no clue25nl 6max 100 eff, villain is mostly unknown tho in 2 orbits he seems kinda passive, has c/c'd w/pairs against my c/bets.Hero is dealt [ J :club: 5 :diamond: ]1 foldCO callsVillain calls1 foldHero checksFlop [ J :spade: J :heart: 7 :club: ]($.80)Hero bets 0.601 foldVillain calls 0.60Turn [ J :spade: J :heart: 7 :club: ] [ 6 :spade: ]($2.00)Hero bets $1.20Villain raises to $2.40like I said wtfbets are obv for value; he likes to call downif he's raising on the turn w/ a real hand tho what are we beating? In reality, I called and River [ J :spade: J :heart: 7 :club: ] [ 6 :spade: ] [ 2 :diamond: ]($6.80)Hero checksVillain bets $7Hero tilts and calls

disregard the previous post as villain has either an OP or a jack... im calling here in cash because i usually dont muck monsters to unknowns and i think we have villain beat over 50% of the time..

Maybe check the turn.

I think you can bet more on the turn (yeah, I'm a hypocrite) to get value from 7x and any pocket pairs that want to call you down. Once he minraises I'm assuming the worst hand in his range is a better jack and folding the river.

If we're convinced by the min raise that trips are no good, then we should fold the turn.I'm not sure how strong the read is here. We don't think he can bet or raise the turn with 88-TT?

Maybe check the turn.
Serious?Have to call the turn. Maybe he does have 88-TT or something stupid, and we might spike a 5. Can't think of anything you beat, unless hes like a 40/0 and could show up with AA-QQ here I'm folding river.
Serious?
Yeah.Daniel checking 3 times with trips in limped potThat may be completely wrong for this villain, but "kinda passive" does not equal "calling station" to me.

Call turn/fold Riv imo. I think turn bet is a little small, if he stationy he'd prob call like $1.75ish and whatnot with his whole calling range.Edit: I'm pretty sure by writing "tilt calls" river you know, but I think the river call is pretty bad.

Call turn/fold Riv imo. I think turn bet is a little small, if he stationy he'd prob call like $1.75ish and whatnot with his whole calling range.Edit: I'm pretty sure by writing "tilt calls" river you know, but I think the river call is pretty bad.
I realize we have showdown value, but unless a 5 comes on the river, we're in the shape we were on the turn.Calling the turn just seems spewy since we're OOP, and there's no easy way to play the river. Now I could agree with a turn call if we had posistion.

Yeah the turn call is beating 0 of his value raising range and if we're gonna fold it's beating 0 of his bluffing range too, but he's gotta fire twice to win on a bluff. A lot of people will shut down after they tried once, occasionally this is something like 88 or 99 that wanted to get a little value out of something it's beating/doesn't want to call 3 barrels and is going to check behind the river.I think a fold on the turn is just a little bad for those reasons I guess. People do stupid things sometimes and I'm willing to call one here and make him follow through with his bluff when he has it.

If we're convinced by the min raise that trips are no good, then we should fold the turn.I'm not sure how strong the read is here. We don't think he can bet or raise the turn with 88-TT?
I've said this maybe 1,000 times in here and I'll say it again. Board trips are prob the most obvious hand you will ever hold in poker.(not to be confused with a set, the most disguised hand you will ever hold).I think that learning to lay down or exploit trips is a powerful skill. I try to find a balance between getting value and value-owning myself with trips.The min-raise is spooky. Of course, of course, of course, we need a read here. I'm never folding to a min-raise on the turn. BUT I'm also not getting myself stacked here, like ever, unless villain is a moron.
I think maybe I was putting a bit too emphasis on the minraise. Like maybe by itself it isn't enough of an indication we are beat to fold the turn, but I think coupled with a PSB from a passive player on the river it's enough indication we should definitely fold river.

I think he called with a garbage like J7 and hit a full house. I'd check the river and fold if that becomes too expensive.