Interesting Hand

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em Tournament, 30/60 Blinds (8 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comMP2 (t4640)CO (t4475)Button (t4395)SB (t3440)BB (t2815)UTG (t2410)Hero (UTG+1) (t7510)MP1 (t8675)Hero's M: 83.44Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with J :club:, K :ts1 fold, Hero bets t150, 1 fold, MP2 calls t150, 2 folds, SB calls t120, BB calls t90Flop: (t600) 4 :4h, 6 :5c, 10 :3h(4 players)SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, MP2 checksTurn: (t600) A :qh(4 players)SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets t320, MP2 calls t320, 2 foldsRiver: (t1240) Q :jh(2 players)Hero bets t550, MP2 raises to t2890, Hero foldsTotal pot: t2340Thoughts?

Fold preflop? To be fair at least you did not limp. But if you fold this preflop you don't get into trouble here. You definitely played this poorly at some point, where the worst play was I'm not sure.

Yes, folding preflop is definitely the best play under normal circumstances, but in this spot with almost the whole table decently deepstacked i like to see a flop, maybe a leak of mine. but since most ppl at this table were super passive i think i can at least break even post flop with loose preflop calls.

I just can't figure out how he can ever has a flush here.... What did he cold call with? I guess in a total vacuum it is a fold, but really... He called your raise, did not reraise. So, I would say pocket pairs, decent aces, all of which you beat. There is the slight possibility of him having the same hand as you, although I do not see why he would call. I'd say he is more on AQ here then on a flush... Your hand is not actually very visible here, so he might just be making the move. I think I call here, and puke if he flat me PF with something like 8c9c

with the way this played out I call here and expect to see AQ ... if in the rare instance he has a flush just make a note of it I guess FWIW. You'd still have a stack to play with

I don't see him calling your bet on the turn with anything other than an A unless he spiked a set on the flop and he's trying to be tricky. Either way I think I'm calling here. I just don't see what he'd have that would beat you the way it was played out.

I don't think you played it badly at any point really as I generally don't fold KJ suited pf unless the entire table is filled with tag's, in which case i'm generally looking for a better table... and yes, we call here.

I don't mind the raise PF, we have the stack size, we just can't commit ourselves to the pot too much. I definitely though would never fold this river

Raising pre is perfectly fine here.I'd prob call river and expect to see some sort of stupid two pair/set hands way more than flushes.

Raising pre is perfectly fine here.I'd prob call river and expect to see some sort of stupid two pair/set hands way more than flushes.
this is the reason i posted this hand. i agree against most ppl the above is true, but against an extremely passive player do we still think this? I'm stuck on him having some kind of stupid suited connector for the flush. I wish i had stats on him but my pt is all messed up.

Would he really be over-raising the river that much with two pair here? Or even KJ? He has to be afraid of the flush, since you bet the turn, possibly semi-bluffing a club draw. Unless of course he has the flush, which it looks like he does here. That'd be a really bad raise size w/ Aces up, and if he's at all competent he won't be raising w/ those hands imo. Maybe KJ, but I think this is a flush a majority of the time.I think it's a borderline hero fold, but I wouldn't blame you for calling because of how the hand played out.The buy-in for the tourney might add some insight.btw, for those of you who say it's not likely he has a flush... why not? Why would he raise the turn w/ a backdoor club draw that would be disguised if he hit?

btw, for those of you who say it's not likely he has a flush... why not? Why would he raise the turn w/ a backdoor club draw that would be disguised if he hit?
Well, I'm assuming since he called the raise he either has high cards or a pocket pair. If he has a pocket pair, it's only possible for him to have 1 club ( meaning he can't have the flush)If he has a high pair, he can't have the A of clubs and he can't have the Q of clubs (meaning the only possible clubs he could have worth calling with were K J) Of course it's also possible that hed call with something like J 9 or K 9, but I don't think it's very likely.To be perfectly honest, I would put him on pocket Aces or Pocket Queens for the set, or possibly he hit the straight.. Personally, I would have called it.Worst case scenario, the pot is split and you still make a little extra.
Well, I'm assuming since he called the raise he either has high cards or a pocket pair. If he has a pocket pair, it's only possible for him to have 1 club ( meaning he can't have the flush)If he has a high pair, he can't have the A of clubs and he can't have the Q of clubs (meaning the only possible clubs he could have worth calling with were K J) Of course it's also possible that hed call with something like J 9 or K 9, but I don't think it's very likely.To be perfectly honest, I would put him on pocket Aces or Pocket Queens for the set, or possibly he hit the straight.. Personally, I would have called it.Worst case scenario, the pot is split and you still make a little extra.
lol, AA or QQ makes like 0 sense here.I maintain that this looks alot like 44/66/aces up, I think vs a passive player you might be seeing flushes a little more than i expect but I still like calling here.