I'm playing in a small SnG on Hollywood and just watched someone flop quad eights and check it all the way down. Afterwards, he said, "I was waiting for you to bet it Naismith", despite the fact that I checked on every street and limped preflop and haven't been aggressive at all so far. I was last to act. He was immediately to my right.Anyhow, just thought it was funny.Peace,Jay

Thats pretty bad, but a couple weeks ago i played with a guy on full tilt... he caught quad 8s on the turn and check it down with the nuts.... and what makes this worse is that it was heads up and he acted last! lol what a donkey

Last week, i flopped quads with my pocket queens and led out on the flop, turn and river... there were two spades on the flop and the river was a spade, giving someone the nut flush...it pays to bet.
That's not a very good example - if you got all his money in on the end anyway - im sure you could have done it if you'd checked down to the river and raised/bet into him there.Im not saying it is correct to check down to the river (apart from some situations) - just saying that in this situation it didnt pay to bet before the river.

All I really play lately is 1/2 Limit, and those people will call with anything (or nothing at all) so I've stopped checking my good hands pretty much altogether. Had my best day ever yesterday, +115bb in about 8 hours of play.

You don't always have to bet the turn but you BETTER BET the river!If for example you have 97 on the BB in unraised pot and board is 777 after the flop then you of course check... if the turn is a non-face then you should also check.If the turn is a facecard then of course you bet. I'd personally bet something like 2x the pot hoping to make it look like a steal.But always bet the river, and bet it big, you have nothing to lose, you aren't going to get called even for $1 unless someone has a boat.. and they'll call almost anything if they have a boat.

Totally unrelated ... I had a friend sign up under me on gamesgrid as a referral and his poker id is 'FloppyNuts' now thats funny!

Totally unrelated ... I had a friend sign up under me on gamesgrid as a referral and his poker id is 'FloppyNuts'  now thats funny!
I'm gettin' ripped off! :club: I sat with someone online whose name was "PlaysWithNuts."
Totally unrelated ... I had a friend sign up under me on gamesgrid as a referral and his poker id is 'FloppyNuts'  now thats funny!
I'm gettin' ripped off! :club: I sat with someone online whose name was "PlaysWithNuts."
ROFL! I never even saw your name before, but doubt thats where he got it. Either way the name is funny! Guess you will be picking another nick if you ever play on gamesgrid lol

It's just totally stupid to check the nuts on the river if you;re last to act.. i mean really.On the flop and turn, it depends. If you are playing vs a loose player who you can get to fire 2 bets at you, then check. If you are certain your opponent has a big draw or big hand, it's ok to try to get him to bet. However most of the time against good players i bet the farm when i have the nuts to see if they will think i'm trying to buy the pot.Recently i flopped a straight flush (had 6 :club: 7 :D flop was 3 4 5 of hearts) vs a good player in AC and moved all in immediately, he called with KK.

Last week, i flopped quads with my pocket queens and led out on the flop, turn and river... there were two spades on the flop and the river was a spade, giving someone the nut flush...it pays to bet.
That's not a very good example - if you got all his money in on the end anyway - im sure you could have done it if you'd checked down to the river and raised/bet into him there.Im not saying it is correct to check down to the river (apart from some situations) - just saying that in this situation it didnt pay to bet before the river.
Does everyone only play NL now? Jeez.

Last night I was dealt AA in the big blind, and only got one caller (the button).Flopped quads, checked and called his bet.Checked turn, and he bet out and we capped.Bet flop, he raised and we capped.Sometimes it pays to check if your opponent is a jackass.Not a great story, but I was happy when it happened.