200/400, 800 straddleBenefield 65oBrunson KJoBenefield in UTG +1 makes it 2600Brunson callsFlop 6 6 KBenefield bets 5kBrunson callsTurn 8Benefield bets 10kBrunson callsRiver JBenefield bets 26kBrunson raises to 66kBenefield thinks forever and foldsNow personally it could of been a good fold in some circumstances but I think it was bad here.What hands can you put doyle on that beat you? A6 he wouldnt call with preflop, KK dont think he slowplays all the way and would probably pop it up a little preflop, JJ he wouldnt call all the way down. KJ or AK is likely.I think Id have to make a call here even if its a crying call with trips. 40k into a 127k pot.Discuss. Thoughts on the hand?

Doyle was raising for value. That's kind of important in terms of reads. Aside from that, for Doyle to call down the entire way, and then bluff raise the river... that would be kind of out of character, no? I think Benefield couldn't put Doyle on a hand that didn't have him beat, that he would raise for value and hope to get paid off by. You follow?Not sure why Doyle raised here, tbh.

61 User(s) are reading this topic (59 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)Time is now: May 22nd, 2009 - 3:29 AM?
and 2 Super-Anonymous Users..Benefield wrote about it in his blog. His basic thought process is the only possible holding for Doyle that he could beat was KJ, and even KJ he wasn't sure how regularly Doyle raises the river given the action.
and 2 Super-Anonymous Users..Benefield wrote about it in his blog. His basic thought process is the only possible holding for Doyle that he could beat was KJ, and even KJ he wasn't sure how regularly Doyle raises the river given the action.
Makes sense.He reads doyle as strong and realizes that he only beats KJ then and makes the fold. How strong your own hand is doesn't matter if you think you're beat.
What hands can you put doyle on that beat you? A6 he wouldnt call with preflop, KK dont think he slowplays all the way and would probably pop it up a little preflop, JJ he wouldnt call all the way down. KJ or AK is likely.
haven't we seen Doyle flat KK a few times pre in this season of HSP?
Makes sense.He reads doyle as strong and realizes that he only beats KJ then and makes the fold. How strong your own hand is doesn't matter if you think you're beat.
WAT?!?!?!I'm pretty sure poker is 100% an art of playing the two cards in front of you, and only that!!!!! :club::ts:4h:5c:3h:qh
I think the only hand Doyle can have that Benefield beats is exactly KJ.
Excatly this. Even given that how often would Brunson raise the river here??? What does Doyle expect Benefield to pay him off with? AK/KQ???
The real question is if Doyle is raising for value or as a bluff.
For value is my guess from watching on tv how Doyle plays.