2-2: a powerhouse?

$1/$2 FullTiltPreflop: econ_tim3 folds, MP2 calls, 2 folds, Button calls, 1 fold, econ_tim checks.Flop: (3.5 SB) [Jh 5d Td]econ_tim checks, MP2 checks, Button checks.Turn: (1.5 BB) [Tc]econ_tim calls.River: (5.5 BB) [As]econ_tim calls.Final pot: 7.5 BBI hadn't played with MP2 before tonight, but his play seemed odd so I had been watching him. He seemed to like to bluff the turn, and I don't think he would slowplay top or middle pair.

Ugh...check/fold the turnThree BB isn't worth the info on this guy :club:
The only hands I was worried about this guy having on the turn were mid pocket pairs (between 3s and 7s).

Yeah, I know this isn't a standard play.I just like to post these hands because I believe if you pay attention to your opponents, you can pick up more bets.It turns out he had QX. That might not justify my bet/call, but paying close attention to other players has helped me make better decisions.

Yeah, I know this isn't a standard play.I just like to post these hands because I believe if you pay attention to your opponents, you can pick up more bets.It turns out he had QX. That might not justify my bet/call, but paying close attention to other players has helped me make better decisions.
Well that sure is an interesting result :club: Would you consider him to be slowplaying top or second pair, baby kicker? Would he automatically bet out with those hands? I'd have put him on 10-3 or something :D
Well that sure is an interesting result :club: Would you consider him to be slowplaying top or second pair, baby kicker? Would he automatically bet out with those hands? I'd have put him on 10-3 or something :D
Yeah, I guess T-X was a possibility. I think calling him down with 2-2 helped me out later. I made a set of nines on the flop and he kept capping with me when he had QQ. Maybe he wouldn't have been so aggressive if I hadn't done this play first.
I love power deuces as much as anyone, but this looks like a spewfest.You're fortunate that he had garbage.
i'd have to agree. he could have a suited A5 and have you beat. just check it down or fold to a bet. this used to be a leak of mine also. its such a small pot that its not even worth it.

of course this would normally be a spewfest, but if someone has a good read on someone, then it's not... If I think someone is bluffing, I'll call them straight down.. oh, that reminds me of my best call ever...

of course this would normally be a spewfest, but if someone has a good read on someone, then it's not...   If I think someone is bluffing, I'll call them straight down.. oh, that reminds me of my best call ever...
Turn: (1.5 BB) [Tc] econ_tim bets, MP2 raises, BB folds, econ_tim calls. Betting with lowly deuces into an empty pot isn't quite the same.