• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Notice the film credits Conan listed off for Will Ferrel are from movies 5 years or older. He is so painfully unfunny.
QFF
He better dial back the slapstick, or Letterman will kill him, not to mention his lead in Leno.
In case you never watched Late Night, Conan relies on his stupid slapstick humor.I really like Conan.My dad, a huge Leno fan, really like Conan too. He never stayed up late enough to see him on Late night, but thought he was great last night
The only complaint I have is that I like it more when he converses with Max Weinberg instead of Andy Richter.
I liked the old Conan/Richter schtick...last night just seemed kind of off. Richter's laugh is kind of annoying. Also, it's kinda weird seeing him enter from the right of the stage (facing the stage) than from the left. Other than that, he's still the same Conan which is a good thing.

I thought the Julia Louise Dreyfuss episode was pretty bad overall... compared to the normal Conan quality, but I have high hopes for the future. Also, I hope that the 'In the year 3000 bit" continues but not with Andy every time. It was pretty funny when the celebrities participated... Snoop Dogg comes to mind.

I thought the Julia Louise Dreyfuss episode was pretty bad overall... compared to the normal Conan quality, but I have high hopes for the future. Also, I hope that the 'In the year 3000 bit" continues but not with Andy every time. It was pretty funny when the celebrities participated... Snoop Dogg comes to mind.
did they change it to 3000 instead of 2000?

I've been meaning to watch it all week but kept forgetting. I just watched the opening monologue last night and thought it was pretty good. He was still doing his normal, goofy routine but it was just a bit subdued. A lot of the jokes seem to fall flat, but I was just glad to see that he's still being given the opportunity to be himself. The jokes were never what I liked about Conan, anyway. It's his style and the "unscripted" stuff where he just acts like a dork. I enjoyed the skit about adding sound to scenes in movies and TV. The "I'm gonna throw the baby!" part killed me.EDIT: That Mario stuff is pretty funny.

I disagree, I thought it was his best out of the 3 I've seen. I don't really have a reason as to why I liked it so much, I just really liked it.
I've always been a Conan supporter, loving the new show so far.
Same. Bringing back Andy Richter was an excellent move. The only thing I don't understand is why they changed the band name to Max Weinberg and The Tonight Show Band. I think 'Max Weinberg Seven' has a much nicer ring to it. But uhhh...that is my only criticism. Conan has been hilarious as always, and has done some really great bits. The CIRCLE! bit was awesome, and the focus group was just amazing.

See I think Andy Richter does nothing for the show. I don't think he's very funny. He does the same thing Max used to do and butts in way too much. While I only saw the first week of the show and some clips from the second week, his new skits are really good.Also screw Palin. (The Daughter) :club: