Golf Outing Trip Report

Had a great time in Vegas. Cliff notes of the trip:People:It’s always great to put faces with names. Lots of good people here at FCP. Shared a room with dt1313, who I had never met before this trip. Turned out to be a good decision, as Dan’s the type person that you’re friends with the minute you meet.Poker:Played 3 sessions of 1-3nl, and gave up a buy in at each one. The third one was AA<KK all in preflop at Caesars.Finished 2nd in the FCP tourney for $0 (but did increase my percentage of Gostags from 1 to 10 percent). Finished 3rd/23 in the Planet Hollywood 2am for $120 profit. I used to really like this tourney donkfest, but what has happened to the number of entrants?Finished 14th/91 in the Caesars Turbo. Paid to the top 9. Big time shove fest at the end, and I couldn’t connect with TJ off getting 3.5 to 1 against A6.Other gambling: Minus $5 on blackjack on occasional gambling. Lost $50 on the Cavs, but thought they were playing in Cleveland and didn’t pay attention when placing the bet. As soon as I saw where they were playing, I wrote that one off as a gift to Steve Wynn.Golf:Really enjoyed the round of golf with Nutz and Balloon Guy. Was disappointed that Ozium couldn’t make it. We shot 3 under, although it should have been 4 under. It seems that we can’t make 3 footers when being filmed by a documentary crew. BG does hit the ball as far as he says. On #18, I hit a great draw, caught the cart path for a distance bonus, and thought “take that, Rob!”. He proceeded to step up and hit a monster 330 yard drive. I’m sure his ball said “hi” to mine as it flew over and landed farther down the fairway. Food:In Vegas, I typically just grab whatever food is the closest and fastest. However, I think I’ve seen the light. Hofbrau House was a lot of fun, and I had an awesome filet at HardRock after the tourney. If you’re looking for something fast at the WSOP, they make a good burrito in the food area out back.$20 trick:First time that I’ve ever tried this. Stayed at Circus Circus. I handed my credit card and license to the girl with a $20 bill in between. She took the money quickly and said she’d give me a room in the west tower with a good view. I had already been guaranteed a “tower room”, so I’m not sure if the “west” tower was any better. It was a decent room though.Railing:Didn’t do a lot, but I did get to watch Mark for a couple of hours on Monday night. Good Game, Mark. Right before I left the Rio, I went back to the main room, where Tom McEvoy had just won the champions tournament. They were presenting him the car, and everyone was calling him Tom. I got him confused with Captain Tom Franklin (of Brandi POB fame). Anyway, as the ceremony closed, I had close access to the car.And by close, I mean close. I apologize to you, Mr. McEvoy.

awesome report and video :club:

