From Virtually Nothing To 1k By The End Of August

So there it is! I'm officially busto on PS (again). I guess I really do suck at plo after all and I'm prob the fishiest fish in the fishiest of all tournaments (sunday million). That, in combination with retarded BR management I managed to dump a load of $ in a ridiculously fast pace. So now what? I got five dollas and 17 cents. WTF am I going to with dat piece of bull shit? Yeah, you guessed right, I’m gonna turn 5 bucks to 1 million (lol). No, I’m gonna start by trying to turn it to $1000. Inspired by DN and other FCP’ers I wanted to do a challenge of my own. GL guys. Go go go…• I’ll play SNG’s and nothing but SNG’s in this challenge. • I’ll use a separate BR for this challenge. I can play on other sites as usual.• If pokerstars launch some super cool stuff I am allowed to deposit more $. It will not affect my BR for this challenge and if I happen to win I’ll cash it out immediately.• If I don’t succeed before the end of august 31st 2009. I will hand out 5 stakes to the $10 250k guaranteed on stars (50/50 NSB) the first Sunday in September. You have to post in this thread to be eligible for a stake. • Since I’m starting off with a ridiculous small BR I will allow myself to go bust with an option to redeposit $25 one single time (so yeah, effectively I’m starting with a $30 BR. Whatever). If I manage to build my BR to more than $50, this option is cancelled. • I’ll update as often as I can.Starting BR: $ 5.17 (one option of a $25 rebuy (*edit: used))Check out my progress and my current BR below!:$37.07$44.17$92.82$69.02$94.62$110.62$105.92$111.32$128.92$120.32$100.52$150.07$187.07$200.47$213.57

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So there it is! I'm officially busto on PS (again).
Sounds like a bottomless pit! Being in a similar spot, I've cashed out the remaining $ that I had on stars and will see if I can turn my fpp into money. Once the fpp are depleted, I'll focus on live play, though.Good luck with the challenge, may you reach the 1k!EDIT: So as to not completely hijack your thread, I'll edit my own result here instead of posting again: Just bubbled in a 500 fpp satellite to the turbo takedown. After that, I gave it another shot and came 12 / 36, which is almost as bad as bubbling. I've 603 fpp left and will use those for the 100 fpp silver star tournaments (due to some promotion deal for UK players, I'll be gold star in June and July).
Sounds like a bottomless pit! Being in a similar spot, I've cashed out the remaining $ that I had on stars and will see if I can turn my fpp into money. Once the fpp are depleted, I'll focus on live play, though.Good luck with the challenge, may you reach the 1k!
thanks man. gl to you. I have like 46k FPP's so I guess I could turn em to some $. dont think I'm gonna though. Was thinking of buying a TV or something from the VIP store.
What SnG's are you doing? Are you sticking to a specific one or all types?
all types. so far I've played 2.20 HU, 3.40 10-max and 6-max (turbo and non-turbos). I feel my edge is pretty insane in these games and I'm gonna stick to em until I've got $100. Then I'm gonna jump inte the 6.60 6-max games.
all types. so far I've played 2.20 HU, 3.40 10-max and 6-max (turbo and non-turbos). I feel my edge is pretty insane in these games and I'm gonna stick to em until I've got $100. Then I'm gonna jump inte the 6.60 6-max games.
and you got broke :club: lol
and you got broke :club: lol
88 cents left on my account...not much I can do with that besides the 10 cent tournaments...and I hate those.Kind wish I wouldn't have cashed out so quickly. Guess I'll need to somehow turn 88 cents into 5 bucks and play SnG's
88 cents left on my account...not much I can do with that besides the 10 cent tournaments...and I hate those.Kind wish I wouldn't have cashed out so quickly. Guess I'll need to somehow turn 88 cents into 5 bucks and play SnG's
penny hyperturbos
88 cents is 44 big blinds in a 1-2 cents game...one beat and you're out ...but hold on 1 and it's nice :club:
88 cents...sick, there's still the brand new 1 cent tourneys hyper turbo that PS open :club:...i'm trying one of them LOL

Penny hyperturbos - that sounds pretty ridiculous :DAre you just playing one table sit and goes or multi table ones as well? Also, does it make sense to play SNGs that count towards the battle of planets or are they flooded with tougher opponents?