Slim is a silver tongued liar and anything he says should be assumed to be a lie. After this season's HSP, I didn't think I could think DN could possible be a bigger sucker than he appears to be on that show, but after reading his blog, I sold him short.
Spot on.You could ask him the same questions about anything in his past, hustling, cheating, stealing whatever it may be... and he'd gloss over the story in exactly the same way, naturally.To instantly take his word as gospel just because he said so in one interview (although he admits to saying 'I bet that feels good' to a 12 year old?!), is naive at best.Cliff notes: The guy's a frikkin pedo.
it's too bad what he's done in his senility has to tarnish his life of hustling, cheating, and outright swindling almost every person he's ever come across.
You could say the same about every poker player out there, watch out guys if you get charged because poker players are cheating scum and should be hung high.That's what you said?
Cliff notes: The guy's a frikkin pedo.
You guys are almost as bad as a Texas jury.

Putting myself in the parents of the "victim" shoes, if my daughter had been molested by her grandfather, and she didn't retract it at a later time, I wouldn't have left it at $4k fine and 2 years probation. I have limited knowledge of the American legal system, but over here it would be possible to appeal/take it to another court etc. If it was something more genuinely sinister, I know I wouldn't leave it there.Just my 2 cents. And for people to be getting so angry about something they know nothing about is a little crazy.

Everybody instinctively wants to beleive that a man/grandfather could never do such a thing. When he tells a 'reasonable' account of what happened, we really want to believe him. But the man did something inappropriate with this little girl. Young children do not interpret and remember innocent behaviour in a sexual context. This is just not how they see the world. For this girl to recount sexualized behaviour to her family in this manner, something must have been inappropriate. This is why the authorities take it so serously. As time passes, children's thoughts and memories become re-organized, and so even the victim might start to doubt her own recollections and might even feel guilty about disrupting the family to such a degree. The perpetrators account might even start to seem plausible, and stories might change.

You guys are almost as bad as a Texas jury.
You have a 12 year old daughter. I touch her leg and say 'I bet that feels good' (at the very least, that's only what he admitted to in the interview). Do you want me around your kids any more?

I don't really have an opinion wheter he's guilty or not, but from what I've read here I think it's warranted to point out that:many people have been falsely accused of this crime, one example is from norway something like ten years ago when a man working at a kindergarden was accused with almost every child in the town as a witness of him raping children. He later turned out to be completely innocent. This phenomnen happens because sometimes adaults such as parents and psycholigist can acutally make a child believe they have experienced things that just aren't real. This is also related to the "witch-processes" in europe in the 17th centuary when numerous women where burnt on boles accused of witchery, where children witnessed having seen the women fly on brooms, eating babies etc.This does not mean that phedophelia does not exist, it does. but there should maybe be other nuanses than "he looks creepy, he must be guilty, hang him!"(sorry for the bad grammer and such)

When I first read that I thought the same thing. But I think he may have been being sarcastic and it's tough to get that tone from the writing. As in, say you see someone using a rock for a pillow or something, and you say, "Wow, that looks comfortable..."Possible, or naive?
I guess it's possible but I doubt it. I would think if this were the case he may have clarified it. Also for the first interview he's given on the subject I found it odd that he wasn't adament about the fact that he didn't plead guilty, admit guilt etc. I get that there are times when over zealous lawyers, police etc can railroad people but for him to never really come out until now and proclaim his innocence is questionable at best.

How anyone reads this and says "Cool, guy might be innocent" is beyond me. FWIW, lawyers or not, if I was ever accused of molesting my daughter, granddaughter, etc., you would see me everyday holding press conferences with whoever would listen shouting my innocence at the top of my lungs. That's a horrible crime to be accused of, I would not rest until the world knew 10x over exactly how I stood on the matter.

You have a 12 year old daughter. I touch her leg and say 'I bet that feels good' (at the very least, that's only what he admitted to in the interview). Do you want me around your kids any more?
He had made a prop bet with one of the other grandkids.