Good place to tack on my boring trip report.I will watch the video when I get home form work Doug.Trip reportGot home from Alaska cruise at 7 PM Saturday night, so after getting fueled up, unpack pants and sweaters from Alaska and replacing with shorts and golf shirts for Vegas I got to bed around midnight. The bad news is that I only have $350 on me and don’t have an ATM card. Up at 3:30 to shower and hit the road, got out door around 4:30 and set the GPS for shortest distance, which is the back way through 29 Palms and Kelso. GPS said it would take me 4.5 hours, I did it in 3.25 hours, thanks to some little white Toyota which ran blocker for me and got the ticket I probably would have gotten with the cruise set at 85 on the 55 mph roads.I took a picture that was inspired by Beans that I will post here later.Cigartrip.jpgPulled into Rio parking lot at 8 AM, called Nutzbuster who said he would be there in 20 minutes. I see a shuttle coach with guys loading golf bags into it so I figure others are early as well. I remember a lot of the guys that played last year, and these guys look about the right age group etc, and I see one guy that looks familiar so I head over. Then I see someone holding a Fiji Water case so I am sure this is the right group. I walk up and say; “This must be the FCP golf group” and they look at me like I am wacko. Then I recognize Michael Binger and realize that this is not our group, so I walk away without another word. I wander into the Rio to play some blackjack for a little while, but don’t find a table that calls me so I stick $20 into a quarter machine to kill time, hit for $80 win and cash out. Golf tournament is a freeroll.Couple of guys drive up at 8:50, but still no bus. I call Nutz but he was busy signing his autograph for the Nevada Police department, and he tell me Bill (Oziumrules) is out because of back troubles. There goes our horse in the golf tournament. Eventually there are about 8 of us there, it’s 9:15 and no bus. The golf course dropped the ball and forgot us I guess, but by 9:40 the coach shows up and we head on in. Turns out the head guy from the golf course had to come pick us up, and for being so late he comps the rental clubs. Me and Sandwedge head over to the driving range because we take this game serious, we hit a dozen balls and it’s time to go. No one else hit any balls so I fear for any houses around the course. If they are within 100 yards of the tee box I mean. Pass out cigars and realize I forgot matches, so I pass around my torch lighter which is good for about 10 sticks, so it runs out and I referred everyone else to Navybutton since he smokes.First tee, everyone is watching as we tee off, I hit a slice so we play Sandwedge’s ball. This is a common occurrence for this day.In fact Doug has really improved on his game since 2 years ago when me, Lefty and Hfactor played with him. Back then he shot a 130+ ( or more ) causing Lefty to remark that Doug is the most honest guy in golf. He would be stuck in the desert hitting his 5th shot when any other person would pick up and hit from the grass for summer rules.I did hit a couple monster drives, but mostly we just parred our way around the course. We ended up with a 3 under, which was respectable for us, and it won us net score, but gave us a second in gross. I did win a closest to the pin, which is my first time ever. Again no money for closest to the pin this year….ugh.We head into the clubhouse restaurant and most of us eat, I think there were 19 of us in the place, with 13 eating. Credit card roulette and that’s when I remember that Checky isn’t here. Too bad as he is a freeroll for lunch usually. My card is first out again…running good in FCP CC roulette. Trussdude gets stuck, but the bill is just under $200 which is like 1/3 of the first year’s bill when Checky paid.Get sprung had offered me his couch, but Nutz and Oz have a couch at the Palazo at the Venetian so you do the math. Thanks though Get sprung. They let me take a shower and we have about an hour to nap before poker at the Hard Rock. I get about 10 minutes sleep and Oz shows up from the Rio. We head over to the Hard Rock and walk through the sea of girls in bikini’s coming from the pool closing. Now I live in a place where plastic people are the norm. From fake boobs to perfect hair to chiseled abs, and that’s just the women. But Vegas makes my town look like Main Street USA. But I am happily married so I have nothing to worry about with my spare tire and grey haired goatee so I just enjoy the view and head into the poker room. Well half the crew flakes out, and there are 14 of us. My table looks pretty soft, but I draw seat one. I hate seat one as it puts you in a corner and leaves you vulnerable to any left hander dealer’s making me think of cleaning bathrooms (right Merby?) so Suited Up and I trade seats. Good thing to since he was worse than card dead. He was also to the left of Seth ( Cardcore). Seth has never seen a table he can’t run over. And he enjoys every minute of it. I make a rookie mistake of trying to bluff Seth off 3rd pair with the nut flush draw and get to about half my starting stack. Fold my BB of 50 to Seth’s all in with AJ off, he shows 10 6 off. Try to pick up dead money with a 10xBB raise after 3 limpers with AK suited, Sandwedge shoves and I show the AK to Gilbertology who almost takes away my poker player’s card when I muck until Doug shows the KK. Suddenly it’s “Good fold man.” I double up with something I forget, and we are down to the final table. I go out in 8th with QQ vs Doug’s JJ aipf, but it was a standard situation where Doug had plenty of chips and had limped so he was getting over 2:1 and would have still had enough chips to play. Josh (Gilbertology) let’s me sweat him for a while, he made one interesting play when he called from the button with 63 off, but had to release when Doug pushed from the BB. I was looking forward to how he was going to play this one. I got up and chatted with Vbnautilus. I have always liked and respected his posts, sense of humor, and ability to disagree with me about almost everything but still keep the conversations funny, intelligent and non-personal. My opinion of him has gone up after meeting with him in person. It’s a shame he is so wrong in his world views though. Gostags beat Doug heads up and it’s time for dinner, at the normal Vegas dinner time of 10:45. So it’s off to the Hard Rock’s steak house. I get the Sea bass, which is kind of dumb since I just got off the Alaska cruise and ate seafood all week, but I like sea Bass because it reminds me of Lance Bass and felt like something lighter than the ribeye. After seeing trussdude’s ribeye though I think I should have gotten that. Me and Gilbertology are tripping on the 50+ year old roundish bald guy with the ZZ top goatee making out hard core with the blond bimbo in the back of the restaurant. I mean they were going for full make outs every 20 seconds for the entire hour and an half we were there. Only time they stopped the blond would shake her head side to side to wave her long hair or to take a hit off their beer bottles. The rest of the crown was made up of steroid filled muscle guys from an Eastern bloc country, young girls with perfect long hair drinking drinks that screamed: High Maintenance, stay away.Back to hotel room and I get the roll out bed. After 2 minutes on it I take off the sheet and head to couch. Later when I put it away I noticed a tag on the bottom that read: “Property of Gitmo special interview division, do not use until waterboarding has proved ineffective”I wake up about 9, which is the latest I’ve woken up in a while, and Nutz and Oz are still snoring away. They wake up a little while later and we head to breakfast. Now I have just been on a 7 day cruise where there is a 24 hour buffet, 3 large meals with all you can eat menus, and a pizza/burger grill that is free. But I guess they felt I looked like an Ethiopian cause they took me to the Hash House. I have never seen such large plates be too small for the food. Nutz’s pancake was probably 20” around and 1 inch thick and it was falling off the plate. So needless to say after breakfast I was ready for a nap.But instead we went over to the Rio to see what was going on. Saw DN bust out just as we were heading out and we ran into him in the hallway, he was going to hit some balls at his house, talking about how bad he was running, but he was planning on playing the $10K stud tournament later that day. Little did he realize how good the tournament would be to him.We went back to the Palazo so Nutz could pack and leave for Phoenix, and Oz and I went down to the pool to balance out the hot women / pasty overweight white guy ratios needed for all Vegas pools.I had a dinner meeting with a client scheduled for 5 so Oz took off for the Rio and more poker while I walked down to the Flamingo to meet my client at Margaritaville. On the way I put in a twenty into a quarter machine, hit max bet and realized max bet was $12.50. Luckily I hit for $580 and cashed out. Bought a Maximus cigar, lit it up and played a dollar machine, which hit for another $150 win. Cashed out and sauntered over to the Flamingo. It’s easier to saunter when you just hit $600 in 5 minutes to stupid slot machines. I had gotten a coffee from the cocktail girl which I tipped her $5 for and walked outside in the sun drinking my coffee and smoking my cigar, I’m sure I had ‘player’ look about me.Got to the Flamingo early so I played some blackjack, won $80 tipped the girl about $60 during play and then dropped $200 in 5 minutes playing the slot machines again. Had a nice dinner, really shmoozed my client and left in good spirits. Bought a Diamond Crown cigar and began the half saunter back to the Palazo. I dumped the other $400 into slot machines along the strip. Spreading the wealth like a democrat.I didn’t bring enough money to play poker with, so I let myself fall for the lure of the machines, because I can just find a quiet corner and burn money. I think this could be a leak in my life though.Went to hotel room and watched the Godfather waiting up for Oz till 1. Woke up at 6 and was on the road by 6:30.Thanks a ton to Oz for sharing his room, Nutz for all the work he put into the golf and poker tournament, Trussdude for lunch. Once again I met more FCP guys that I always end up liking even more than I already do. Finally got to put a face with Merby’s screen name, got to chat with Navy, Vb, dinner with Sandwedge and Gilbertology and the gang. Looking forward to next year, Nutz you got that started yet?

