Which Plan Is Best?

OK, I have my first real money on Pokerstars via freerolls and Weekly Round 2's. It's only $19 but it's a start and have though up some plans for using this money and would like to know which one would be best. I'm not looking for a quick double up, I am looking to put in some volume and improve my game as much as I can while building a bigger bankroll.Here is a list of my plans I've come up with, let me know which one sounds the best.A- 17 $1.10 mtt's($18.70) and 30 $.01 990 hyper-turbo sng's. The mtt's would be any variation of game except razz(the only game I get good cards :club: .B- 190 $.10 360 turbo's. Obviously I have the roll for them, just never grinded them before.C- 100 $.10 360 turbo's and 900 $.01 990 hyper-turbo sng's. :ts D- 76 $.25 90-man sng's.E- ~4 buyin's of $.01/$.02 PLOF- ~4 buyin's of $.01/$.02 NLHEG- ~500 big bets of $.01/$.02 LHEH- 15 $1.20 single table tournamentsI- OTHER SUGGESTIONS!Thanks for any help/advice.

1. Don't play cash games, four buy in's is not enough to sustain a bad run.2. The penny hyperturbos are not worth it if you are trying to build bankroll.3. I would go with $1 SnG's. I have a profit in 45 and 90 man $1 turbos so far, however I have had downswings large enough that could cripple your bankroll if you hit such a bad streak.4. Avoid Double or Nothing tournaments since you are working on the basic fundamentals, the play in DoN's are completely different.

Out of those plans, H would suit me best:A - looks like turbo and turbos online are generally a shove festB, C - with the field and amount of buy in, this is not poker.D - haven't played those, might actually be worthwhileE, F, G - cash games are a good idea in principle, but at those limits I find them to be too annoying. It feels like a grind, but without the gratification of real money involved. Personally I'd go into cash games once you have a bigger roll and can skip the ridiculous penny stakes.H - I feel that the 1.20 tournaments give a decent mix of terrible wacky stuff and decent plays. They are actually fun, so this would be the option that would work best, if I were in your position. However, I'd consider MTTs up to 27 people as well (those still count for the battle of the planets promotion).

D is the best plan I can see.These have decent structures and you are properly rolled for them. Avoid B & C because these are not going to teach you anything since they are shove-fests. A, E, F and H I don't think you're properly rolled for. G could get very grueling and boring.

if you're good at playing limit poker, you might try the lowest limit cash games. with a limited bankroll, you got to try to reduce swings. there's swings in limit to but way less than in no limit.i'd suggest to play 0.10$ tourneys too, your bankroll can handle the swings of these ones.

Best plan, play a 10 dollar 45 person sit n go :)If you lose, play a 5 dollar sit n goif you lose that, play a 3 dollar sit n go,If you lose that....deposit more moneyRinse and Repeat.

I am dead serious, do D.Do 30ish of the 25centers, then reevaluate.Also, you don't have to do just the 90p .25, add in a few 45p .25. Your bankroll will thank you.This is if you want to start building something for the long run. If you just want to degen it up a bit, just play some $2 sngs or something.

Well, if you are in it to improve the game, have fun and slowly build your roll, then .25 90/45 men sounds decent. Also 1.20 SNGs. As for cash games... My advice - stay clear of that low Omaha, people will call you down times and times again with rubbish... While this is good thing when you have a roll for it, if you happen to hit a cold streak, your BR will be decimated. Trust me, I know. Haven't played Hold'em cash in a while, so nothing there from me. And yeah, forget about .10, not worth it...

I- 25NL, shove every hand til bust or double. Move up as necessary
Also good advice.Make sure to be consistent and shove regardless of your cards, or your opponents will get a read on you.
Yeah, that's a great way for him to work on his game...Here's my advice:1) Focus on regular speed $1.20 STTs, the competition is soft and they're a great way to develop your STT skills2) The dime 360 turbos are also worthwhile - you can play lots of them and even though they're turbo you can still develop some MTT skills3) Stay away from the penny hyper-turbos, they're basically pushfests from start to finish - you will not develop any skills in them3) Stay away from cash games, especially high variance games like PLO
Best plan, play a 10 dollar 45 person sit n go :)If you lose, play a 5 dollar sit n goif you lose that, play a 3 dollar sit n go,If you lose that....deposit more moneyRinse and Repeat.
I played many Freerolls/Weekly Round 2's to get this money. They were long and grueling and gutwrenching even though they were free. It's not alot but it's all I have as far as an online bankroll so I'm not looking to piss it away. I'm doing this without the ability/funds to deposit since I don't have extra money to invest. BILLS FTL!!!
I am dead serious, do D.Do 30ish of the 25centers, then reevaluate.Also, you don't have to do just the 90p .25, add in a few 45p .25. Your bankroll will thank you.This is if you want to start building something for the long run. If you just want to degen it up a bit, just play some $2 sngs or something.
Thanks for the serious reply, and I like this plan the best as well. I just wanted to throw around some other suggestions to get some other opinions. I will run these for a while then update this thread with results. Are you a Minnesota Vikings fan?
This plan could have HUGE rewards, but the risk is a little too steep considering the time and effort I put into the Freerolls/Weekly Round 2's.
Yeah, that's a great way for him to work on his game...Here's my advice:1) Focus on regular speed $1.20 STTs, the competition is soft and they're a great way to develop your STT skills2) The dime 360 turbos are also worthwhile - you can play lots of them and even though they're turbo you can still develop some MTT skills
lol, hof

I like plan D the best, closely followed by the $1.20 sng plan.I think plan D is superior, in that, even if you go bust, you get to play a lot of tournaments with a pretty decent structure, so it will be educational and entertaining. You won't likely get rich quick, but, with $17 made from freerolls, that's probably not a big concern.GL!

this is the best idea imo. reevaluating after a 30 or so tourneys is key here i think.
  • 4 weeks later...

How long did it take to reach $19 playing the freerolls? You might want to consider sticking with those and building your roll up some more through these.