They tried to make me go to rehab but I said 'no, no, no'Yes I've been black but when I come back you'll know know knowI ain't got the time and if my daddy thinks I'm fineHe's tried to make me go to rehab but I won't go go goI'd rather be at home with RayI ain't got seventy daysCause there's nothingThere's nothing you can teach meThat I can't learn from Mr HathawayI didn't get a lot in classBut I know it don't come in a shot glassThey tried to make me go to rehab but I said 'no, no, no'Yes I've been black but when I come back you'll know know knowI ain't got the time and if my daddy thinks I'm fineHe's tried to make me go to rehab but I won't go go goThe man said 'why do you think you here'I said 'I got no ideaI'm gonna, I'm gonna lose my babyso I always keep a bottle near'He said 'I just think your depressed,kiss me here baby and go rest'They tried to make me go to rehab but I said 'no, no, no'Yes I've been black but when I come back you'll know know knowI ain't got the time and if my daddy thinks I'm fineHe's tried to make me go to rehab but I won't go go goI don't ever wanna drink againI just ooh I just need a friendI'm not gonna spend ten weekshave everyone think I'm on the mendIt's not just my prideIt's just 'til these tears have driedThey tried to make me go to rehab but I said 'no, no, no'Yes I've been black but when I come back you'll know know knowI ain't got the time and if my daddy thinks I'm fineHe's tried to make me go to rehab but I won't go go go

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I was bored last night and watched this pilot. It was bad, and had a lot of different bad things about it, but I really thought some of the jokes were very funny. I feel like there were at least 3 really good ones but the only one I can remember right now is that when the closeted* football singer and his single mom treated themselves, it was a guy who spray paints your dirt yard green.*If they seriously try to pass this dude off as the straight guy who sings his little heart out in the shower after football practice, but really guys he's dating the Christian girl who won't get it on until marriage...riiiiiight.

DVR cut off can someone tell me what happens after the teacher comes in and sees them singing the Journey song
Hilarity ensues!You should all be ashamed of yourselves.
  • 3 months later...

OH YOU KNOW IT. IT'S BACKNew ep next Wednesday.Directors cut of pilot was on Wednesday. I recorded it. Watching it now, for the third time. THAT'S HOW I DO.

I didn't think the football singer's voice was very good at all, which made the plot of the glee club trying to get him into the club so hard, not a very good plot line. I enjoyed the show aside from that though.
come on, he's good enough for the show's purposes. This has the potential to be a really good, dark(er) comedy. And, as a true white person, when I hear Journey my central nervous system overloads and I start doing spasmic jew dances and singing along. So that was great.
I didn't think the football singer's voice was very good at all, which made the plot of the glee club trying to get him into the club so hard, not a very good plot line. I enjoyed the show aside from that though.
Not everyone in a certain high school is an opera quality singer. If anyone in high school could simply sing in tune the musical AND drama teachers were hounding them constantly to join. I still haven't seen an episode, but this doesn't seem far fetched at all.Is the show even set in high school? Or is it college?
Not everyone in a certain high school is an opera quality singer. If anyone in high school could simply sing in tune the musical AND drama teachers were hounding them constantly to join. I still haven't seen an episode, but this doesn't seem far fetched at all.Is the show even set in high school? Or is it college?
high school....but it's tv so the actors are all college aged or older of course.
Not everyone in a certain high school is an opera quality singer. If anyone in high school could simply sing in tune the musical AND drama teachers were hounding them constantly to join. I still haven't seen an episode, but this doesn't seem far fetched at all.
It may not be far fetched but the problem is the hot chick totally overpowers him. She's going to drown him out every time they sing together.Oh, and I enjoyed the show. Definitely has potential.Fav line when the lead guy was worried about the reaction of the football team: "They once pinned a guy down and shaved off his eyebrows just for watching an episode of Grey's Anatomy."
OH YOU KNOW IT. IT'S BACKNew ep next Wednesday.Directors cut of pilot was on Wednesday. I recorded it. Watching it now, for the third time. THAT'S HOW I DO.
Is that what the deal was? I kept watching the episode thinking "I don't remember that happening...I don't remember that either...what's going on here?"I'm gay enough to like this show, just hope it doesn't end up falling way short of potential like many/most shows about high school do.

I'm loving this show. Not sure how they'll ever top "Don't Stop Believin" though. This show is so fun and feel-good, and the cast is awesome. I love the chick from Heroes (remember she was Hiro's girlfriend before she got whacked?)

I'm loving this show. Not sure how they'll ever top "Don't Stop Believin" though. This show is so fun and feel-good, and the cast is awesome. I love the chick from Heroes (remember she was Hiro's girlfriend before she got whacked?)
Oh man, I rarely, if ever disagree with your tastes but this was pretty bad. The comedy didn't really work and then trying to make it seriousjust flubbed big time for me.

music was cheesy was the rest was very very goodLoved the teacher telling Rachel that her not having a gag reflex would come in handy in the futurealso, Jane Lynch is gold on screen, not to mention the names of those brochures