Wsop Event #2 $40,000 No Limit Holdem

The World Series of Poker is starting off with a bang today with Event #2 $40,000 40th Annual No-Limit Holdem.It's a 4 day event and will be starting at noon Vegas time. Daniel will be playing and sending updates via Twitter that you can access through a link on FCP and we'll be reposting them in this thread.http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/daniel-negreanu/twitter.phpPoker News will have updates for the tournament at the following link.http://www.pokernews.com/wsop/2009/event-2/day1/Good Luck Today Daniel Daniel's Twitter Updates28 May 2009, 11:17 amRealKidPoker: In bed at midnight, up at 9am. Body feels "ok" we'll see how it goes after I get some food. Big day today...28 May 2009, 2:12 pmRealKidPoker: David Stieke Lissandro Matt Glanz Galfond and Dennis Phillips at my table28 May 2009, 2:13 pmRealKidPoker: Dario Minieiri also at my table28 May 2009, 3:17 pmRealKidPoker: Got a massage hour 1 and lost about 30k28 May 2009, 4:11 pmRealKidPoker: End of level 2 71k. Rough start but I'll be alright. Ran into a lot of hands.28 May 2009, 5:18 pmRealKidPoker: I'm actually playing really good. Just got rivered on another big pot though and down to 37k. No luck so far but good play keepling me in.28 May 2009, 7:21 pmRealKidPoker: Weirdiest bust over ever. Cutoff raises I go all in w AQ Doug Lee CALLS with 33! Flop Q 4 5... 3 A. I'm out out. So weird28 May 2009, 7:22 pmRealKidPoker: Doug thought I didn't mean to reraise and somehow he thinks it was a good idea to call28 May 2009, 7:26 pmRealKidPoker: Kostritsyn and Doug Lee replace Stieke and Dario. I have Kostritsyn on my fantasy team too with ESPN.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GL Daniel ;)show the world your skill :club:

Daniel just put up a new blog.http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-jour...&ucat=&

So the 40K Starts Today28 May 2009 OK, so let's do this I guess. It all happens so suddenly despite planning for the start for months, you never seem totally ready to go. For me, there is a key reason: I got sick in Toronto. It wasn't swine flu, but I got really sick one night there and puked for a day. Since then eating has been tough, but yesterday I decided to be a trooper and get some exercise and push myself by golfing in the heat. It went OK for a while, but by #16 I was ready to pass out.I spent the night relaxing in bed and watching TV, got to bed by about midnight and woke up at 9:00am. Slightly early, but not bad. I feel "OK" right now, but the test will be after I eat something. Either way, I'm going to do the best that I possibly can today in the 40k. I don't really vare what my table draw is at all. Seriously, I don't care if it's full of fish (impossible) or the best in the world. Sometimes a tough first table is a really good thing for me because it raises my level of play also. No relaxing, and no room for sloppy play. I will be video bloggin' again at the WSOP as always, and you can find those blogs at www.fullcontactpoker.com as always. I'll also be doing twitter updates, my account is REALKidPoker. Time to jump in the shower, pick out an outfit, get some food, hit a few chips in the backyard, then head down to the zoo at the Rio.
Wsop Event #2 $40,000 No Limit Holdem, 40th Anniversay Special Event
Well, it's really the 39th anniversary; but it's the 40th WSOP.Should be some action from the beginning.

From Poker News

Welcome to the 40th Anniversary $40,000 No-Limit Hold'em!It's the largest buy-in no-limit hold'em event the WSOP has ever hosted and as we speak, several hundred of the world's best players are gathering outside the Amazon Room in anticipation. Prop bets on the number of players (Barry Greenstein has the over on 220), last-longers, and last-minute percentage swaps are going on out in the hallway as the floor staff prepares the "orange" quadrant for the onslaught of poker pros. For their forty-dime buy-in, players will receive 120,000 in chips to start, with 200-400 blinds and a 50 ante. Levels will last 60 minutes each. We're scheduled to shuffle up and deal at 12:00 PDT.

After a flop of Jc 8d 2c Phil Laak announces to the entire tournament floor that he is all in. You've got AA (suits unknown). Do you call?

Camera crews rush over to see Laak turn over for middle set against the pocket aces of his James Calderaro. The turn and river are blanks and Laak doubles up to 245,000. Calderaro drops all the way down to 7,900.

After a flop of Jc 8d 2c Phil Laak announces to the entire tournament floor that he is all in. You've got AA (suits unknown). Do you call?

Camera crews rush over to see Laak turn over for middle set against the pocket aces of his James Calderaro. The turn and river are blanks and Laak doubles up to 245,000. Calderaro drops all the way down to 7,900.

Even before I looked at the spoiler, I was...uh...FOLD!
Toronto is EST.
It would be about 3 hours ahead of LA time right? Haven't seen this posted yet, Durrrr is out. I'm I the only one that doesn't buy into his hype?Durrrr EliminatedAfter a flop of {8-Diamonds} {5-Clubs} {3-Clubs} Tom "Durrrr" Dwan checks from middle position and David "The Dragon" Pham bets 8,200. Durrrr makes the call. The turn is the {2-Diamonds} and Durrr checks again. Pham continues to push the action by betting 28,000. Durrrr moves all in for 54,000 total and Pham makes the call.Pham shows an over pair with {K-Clubs} {K-Diamonds}. Durrrr shows {6-Clubs} {6-Diamonds} and is drawing to only six outs.The river is the {K-Diamonds}, which gives Pham a set and the pot. Durrrr is eliminated from the tournament while Pham shoots up to 185,000