I tried it yesterday for the first time and guess who outbid me all the time? odyssey_2002!The guy seems to not know he is a sucker I mean ... he bids like 1000 bids to win around 50 dollar seat and he never stops. I figured out pretty quickly that this auction is pretty much a scam unless there is a something like 1% of some bigname player in a tourny. Just avoid it at all cost ... the fee you pay to place bids is a joke and not to mention the clock that gets added. The auction would be much better if they got a new model for the fee you pay ... also they need to increase the increments ... you have to bid like 500 times for it to reach 10 dollars.

I tried it yesterday for the first time and guess who outbid me all the time? odyssey_2002!The guy seems to not know he is a sucker I mean ... he bids like 1000 bids to win around 50 dollar seat and he never stops. I figured out pretty quickly that this auction is pretty much a scam unless there is a something like 1% of some bigname player in a tourny. Just avoid it at all cost ... the fee you pay to place bids is a joke and not to mention the clock that gets added. The auction would be much better if they got a new model for the fee you pay ... also they need to increase the increments ... you have to bid like 500 times for it to reach 10 dollars.
if people keep using it in its current state why would they change it? pokernews are making money off it.
This is an old scam. It originated as a school lesson:The teacher auctions off a $20 bill and tells students the bids must increment by a dollar, and he'll sell it for any price, even $1. The catch is, the top AND second bidder have to pay, even though the second bidder won't win the $20.Obviously people start bidding, and it gets close to $20. Everyone but the current top two drop out. The bid is at $19, and the second place person bids again, knowing he'll only break even, but it's better than paying $18 and getting nothing. The other student suddenly realizes they'll lose $19 and bids $21, knowing they'll at least only lose $2. The bidding continues, usually stopping around $35.It's a sucker's game, and you're the sucker.Check out www.swoopo.com (or don't, actually). It's the same concept applied to general stuff (electronics, etc.). Go read the Wikipedia article about it, there's some further explanation. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swoopo
I like this analogy. Spot on sir.
Why in God's name would people still be paying for this if it is a scam?
The same way some people are still making money at poker. Some people are too stupid to not waste their money.

I put some money on the site to buy pieces of players; however, all players like to get paid on pokersites and not through chip me up....so how do you get money off the site? I watched some of the auctions but they are stupid...pay $0.90 just to bid...and the auction doesn't have a finite end...ridiculous.They probably also use shills to keep the bids going.

I put some money on the site to buy pieces of players; however, all players like to get paid on pokersites and not through chip me up....so how do you get money off the site? I watched some of the auctions but they are stupid...pay $0.90 just to bid...and the auction doesn't have a finite end...ridiculous.They probably also use shills to keep the bids going.
The only way I figure is to set up your own staking events. I still have 20 bucks on there. Guess I'll be setting up some sunday million ones soon.