I'm in a league sort of similar to this. We play 6 months and keep the top 5 scores. This allows everyone to skip a month with no real penalty gives you a chance to erase a night of bad cards/play. Our league tripled in size when we made this rule. Suggest it for next year and I'm sure most guys will go for it.

I'm in a monthly poker league with 17 members. Each month we play a tournament for both cash and Final Table standings. We hold 25% of the prize pool each month and compile it for the Final Table prize pool at the end of the season. 10 people will make the final table based on their season long rankings. Top 9 are automatically in, and 10-13 play for the 10th spot. Your monthly score is based on where you bust out. For example, if you bust out first you get 1 point, 2nd gets 2 points and so on. 1st place would get up to 17 points if everybody shows up.Here's my dilemma: Tonight is our monthly tournament, but I would rather watch Game 6 of the Stanley Cup Finals (go Wings!). I can try and find a substitute to play for me tonight and hopefully score more than 1 point, or I can skip this month. I think it would be +EV to skip based on this: If all 17 people play every month, there are 153 total possible points awarded. (17+16+15+...+1) 153 pts X 10 tourneys = 1530 total points / 17 players = average of 90 points per player at the end of the year. So I basically need to have better than 90 points to make top 9.If I get a sub who only wins me 1 point, then I've paid entry for that 1 point, and the winner still gets 16 points more than I. If I skip a month, then I save my $$, I am still 16 points behind the winner of this month but that would effectively remove 17 points from the total points and lower the average cumulative scores. If only 16 people show up each month, then the total points possible drops to 1463, and averages 80 points / player. So, by lowering the cumulative points total, am I bettering or worsening my chances of making the top 9 into the Final Table?thoughts?P(ps - Osgood for Conn Smythe)
Dude, if you go to a poker game in the detroit area tonight and the game won't be on the tv in the area in which you play something is wrong.