Can Someone Please Explain Position And How You Play It.

Basics is that you get to see what people do before you make your decision, thus in later position, you can raise more hands, or make more bluffs, as you have the added info, that the other player checked, therefore may not have anything, or seems weak.

I'm new to poker and I dont understand how position works and how you play it. please help thanks.
Think of it like blackjack.When you take a card and bust. The dealer takes your money, even if he busts as well. In poker ALOT of time you will have nothing, but so will the opponent. Position help you see the other person has busted before he has the chance to see you have nothing also.
The commentating in the hand is horrible. Durrrr 5-bet right?
Howard opened for $3,500, durrr raised to $11,300. Howard raised to $36,300, durrr raised to $65,600.That's four bets, unless I'm missing something.
Howard opened for $3,500, durrr raised to $11,300. Howard raised to $36,300, durrr raised to $65,600.That's four bets, unless I'm missing something.
The blind is considered the first bet. A raise is 2-bet and a re-raise is a 3-bet etc etc
lol

Position in poker is really important as there is no way you want to sit next to someone with bad body odour for 6 hours.

thanks everyone even the smart ass comments they where funny
you should actually just thank the guy who said to 69 cause he is correct :club:
I prefer the reverse cowgirl.
I'll bet you do....he he