2009 Wsop Event 8 - $2,500 No Limit Deuce To Seven Draw

but how many people pull the old "uh yeah, i don't got my wallet on me" routine and no money ever changes hands?
I've noticed like 3 threads on FCP/2+2 asking if people pay up on these type of prop bets. I find it really troubling that people even have to ask. Of course they have to pay up.
  • Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've noticed like 3 threads on FCP/2+2 asking if people pay up on these type of prop bets. I find it really troubling that people even have to ask. Of course they have to pay up.
i'm just sayin it's hard to believe he's going to collect on all of those bets that total 3 mil.
i'm just sayin it's hard to believe he's going to collect on all of those bets that total 3 mil.
its probably more than 3m tbh and most of it is from 4-5 people he plays poker with everyday...... who also have a ton of $....

it is also hard to believe how many people break their legs falling down stairs or lose family members shortly after failing to pay their debts.

Why? It's not like Ivey took these bets from people who walked in off the street. He took it from players he knows very well and most likely who play in the big game with Ivey all the time. If they don't pay, Ivey will most likely spread the word and they will never get a bet again.Yeah its $3,000,000. However, as already mentioned, thats not a gigantic sum to them.
Why? It's not like Ivey took these bets from people who walked in off the street. He took it from players he knows very well and most likely who play in the big game with Ivey all the time. If they don't pay, Ivey will most likely spread the word and they will never get a bet again.Yeah its $3,000,000. However, as already mentioned, thats not a gigantic sum to them.
yeah i realize he's not betting some guy off the street. i was just wondering how much physical cash ever changes hands in any of these prop bets. like VT pointed out it's probably mostly written down. it's like a running total on a ledger sheet "you owe me 200k for the bracelet bet""yeah but you owe me 150 from golf on tuesday" type of thing
yeah i realize he's not betting some guy off the street. i was just wondering how much physical cash ever changes hands in any of these prop bets. like VT pointed out it's probably mostly written down. it's like a running total on a ledger sheet "you owe me 200k for the bracelet bet""yeah but you owe me 150 from golf on tuesday" type of thing
yeh but im sure they settle occasionally... especially with a bet of this size.
lol phils wikipedia page was updated within like 2 minutes of him winning, idk why thats funny
lol at you checking it out 2 mins after he won
Something wrong with a guy that wins a bracelet and $3 mil and 10 seconds later is already focusing on the next tournament he's registered for. Wow
If that wasn't the way he was he wouldn't have won a bracelet and 3mill and focusing.
Only you idiot.
so you believe all these prop bets get paid off? they probably have so many different bets going that they don't even know who they bet on what in some cases. http://www.pokerroad.com/radio/tuesdays-wi...-wsop-seriouslyat approximately the 3 minute 30 second mark they talk about how barry is still owed money from last year and it's "fashionable" to make bets and not pay up. i'm not saying that everyone refuses to pay, i just think a lot of it gets lost in the shuffle so to speak.edit: the tuesdays with ivey i referenced is the april 7 2009 one
so you believe all these prop bets get paid off? they probably have so many different bets going that they don't even know who they bet on what in some cases. http://www.pokerroad.com/radio/tuesdays-wi...-wsop-seriouslyat approximately the 3 minute 30 second mark they talk about how barry is still owed money from last year and it's "fashionable" to make bets and not pay up. i'm not saying that everyone refuses to pay, i just think a lot of it gets lost in the shuffle so to speak.edit: the tuesdays with ivey i referenced is the april 7 2009 one
Their job is to ****ing gamble they know who has won their prop bets and what they are. Phil said during the final table at least 2 or 3 times that he has 3 million bucks on the line for that title last night. If these guys don't keep track of prop bets they aren't good at what they do. With Barry and Phil it's a little different because they are best friends so with the smaller prop bets they aren't as big about it as they would be with anyone else.

I was joking, it's pretty obvious they keep track of them. Phil wouldn't have said that 3 mil was on the line if he didn't keep track of them.

This is the exact situation that prop bets like this COULD take away from the integrity of the game..Whats to say on a break Ivey went to mr douchehead and said, look buddy I ll give you $250000 if you let me win...I am not saying Ivey would do that, but there are a lot of shady poker players out there and we have seen many examples of these characters.

This is the exact situation that prop bets like this COULD take away from the integrity of the game..Whats to say on a break Ivey went to mr douchehead and said, look buddy I ll give you $250000 if you let me win...I am not saying Ivey would do that, but there are a lot of shady poker players out there and we have seen many examples of these characters.
He was actually joking to others, when they were 3 handed, that he should just give them 300k each to give up and let him win. Certain players I'd bet would do this but not the dude in question.

well clearly i lost in this discussion. i was never trying to insinuate that people intentionally duck their debts. just that there's no way that every single prop bet that is made between these guys gets paid off i guess...which i didn't word well. as for guys getting other players to dump...it could be something that happens, but i agree with the others that ivey wouldn't do that.

He was actually joking to others, when they were 3 handed, that he should just give them 300k each to give up and let him win. Certain players I'd bet would do this but not the dude in question.
Honestly if that was offered to me I would take it...A WSOP bracelet would be nice, but the bracelet doesnt buy a house and send my son to university...
I completely agree. No way to really police this, but I was beginning to wonder when after the break Ivey won about 12 of the first 15 hands and just grinded him down. Obv. I don't think Ivey would do that, but I don't personally know him, so the possibility for anyone to do this exists. For instance, I wouldn't put it past Hellmuth to pay a guy off heads up privately for the bracelet because the bracelet is worth far more than the $$$ to him. I'm not saying he would, but I'm saying it's possible.

I don't think Ivey would do it but if he did then he wouldn't spend over 3 hours playing HU. I'm so glad he won over that ahole John.

If you listen to the Ivey Show on Teusdays about a month or two back they said they put all the money in one huge account, so that explains how he probably knew how much he was getting. I think they were planning this back in April.

I don't think Ivey would do it but if he did then he wouldn't spend over 3 hours playing HU. I'm so glad he won over that ahole John.
Exactly , what a prick..And whats with the floor agreeing to change the dealer because he asked....He was being so rude to the dealers.