Anybody Cashed Out By Check On Ps Recently?

I got my cashout in the mail yesterday and immediately deposited it into my bank account, and then I find this in my inbox...From: paymentservices@pokerstars.com Sent: Fri 6/05/09 5:43 PM To: xxxx@hotmail.com Dear xxxx, We were recently informed by one of our check providers that their bank account has been frozen. As a result, the following check cannot be cashed or deposited at this time: Transaction ID: xxxx Amount: "$1,200.00"Mailed date: "June1, 2009" We are in communication with the provider to establish the exact circumstances, and find an immediate solution. We appreciate your patience in the meantime and will provide a further update by end of day Monday. Please accept our sincerest apologies for any disruption this has caused you. Best Regards, EduardoPokerStars Payments DepartmentSigh...I need to pay bills and stuff.

I got my cashout in the mail yesterday and immediatly deposited it into my bank account, and then I find this in my inbox...From: paymentservices@pokerstars.com Sent: Fri 6/05/09 5:43 PM To: xxxx@hotmail.com Dear xxxx, We were recently informed by one of our check providers that their bank account has been frozen. As a result, the following check cannot be cashed or deposited at this time: Transaction ID: xxxx Amount: "$1,200.00"Mailed date: "June1, 2009" We are in communication with the provider to establish the exact circumstances, and find an immediate solution. We appreciate your patience in the meantime and will provide a further update by end of day Monday. Please accept our sincerest apologies for any disruption this has caused you. Best Regards, EduardoPokerStars Payments DepartmentSigh...I need to pay bills and stuff.
I just requested a check. SIGH

crap, I just deposited a check today. Haven't received any emails yet.

This is why I cash all my checks and check cashing places.

I got my cashout in the mail yesterday and immediately deposited it into my bank account, and then I find this in my inbox...From: paymentservices@pokerstars.com Sent: Fri 6/05/09 5:43 PM To: xxxx@hotmail.com Dear xxxx, We were recently informed by one of our check providers that their bank account has been frozen. As a result, the following check cannot be cashed or deposited at this time: Transaction ID: xxxx Amount: "$1,200.00"Mailed date: "June1, 2009" We are in communication with the provider to establish the exact circumstances, and find an immediate solution. We appreciate your patience in the meantime and will provide a further update by end of day Monday. Please accept our sincerest apologies for any disruption this has caused you. Best Regards, EduardoPokerStars Payments DepartmentSigh...I need to pay bills and stuff.
If this wasn't so sickening it would be an pretty good brag post.

I cashed out $200 on tuesday, june second. I should be receiving it mid-late next week like always.. I'll let you guys know if there is any difficulties.

Yep I just got the same email, after depositing a check yesterday. If my bank charges me a fee for depositing a bounced check I'm gonna be double-mad.

Unfortunately it appears that the same problem is occuring on full tilt as well. I just received this email last night, fortunately I was out of town for the week because the check had arrived at my place two days ago and I most likely would have cashed it before receiving the email if I had been in town.Dear xxxxx,You are receiving this email because there is an issue with your recent check withdrawal from Full Tilt Poker. The following transaction(s) are affected:TRANSFER - DATE - AMOUNTxxxxxxxx - 28/05/2009 - $1000If you have not yet done so, please do not attempt to cash or deposit your current withdrawal check(s). Due to issues with one of our payment processors, the checks listed above will not be honoured by the bank. The total amount you attempted to withdraw will be returned to your Full Tilt account within the next 24 hours. We have now resolved the issue and you may re-initiate another check withdrawal once your balance is restored in the cashier. Please note that the maximum check withdrawal amount is now $2500.We understand the importance of receiving your funds in a timely manner and apologize sincerely for this delay and for any inconvenience caused.In appreciation of your patience in this matter, we will be crediting your Full Tilt Poker account with $150 within the next 24 hours.Thank you again for your patience and understanding. Please reply to this email or contact checkupdate@fulltiltpoker.com for any clarification and assistance.Sincerely,Full Tilt Poker Support

such brags in this thread that people actually make $ at online poker.but seriously... this is pretty bad... could mean bad things for online poker.

It's pretty obvious that the problem isn't a party thing in politics. It's that politicians in general are stupid and think that people don't like poker for some reason.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeee our real money just turned into play money...yeah chicka yeah yeah. But seriously, what the hell is going on with this
I think I pretty much explained it in my last post. Just another reason we need to get change the government.
Dear xxxxx,We have now resolved the issue and you may re-initiate another check withdrawal once your balance is restored in the cashier. Please note that the maximum check withdrawal amount is now $2500.Sincerely,Full Tilt Poker Support
I hope this is true and I hope Stars can resolve it just as quickly.

Damn, I should have started requesting checks as soon as I heard about this to get the apology bonuses. I like it when this happens once in a while. It's fun imagining 115lb 2+2ers running around in circles screaming, until their parents yell at them to keep it down.

Bob?
It's unfortunate but with the current situation in the US this sort of thing is going to happen from time to time. You can never be sure that you're going to have instant access to money but with the large sites like Stars you know that they'll do their best to treat you fairly and find alternatives as quickly as possible. Also this issue probably only affects Americans. The company who issues the checks for Poker Stars for Canadians doesn't deal with the US for gaming companies so unless a Canadian has been sent an e-mail by Poker Stars telling them not to cash their check they should be fine.
Yep I just got the same email, after depositing a check yesterday. If my bank charges me a fee for depositing a bounced check I'm gonna be double-mad.
If you get any fees from your bank let them know. I would be shocked if they didn't reimburse you.

I just read the entire 2p2 thread and it doesn't seem to be as bad as we initially thought, but it definitely doesn't mean good things in the future for online poker. The consensus opinion seemed to be that Stars has 5 american processors, and one of them got their account frozen. Whether their account was frozen by the government or for some other non-poker reason remains to be seen. I wouldn't read to much into that gambling911 article that was posted because they are the closest thing to an online tabloid.So basically if you have cashed out in the last week, there is a good chance you got the check from one of the bad processors... I wont say which one it is here, but you can PM or AIM me and I can tell you. Also just to be safe, email stars with your transaction and check ID# before you deposit, and they can let you know if it is safe, or to hold out for a few days. I wouldn't be surprised if Stars/FTP support got this all fixed up fairly quickly, as this isn't the first time they have had an issue with a payment processor.

Brag: cashed out half my online roll to pay rentBeat: Check didn't clear, Had to call landlord and tell him rent would be lateVariance 1: My regular job allows me the airtight "my shady boss's check bounced" late-rent alibi - all is kosherVariance 2: 10% reimbursement! We need to figure out how to predict these hiccups, I feel like I lost $50 by gaining 50 heh.

Brag: cashed out half my online roll to pay rentBeat: Check didn't clear, Had to call landlord and tell him rent would be lateVariance 1: My regular job allows me the airtight "my shady boss's check bounced" late-rent alibi - all is kosherVariance 2: 10% reimbursement! We need to figure out how to predict these hiccups, I feel like I lost $50 by gaining 50 heh.
Yeah the 10% was nice. This is the 2nd time I've had a problem with a cashout on stars and both times they've given me 10% for the trouble.