$30 ---> Loadsa Moneys

Just won $30 in the daily dollar finishing 23rd. Nice, as it only cost me 50 FTP to get in and i was broke before. Thought I'd try one of those challenges as I've seen here. I'm really quite terribad, but I know the rules and stuff, so here goes.What advice would you give on lower varience micro-stake bankroll boosters, or should i just grind it up on cash games?I'm not really a fan of limit, I play even worse there, so playing NLHE is probably best, do like PLO but i'll go broke in days. Wish me luck, i'll need it.

Just won $30 in the daily dollar finishing 23rd. Nice, as it only cost me 50 FTP to get in and i was broke before. Thought I'd try one of those challenges as I've seen here. I'm really quite terribad, but I know the rules and stuff, so here goes.What advice would you give on lower varience micro-stake bankroll boosters, or should i just grind it up on cash games?I'm not really a fan of limit, I play even worse there, so playing NLHE is probably best, do like PLO but i'll go broke in days. Wish me luck, i'll need it.
gl man,i was gunna do something like this a while ago, if i was u i'd learn how to play limit,honestly the games are super easy at low stakes,even with a basic abc knowledge they are beatable, it can get frustrating though :club: gl anyways
try and grind the small one table sng's, i think they are consistantly the easier game to build a roll with, not super sexy but a solid play imo

imo the STT are a bad way to build a roll, too much variance as the game becomes a shove fest and i rarely see people pulling over a 20% roi even at lower limits... play cash games until you get your roll to about $50 and then move into mtt... starting with 45 mans and moving up as the roll gets bigger... its the route i took after failing miserably for a really long time and the roi is above 80% which is something i could never do at stt but maybe thats just me...

Well my new BR just got off to a perfect start. About six hands into my first session, i raised UTG with AKs and UTG+1 instantly overshoved. I thought about it for a moment before calling. He turned over AQ, and there was a Q on the flop and i was like NOOOO!, then I realised there was also a J and a 10! Nice. Doubled my buy in there.

Went on a bunch of coolers, such as my set of 3s got backdoor flush drawn by someone who couldn't laydown mid pair of sixes when SB bets 3/4 pot after flop, and my BB special two pair got limped preflop overpair hits river set etc. This was all on one tableBankroll is now down to $20, lost 5 buy ins.Hopefully my luck improves tomorrow.

I think i might try limit tomorrow. Less variance I guess, but I always play so bad, play too many hands, bet when I should not etc.

I think i might try limit tomorrow. Less variance I guess, but I always play so bad, play too many hands, bet when I should not etc.
There's variance in all games. You're just going to have to accept that if you want to play poker successfully.
imo the STT are a bad way to build a roll, too much variance as the game becomes a shove fest and i rarely see people pulling over a 20% roi even at lower limits... play cash games until you get your roll to about $50 and then move into mtt... starting with 45 mans and moving up as the roll gets bigger... its the route i took after failing miserably for a really long time and the roi is above 80% which is something i could never do at stt but maybe thats just me...
low limit cash games made me almost lose my mind, at least the tourney game makes sense most of the timewhile winning these types of games doesn have some high variance with the shove factor in later stages, cashing and building your bankroll isn't nessasarily as hard to do if you play smart, lots of people making mental mistakes because they get caught up in it and the limits are low

i completely agree with that, i just don't know that with >30 buy ins you can make a real roll from it... and as far as the cash games now that i think about it i hated those as well and the real way i got my roll running prior to mtt was through HU games... at the lower limits they are probably the easiest way to build a roll until you have the support for mtt...

i completely agree with that, i just don't know that with >30 buy ins you can make a real roll from it... and as far as the cash games now that i think about it i hated those as well and the real way i got my roll running prior to mtt was through HU games... at the lower limits they are probably the easiest way to build a roll until you have the support for mtt...
IMO stt is the best way to build a roll. Sure, it becomes a shove fest in the end but since low limit players don't know how to play shove mode correctly you can expect to be a big winner if you know how to do it yourself

I just had a good session 6 tables which is a new high for me with about 80% of my bankroll on the tables overall. Poor management but with $16 in my account I no longer care. Played good, really really patient though, which i am not when i play 1 table. Lost one buy in on one table, but made it up on the other tables. was up $2.88 overall, which brings my BR to almost $19 LOL.Hope to do it again, because it really helped my game.

I agree with using SNG's to build. I started with $25 on UB a little over 2 years ago and have turned it into well over $600.00. To make $600 over that span is not a lot of money and not what most players set out to do. For me, online poker is more recreational and educational. I built my roll mostly by playin $1 and $2 SNG's. I would build my bankroll and then play a $1 or $2 MTT. I finished in good money on a few of those and then started playing $5 SNG's. Did pretty good at that and started playing $5 MTT and a few $10 SNG's. The players at $10 SNG's were better than me and I went back to $5 and started playing the $1 45 person SNG. That is when I started losing money and had to take a serious look at my game. Right now, I am trying to improve my game and bolster my confidence to move up in stakes. Whatever you do and whatever games you play, it takes time and discipline. Getting away from play donk hands is tough but it works out for the best.You talk about giving up. I got down to $1.11 one time and decided to put it on a $1.10 SNG. I figured if I busted out, I would add a little more money to my account. I won that tourney and continued to play better and continued to build my bankroll and have never added money to my account.

I think if i ever bring it up to $50, I'll make some strict BRM rules and take it seriously. However with only a short time until my exams I am going to uninstall poker programs until exams finish.

• 2 weeks later...

Switched my BR to Stars and it has all gone peachy.My deposit of $40 is already up to $90, and I've learned to 11-table profitably.I will now blog this bankroll and how I eventually blow it.

One table SnG with below a $3 buy in you can pretty much almost sit out and just wait to cash.I've cashed multiple times without even playing 1 hand.Go above 3 bucks and people are bit more intelligent and play much tighter and it's not an all in fest from the get go.

Yeah I'm kind of slowly moving up bit by bit, played some 5nl today, now up to $148.Lets hope my hot streak continues.

Seems the 5nl people own me pretty bad. Every time i c-bet with nothing they check raised me, when I hit they all folded. pretty sick. In the end I just stopped c-betting when i missed even if the situation was sooo perfect. Lost loads in all 6 tables. Bankroll has dipped to $141 from $158.Although won a satellite to the Sunday 1/4 million, so fingers crossed lol.