Yeah i´ll probably just say **** it and take the 2K. If i weren´t going to vegas this saturday i would definently try to take the extra 100. But since i probably won´t get it sorted out in time, i´ll just let it go.But next time i will be a tough nail and won´t take that kind of shit.thanks for the advice everyone.
Faggot...
So is this guy the owner of the place? If not take it up with his boss and try to get him fired.If he is the owner, I would just take the $2,000 and then get the word on the street that he is a lousy dealer and tries to rip people off. Do you still have a copy of the contract? Get copies of that and then get copies of the check that shows that you only got 2K and post it everywhere around the auto dealer. I actually saw a guy once doing this. It was for a repair bill, but he had one of those carboard cutouts around himself and he had a megaphone and while people were driving by the dealership he was yelling into it saying how they ripped him off and how crappy of a dealership they were.
i think he could sue YOU for slander at that point...maybe

This is his game and he does it with every single car he sells on consignment. If you don't make a stink he makes an extra hundo. If you aren't a pussy about it and demand he pay you original amount you both agreed too, you're a hundred dollars richer and well, not a pussy. While being a man with pussy is awesome, being a man with a pussy can have this type of scenario repeat for the rest of your life.

Yeah i´ll probably just say **** it and take the 2K. If i weren´t going to vegas this saturday i would definently try to take the extra 100. But since i probably won´t get it sorted out in time, i´ll just let it go.But next time i will be a tough nail and won´t take that kind of shit.thanks for the advice everyone.
Faggot...
I was gonna go with asshole, but faggot capitalized followed by the dot dot dot works so much better.
While being a man with pussy is awesome, being a man with a pussy can have this type of scenario repeat for the rest of your life.
exactly. are you going to vegas in five minutes? cause if not, you have time to go down there and demand the full amount. if you have the contract (please tell me you have the contract), I just can't understand why you won't stand up for yourself here. I mean, I could use an extra hundred bucks for sure, but even if it was only a dollar, fuck that guy, he's gonna pay me.

Cover his lot in birdseed late some night.If there isn't already a substantial bird (preferably pigeon) population close by you may have to build slowly. Start off with a cup or two every night for a couple weeks and then slowly add to it.

I completely disagree. to me it would be worth the entire 2 grand to make sure this fuck pays the extra hundred. to me, regular math doesn't work in a situation that involves principles. at least tell him you know that he owes you the hundred and you're getting a lawyer.
I dont mind going and threatening him with legal action.....but actually filing legal action would be dumb.
you people are a bunch of fucking pussies.
Faggot...

I am a lawyer, but do not practice contract law in general, so the following is not (cough) legal advice.1. Every state has different laws, so see an attorney immediately.2. That being said, in almost all states this second "contract" is void and would never legally exist. According to your recitation of events, the car was sold prior to his call to you. As soon as the car was sold he owed you the full $2100. There was no consideration (legal term) for the second verbal contract.3. What he did was fraudulent and probably criminal. There are all kinds of consumer protection laws out there. An attorney would be very interested in your case, as you could get actual damages ($100), treble damages, punative damages (enough to punish this conduct and detere it from happening again), and in some states the attorneys fees would be paid by the defendant. These amounts could run into the tens of thousands. 4. I am sure that you could find a good attorney who would take this on a contingent fee basis, meaning you dont pay them unless you win. Which you will.5. This whole thing was possibly criminal, so you might want to talk to the district attorney for your county. I would talk to a private attorney first to see what overall strategy you should use. Let us know what happens.

Cover his lot in birdseed late some night.If there isn't already a substantial bird (preferably pigeon) population close by you may have to build slowly. Start off with a cup or two every night for a couple weeks and then slowly add to it.
Or this.
I am a lawyer, but do not practice contract law in general, so the following is not (cough) legal advice.1. Every state has different laws, so see an attorney immediately.2. That being said, in almost all states this second "contract" is void and would never legally exist. According to your recitation of events, the car was sold prior to his call to you. As soon as the car was sold he owed you the full $2100. There was no consideration (legal term) for the second verbal contract.3. What he did was fraudulent and probably criminal. There are all kinds of consumer protection laws out there. An attorney would be very interested in your case, as you could get actual damages ($100), treble damages, punative damages (enough to punish this conduct and detere it from happening again), and in some states the attorneys fees would be paid by the defendant. These amounts could run into the tens of thousands. 4. I am sure that you could find a good attorney who would take this on a contingent fee basis, meaning you dont pay them unless you win. Which you will.5. This whole thing was possibly criminal, so you might want to talk to the district attorney for your county. I would talk to a private attorney first to see what overall strategy you should use. Let us know what happens.
I like this advice, but that's because I'm vindictive toward pricks. I once spent a year to get an apartment owner in trouble for not returning a security deposit and using lawyer letterhead when he was not registered in the state. It was ridiculously long and painful, but watching him squirm at the hearing was worth every minute of it. Check the small claims courts in your area. Some are better than others. For example, in NJ, it's not worth it. It's so rigged in favor of the perpetrator you can just forget it. In MN, it's easy and fair.Since your profile says Canada, whatever you do, HOLD THE HANDRAILS!

I love the idea of spending a lot of time and effort to really get this guy because he's for sure an a-hole and probably a criminal. But I'm somewhat afraid that if I get a settlement against him for $10,000 or so, he ends up getting the mafia on his side and I end up somewhere in the East River. So, there's that angle to consider.

simple question...is he asian? if he's asian in BC don't bother because it's not worth it!If not, I say you go with the sandwich board, but do not do it yourself, no need too. Hire a drunk, or a homeless person for 50 bucks.