Hmmm, the whole thing is quite interesting if nothing else.A few things that have been said already...1) If someone was accused of such a horrible crime (it doesn't get much worse than child molestation), you would think that they would do everything in their power to prove they are not guilty and clear their name. However, Slim didn't want to do this because he says he wanted to protect his family. Maybe, he didn't want to do it because he thought he'd lose regardless, maybe his gambler image would mean the jury looked at him as a scumbag.These are reasonable thoughts on Slim's part. However, I for one would still do everything I could to clear my name. I do not know what it's like to love a little girl so much (in the normal way), that I'd be willing to ruin my life just to protect her. So, basically, all these things have to be taken into account.2) Slim has the gift of gab. He is an expert at telling stories. He is the type of guy who could do something wrong, then convince you that he didn't do anything wrong. However, just because this is true, it cannot be assumed he did something wrong and is telling a story to cover it up. It's possible he did something wrong, and is using his skillful speech to talk himself out of it. It also possible he did nothing wrong, and is using his skillful speech to tell the truth.Overall, the whole thing seems a little strange. IMO, I still think he did something that's not quite right. But, there doesn't seem to be enough evidence to say for sure that he is a pedophile/child molestor/old pervert.If asked the question, would I leave my children (if I had any), my little brother, my little cousins etc. with him, my answer would be hell no.

I read something on this event closer to the time the charges were brought and it really made it seem like a failed extortion attempt on the other family member's part (the girls mom). In these cases, no one ever really knows but I would guess Doyle Brunson is about as good a judge of character on the planet so I would have to accept his read of the situation. Truly sad to know there are people in the world who would hurt children as well as people who would make up false accusations for financial motives.

I googled hours ago. Terrible song, btw.
I went to college with his older brother, who, I am pretty sure tried to steal the system out of my truck. One day he brought me a boot leg VHS of that song. I actually like that song, but it was the only one he ever did that even O.K.
I went to college with his older brother, who, I am pretty sure tried to steal the system out of my truck. One day he brought me a boot leg VHS of that song. I actually like that song, but it was the only one he ever did that even O.K.
Ever hear of TQ? He/They/Whatever do a stunning 2000-era version of Hotel California, but, like, everything else he/they/whatever ever touched went to pure and utter $#!t.Link, note the hilarious "Tom Petty Cover" description.

"Although Slim never served any jail time, he has been incarcerated from the things he craves most - respect and appreciation."LOL horrible writing. seriously, if you are this bad of a writer why do you become a journalist?

There is way too much smoke around Amarillo Slim's whole life for there not to be some fire somewhere. This whole story reeks.

There is way too much smoke around Amarillo Slim's whole life for there not to be some fire somewhere. This whole story reeks.
I agree.also, how is it normal for a 12 year old girl to be sitting in her grandfather's lap? or why would he be "clowning around" with her?

From the comments section of the Amarillo Slim interview:I know both Nolan [who conducted the interview and wrote the article] and Slim. I applaud Nolan for doing this interview and I know he is one talented S.O.B. who I'm proud to call a friend. I Used to call "Slim" a friend, actually, the quote in the LVRJ calling Preston "Amarillo Slime" was coined by ME on my poker talk show at the time, and I STILL stand by that and will until my dying day. Slim is a bitter, vitriolic, cheating scumbag who I thoroughly believe did something inappropriate with his granddaughter. Slim is such a fixture in Amarillo, and as we knew then, and he freely admitted in Nolan's interview, HE AND THE DISTRICT ATTORNEY ARE FRIENDS. What part of that don't people get? If I were still doing investigative journalism, which I did for a time in my career, I would have immediately started investigating the D.A. for taking a bribe. This is not an innocent grandfather who would ever plead "no contest" to an assault on his own grandchild if he weren't guilty of more. For those of you who have worshiped SLIME from afar for oh these many years, I can tell you that I thought he was a "hero" when I met him, then I got to know him, and he's a SNAKE. I've spent many hours with Preston (before the charges) and learned a lot about him, especially that he ALWAYS plays any angle he can. I will go on record right now and say I believe he molested Hannah, and he can go ahead and "sue me with his baseball bat". I also was interviewing SLIME one time when the first controversy was started by Russ Georgiev, John Martino, Bill Nirdlinger and Mike and Phyllis Caro when the "infamous cheating tape" was released to the public by Russ Georgiev. I interviewed SLIME about his role in the stories that the 3 told about him, and he said flat out (when he didn't realize that my recorder was still on, since the camera being shot by Darryl Phillips had just been turned off) and SLIME SAID "That ****ing Seattle Russ better shut his ****ing mouth or he's gonna wake up dead" That's the kinda guy your "HERO" is. He's an old man who doesn't have any family left (he's living alone in an apartment at last report) doesn't have any friends left to "vouch" for him , and wants to die a LEGEND. Pathetic. As for Nolan, great interview, as always my good friend.Rick Charles

You could say the same about every poker player out there, watch out guys if you get charged because poker players are cheating scum and should be hung high.That's what you said?
All poker players cheat?? That's what you said?!He literally cheated people for years...