F C P Golf/poker Meetup Thread

Nutzbuster has arrived in Vegas. I will be there Wednesday around 7PM. If anyone wants to meetup, post in this thread and PM either me or Nutz for our phone numbers. We plan on playing lots of poker at the RIO/Bellagio/Venetian and maybe a few Deep Stack & Mega Stack events along with the typical railing of Daniel and all FCPers playing this week.This will also be my Official FCP Golf/Poker Trip report thread filled with useless blabbering and embarassing pics of everyone associated with the event. I will also be twittering (tweeting) or whatever you call it every 10 minutes J/K....actually I am not kidding. I plan on tweeting as much as I can with pics until my phone dies.My twitter address is www.twitter.com/oziumrules & Scott's is www.twitter.com/nutzbusterHope everyone travels safely ! Let the madness begin........

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm getting in thursday night and will commence poker immediately. I set up a twitter but who knows if it will catch on for me. www.twitter.com/vbnautilus(i'm also up for meeting up with whoever/whenever just send me pm or aim)

I'm getting into town around 11am Saturday. One of the regulars in the room where I deal is going to be out there, and I promised him I'd play a tournament with him. I doubt i'll have enough time to make it to a mega or deep stack, so it's looking like Binion's at 2pm.Is anyone interested in late night bowling at GoldCoast Saturday night?

I'm getting into town around 11am Saturday. One of the regulars in the room where I deal is going to be out there, and I promised him I'd play a tournament with him. I doubt i'll have enough time to make it to a mega or deep stack, so it's looking like Binion's at 2pm.Is anyone interested in late night bowling at GoldCoast Saturday night?
YES YES YES!!! I work until 11 but my office is like....1.5 blocks from Gold Coast. That'd be a great start to the debauchery that is the golf outing/poker tournament.
YES YES YES!!! I work until 11 but my office is like....1.5 blocks from Gold Coast. That'd be a great start to the debauchery that is the golf outing/poker tournament.
Then let's do it.I also joined the twitter revolution, seems to be a good way to keep in touch out there. www.twitter.com/sandwedgeFCP
I'm getting in thursday night and will commence poker immediately. I set up a twitter but who knows if it will catch on for me. www.twitter.com/vbnautilus(i'm also up for meeting up with whoever/whenever just send me pm or aim)
neither of your twitter accounts are coming up, Vb yours comes up as your professional accountgl and have fun, looking forward to the posts and let us know what is happening with the WSOP reports OZI, especially on the FCP poker tournament I want a commentators report lol with play by play

don't worry about it, must be there search program or me most likelyadded you and sandwedge.gl guys

I'm coming in Friday night around 11, if anyone wants to get together let me know...my twitter is twitter.com/dt1313 e-mail is dt1313@gmail.compm me for my cell...I'm definitely up for bowling on Saturday night.Dan

Wednesday Day 1Woke up Wednesday around 7am anxious about the trip and hoping I would be tired for the 5 hour flight from Miami. Its been POURING the last few days in Miami and I was certain the flight would be delayed. We boarded on time and at that point I figured we got lucky so I began my airplane ritual. I popped a valium (a big one) and turn the ipod on and listened to Pink Floyd "Animals". Twenty minutes later we still havent left and my valium is kicking in....good. Just as the valium drool started leaving my lips the captain came on the loudspeaker and says "We might have a problem with one of the engines, but it doesnt look serious." Yeah right, not serious. All engine issues are serious to me so I popped another BIG Valium and turned up the ipod. I believe I woke up over Texas ( I am assuming Texas due to the turbulance) and I asked the guy next to me "What time did we takeoff". He gave me a look like I was speaking a foriegn language and stared at me for about 30 seconds. As the valium haze started lifting I realized I was speaking a foriegn language....ENGLISH ! We did just leave Miami ya know. He spokey no englisha. I should have known he didnt speak Engligh, the large bandana with "Viva Cuba" on it didnt register. It turned out we left and hour late adn I landed in Vegas around 7:30.I texted Nutzbuster as soon as I left the terminal and told him I landed. I assumed I would take a cab to the Pallazzo and meet up with him but as I walked to baggage claim I saw a familiar face "Its Patrick Dempsey" I said in a semi-loud squeal....nope its just Scott with a cardboard sign that read "Welcome to Las Vegas". By that time the Valium buzz was gone and as I got closer to him I realized he had no sign at all....the crazy sh.it you imagine when your on pharmaceuticals !We headed over the Pallazzo to drop off my bags and decide where we were gonna eat. We decided to meet Ray (Troyomac) at the RIO and eat at RUB BBQ (pics on my twitter account). I have eaten there a bunch of times and was excited to get the fried pickles and pulled pork. After the meal we walked to the RIO convention area where they hold the WSOP. The changes they have made looked pretty good. They moved the satelllite room from across the BIG room to down the hall near the entrance. It will hold a lot more players and the congestion is less. In the big room they split the big stage into two with a bigger walkway in between to view both televised events (if they have any). Last year if they didnt have an event being recorded and say Phil Hellmuth was going for #12 they would move a table near the stadium where they were filming a televised table and go back and forth. Now with the new setup they can film them both with ease and people could watch both.As we looked around the satellite room Me, Nutz and Troyo decided to play a quick $125 satellite. Ray was the 1st to bust out card dead (pics on twitter) and Nutz was accumulating most of the chips. Two players shoved all in for about $600 each and when it got to me I looked down at Q/J sooted ! At that point I wasnt getting many hands and I had around $750 in chips and thought I would gamble. I figured I might have a live card and I had to make something happen so I shoved on top. One guy had A/4 and the other guy had pocket tens. What do ya know....I flopped a J and tripled up. The next 4 hands our chip leader Nutzbuster had were major coolers....he couldnt catch a card and he was out in 4th. I started catching some hands and had a 4-1 chip lead on the last guy. He seemed defeated and said "Wanna do a deal?" I said sure "I will give you $100" and he took it ! All he had to do was double up once and he would have chips to play with ! Thanks dude.I took the $1000 in tourney chips they gave me and left deciding if I should play the $1000 NLHE event on Sat or the $1500 Omaha 8 event. It would be a crapshoot in the $1000 event (they plan on 4000 entries) or play in the Omaha event . I decided on the $1000 event and entered. Wish me luck, Im gonna need it.More to come.......

Damn.Last night, I signed up for twitpic, and thought I'd test it by emailing a pic of my daughter on the driving range. The email failed, so I tried again...and again...and again...Apparently, my phone stores all failures and sends them later, because as we speak, picture after picture is hitting the intraweb. The final over/under will be around 12 if my OCD memory serves correctly.I apologize to all.edit: 14 and counting

Congrats on the seat!I just got here a couple hours ago. Go upgraded to a Luv Tub room via the $20 trick at the IP. (They renovated them since last time we had one, much better now.) Well, comparatively.

23 times and counting. If I knew how to make it stop I would. I owe the people following me free drinks or something.