Check Raising The Devil

Copied verbatim from the back jacket of the book, so please don't sue me for copyright infringement or plagurism!:Get ready for a wild ride....Hang on tight as Mike "The Mouth" Matusow, poker player extraordinaire, takes you with him on a breathtaking, true-life roller coaster ride ride from his humble beginnings in a trailer park to a rock and roll lifestyle full of hot women, sex, wild drug filled parties and million dollar wins and losses.Yet behind the glamour and glory of his high-stakes poker career lurked the flip side: a person torn between two debilitating mental illnesses-bi polar disorder and ADHD.To dig himself out of depression and suicidal despair, Matusow turned to dangerous street drugs to self medicate a problem he didn't understand, and spiraled deeper into the darker world of addiction, police narcotic stings, and jail time.In this revealing and tumultuous autobiography, the combustible Matusow holds nothing back. You'll get a mouthful of the man behind the infamouos Matusow Meltdowns seen on national TV.Riveting, exhilarating, sexy, sometimes shocking and always fascinating, this voyeur's look into the world of high stakes poker, mental illness, and ultimately, Matusow's inspiring redemption, will keep you glued to your seat until the very last page!Anyone interested? It's even got a forward written by Phil Helmuth, so you know it's gotta be good! :club: I'm 3 chapters in so far. Kinda interesting. I'll let you know how it was in a few more days.

sounds good, definatley will buy this! :)thanks for the blurb thing :club:

working with Bipolar patients, does Mike get into his treatment of his disorder in his book, as well talking about his highs and lows. ? Sounds interesting to read.

working with Bipolar patients, does Mike get into his treatment of his disorder in his book, as well talking about his highs and lows. ? Sounds interesting to read.
Nah...too easy.
Chapter 25 is titled Bipolar Poker. Maybe it will get into the details of his dealing with it. I'm only on chapter 3: He's just discovered the world of Texas Holdem after playing (and losing at) video poker.

I watch his older brothers show a lot. The Scott Matusow Show. He says there alot of discrepancies. Mostly for entertainment value, I assume.

I was killing some time in Barnes & Noble one day and read about 1/3 of it. Entertaining. Not particularly enlightening but interesting and a pretty quick read.

In order for mike to have a bunch of "hot chics" around, my guess would have to be they were paid, by either cash or dope.
in a rewrite of the blurb, they decided to swap out "skanky chicks" with "hot chicks"
In order for mike to have a bunch of "hot chics" around, my guess would have to be they were paid, by either cash or dope.
umm isnt that the way evryone does it in vegas ?? book looks good just dont know where they sell it here :no b and n here:
umm isnt that the way evryone does it in vegas ?? book looks good just dont know where they sell it here :no b and n here:
No bookstores in Winnipeg?