Awesome footage sandwedge, thanks for posting, and of course it was great to meet you. BG, an excellent read as always. Good to know we have almost identical opinions of each other. (especially the being wrong about everything part).

How dare you turn down my couch. I have a full leather sectional couch goddamnit. It even has holders for your cigars. Now I have to go return it. Thanks a lot.Great video Doug. Thank you for not capturing my awful golf swing in that montage. Nice to meet the new FCPers who made it this year.

After seeing trussdude’s ribeye though I think I should have gotten that.
It was very good, much better than the filet we had at Morton's the night before.
fun video nice tr damn 330 yards you got steroids in those cigars ??
How did the cameras miss my 240 yard drive on 18? Seriously...I went from hitting -15 yards to 240. What the eff.
fun video nice tr damn 330 yards you got steroids in those cigars ??
The wind was in my faceseriously, the wind was in my face for that shot.

Great trip report guys. I will be posting mine when I return home later this week.

Thanks for posting the video. One observation: wasn't anyone ever taught that one should tuck their goddamn shirt tails in on a golf course? What are we, a bunch of hooligans? Have you ever seen a REAL golfer who has his shirt untucked? Puh-leeaassse. One is not allowed anywhere on the grounds of my club looking that way, and we're not even particularly snotty.Show a little respect.JK, but not really.

its obv because im young and what other people do really doesnt bother me but seriously lighten up julie, how far is that dildo shoved up there big guy?
Well played. It's also against the rules to hit balls into oncoming traffic but that didn't stop Kurt...twice.
Well played. It's also against the rules to hit balls into oncoming traffic but that didn't stop Kurt...twice.
hey jon... hit the suncoast