2009 Wsop - Event 4 - $1,000 No Limit Hold'em

Day 1A of Event 4 of the 2009 WSOP starts today at noon Vegas time.The $1000 No Limit Holdem Event should have a massive field and many FCPers should be in it. They're capping the number of entries at 6,000.Daniel is playing Day 1B on Sunday.The best updates are available on Poker News.http://www.pokernews.com/wsop/2009/event-4/Link to Daniel's Twitter Updates on FCP.http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/daniel-negreanu/twitter.phpGood Luck to all FCPers who are playing.Players begin with $3,000 in Tournament Chips. All levels will last 60 minutes. Breaks will be every two levels and last 20 minutes. Dinner break will be at the end of level 6 and last 90 minutes. Play will continue on Day 1A and 1B until the completion of level 10. The field will be combined and play will resume at 2 PM on June 1, 2009. Play will continue on June 1 down to the final table. Day 4: Final Table at 2 PMDaniel's Twitter Updates31 May 2009, 2:42 pmRealKidPoker: Sitting next to the funniest Filipino lady ever. She just asked me 'why is Matusow always broke?' '31 May 2009, 2:47 pmRealKidPoker: I just asked her if she likes chicks. She said NO I don't like to lick pussies. She's 57 btw and hilarious haha31 May 2009, 2:53 pmRealKidPoker: Dang she just busted. So much I can't share with you all that she said WOW31 May 2009, 3:36 pmRealKidPoker: Doubled up w Q8 of hearts. Up to 6700 now.31 May 2009, 4:43 pmRealKidPoker: 5k even after two levels31 May 2009, 5:26 pmRealKidPoker: Running bad. QQ lost to K 10 guy called all in. Weird cause I felt like I was gonna lose it. 290031 May 2009, 5:53 pmRealKidPoker: 99 vs AK rivered there too. 2450 still in just not getting any breaks31 May 2009, 6:30 pmRealKidPoker: 5400 flopped a set guy folded over pair in ridic spot. 7 4 2 two clubs he bet 1000 and folded for 1500 more31 May 2009, 6:38 pmRealKidPoker: End of level 4 with 490031 May 2009, 7:19 pmRealKidPoker: Out. AK against KK. Oh well, PLO and Stud tomm I'll be playing both

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of the guys from the 2 fcp houses are playing today. I am registered for Day 1b.Gl Everybody! :3h:4h:club::5c:ts

1st place is gonna be > $1,000,000.WOWZA

Tweet from Oz....this just SUCKS!!Oziumrules OUT. Supervisor killed my hand in a 9000 pot after I flopped a set of Kings. I took out my phone to shut the ringer off. I'm steaming. :club:

Tweet from Oz....this just SUCKS!!Oziumrules OUT. Supervisor killed my hand in a 9000 pot after I flopped a set of Kings. I took out my phone to shut the ringer off. I'm steaming. :club:
I'm pretty sure i'd do something EXTREMELY irrational and get myself banned from the WSOP for life if that happened to me.I'd probably punch the supervisor in the face truthfully, not even kidding.
that just sucks. sigh. obv kill the person who tried to call u
OMG. Seriously??? What are the rules on that btw? No phone while involved in a hand?
OMG. Seriously??? What are the rules on that btw? No phone while involved in a hand?
Nvm, i looked it up
Cell Phone Rule: All cell phones and other voice-enabled and “ringing” electronic devices must be silenced during tournament play. A player who wants to use a cell phone must be at least one table length away from their assigned table or be subject to penalty. The hand of any player talking on a cell phone, texting, e-mailing or otherwise communicating electronically while in a hand with action pending will be declared dead. Any player using a cellular phone while in a hand with no action pending (player has gone all-in) will receive a missed hand penalty to be assessed on the next hand. Any player using a cell phone while at their seat even if not in a hand will receive a missed hand penalty. No cell phones or other electronic communication device can be placed on a poker table.
Seriously though.
ya, i would prob be steaming soooo much after that, most likely banned from rio for life
Total bullshit. If you are turning off your ringer they shouldnt penalize him whatsoever. He is being courteous to other players.

If I may add a reply from a cranky old man.If you are paying $1,000 to enter a tourney. And if you are cognizant of the rules.Why in the hell would you have a cell phone on at a table?Just asking.

gl everyone. that really sucks Ozi

gl everyone. that really sucks Ozi
First..... Best of luck to all.Second..... No it doesn't suck. He either knew the rules and ignored them, or he was ignorant of them. Either way he deserved what he got.Life's a bitch. Learn the rules and you may last longer.
First..... Best of luck to all.Second..... No it doesn't suck. He either knew the rules and ignored them, or he was ignorant of them. Either way he deserved what he got.Life's a bitch. Learn the rules and you may last longer.
Uh oh!
Why are you still posting here? You're like a less informative more ignorant Great Dane.
Total bullshit. If you are turning off your ringer they shouldnt penalize him whatsoever. He is being courteous to other players.
He honestly shouldn't be shutting off his ringer during a hand....especially a 9k pot where he has a set of Kings. The 'turning off my ringer' thing probably doesn't go well with the floormen. They are trained to assume WCS, and pretty much anybody who would try to cheat and get caught would use the 'turning my phone off' excuse. I myself used it in school quite a bit.
you know Ozi is a really nice guy and does not deserve that Poto, sometimes things happen by mistake. Maybe he didn't know the rules. Which does not excuse him , But that does not matter saying he deserve what he got, it was down right cruel. Some people do deserve second chances. You are one nasty piece of work. I do understand rules are there for a reason but you don't have to be so mean about it. Getsprung might have a point , and I can't believe I may agree with him.