Starts Sept 27th, and here is some casting spoilers...

Academy Award-nominated and Emmy, Tony and Golden Globe award-winner John Lithgow will take on one of his most intense and intriguing roles to date portraying Miami's latest serial killer in Showtime's top-rated drama series "Dexter." Lithgow will be featured in all 12 episodes of season four which are scheduled to premiere Sunday, September 27th on Showtime.Lithgow will play Walter Simmons, an unassuming, mild-mannered suburbanite who has been living a dual life as one of America's most prolific and deadliest serial killers. Dubbed the "Trinity Killer" because of his proclivity to kill in three's, he relocates to Miami after being tracked by F.B.I. Special Agent Frank Lundy (Keith Carradine). Brought on to assist in the investigation of Miami's latest serial killer, Dexter Morgan (Michael C. Hall) becomes fascinated with "Trinity's" unique killing methods and his ability to evade capture for almost three decades."Dexter" stars Michael C. Hall as a complicated and conflicted blood-spatter expert for the Miami police department who moonlights as a serial killer.Source: Showtime

Showtime was running a season 1 marathon last night, it was fun rewatching a few of the early episodes. I sort of miss Doakes on the show. I also noticed that the drunk driver he kills in the second or third episode is Sam on True Blood. I liked most of season 3. It had a few problems, but overall it was pretty good.

Doakes was great...I was sorry to see him go:Sergeant Doakes: **** you! Dexter Morgan: Okay. Uh, is there something I can... Sergeant Doakes: Yeah, you can get me your ****ing analysis on the blood spatter on these killings! You think I'm here to invite you to my nephew's briss? Dexter Morgan: [sarcastic] I didn't know you were Jewish! Sergeant Doakes: Shut the **** up and write your report already!

I talked to Season 3 last night and it doesn't give a rat's ass what you think of it. Keeping it real, yo.
Thank you, that was very necessary.

Dexter is an awesome series. Sucks, though, I'm going to have to wait till Season 4 is over and torrent the entire thing. I can't stand cliff-hangers and waiting on new episodes.