How Did I Play This Hand?

The River  

7 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best play on the river?

• check behind
    • bet and call
    • bet and fold

PokerStars Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (10 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com750285.gif750285.gifPreflop: Hero is Button with K :qh, A :3h6 folds, CO raises, Hero 3-bets, 2 folds, CO callsFlop: (7.4 SB) J :club:, A :jh, 9 :4h(2 players)CO checks, Hero bets, CO callsTurn: (4.7 BB) J :5c(2 players)CO checks, Hero bets, CO raises, Hero callsRiver: (8.7 BB) K :ts(2 players)CO checks, Hero bets, CO raises, Hero foldsTotal pot: $5.35 (10.7 BB) | Rake: $0.25Did i save a bet? or was my fold retarded?

I don't think I'm bet/folding here, but that's mostly because I absolutely ****ing loathe bet/folding, especially on the river. Frankly, I think checking behind is by far the best option. The K really didn't change anything. This looks like one of two things on the turn. Villain picked up trip Jacks or villain flopped a set and was waiting for the turn...either way, his river check doesn't really make any sense (unless of course he was bluffing on the turn and has given up...in which case he's not calling a bet on the river anyway). Just check behind.

Turn: (4.7 BB) J :ts(2 players)CO checks, Hero bets, CO raises, Hero callsRiver: (8.7 BB) K :club:(2 players)CO checks, Hero bets, CO raises, Hero folds
How exactly does your hand strength change on the river that makes you think betting after he c/r turn is a good idea? You still beat the exact same hands you beat on the turn and you lose the exact same (though we can now add KK to a hand that beats us, but that doesn't make a ton of sense)bet/fold here is super super weak imo...

once i get raised on the turn here i am just calling down unless -1) he is a player i know i can fold to (don't get carried away with this)2) if i hit an ace on the river i might b/c.the king seems to improve your hand but in fact changes very little (and the things it does change are not in your favor. remember that your hand is only relative to what hes saying he has. )

I don't think I'm bet/folding here, but that's mostly because I absolutely ****ing loathe bet/folding, especially on the river. Frankly, I think checking behind is by far the best option. The K really didn't change anything. This looks like one of two things on the turn. Villain picked up trip Jacks or villain flopped a set and was waiting for the turn...either way, his river check doesn't really make any sense (unless of course he was bluffing on the turn and has given up...in which case he's not calling a bet on the river anyway). Just check behind.
why? its a powerful weapon against predictable players.

The bet/fold doesn't suck, I'd argue that it is pretty strong and long term profitable in most situations. In this spot though, it's atrocious. We just turned top 2 into a bluff at $.50 LHE after getting raised already...