Top Pair No Kicker On A Limp Pot From Bb

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (9 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comHero (BB) ($2)UTG ($1.99)UTG+1 ($1)MP1 ($5.85)MP2 ($3.99)MP3 ($1.42)CO ($1.85)Button ($1.84)SB ($1.55)Preflop: Hero is BB with 9heart.gif, 3club.gif1 fold, UTG+1 calls $0.02, MP1 calls $0.02, 1 fold, MP3 calls $0.02, 3 folds, Hero checksFlop: ($0.09) 4spade.gif, 9diamond.gif, 6heart.gif(4 players)Hero bets $0.06, 1 fold, MP1 calls $0.06, 1 foldTurn: ($0.21) 6diamond.gif(2 players)Hero bets $0.12, MP1 calls $0.12River: ($0.45) 8club.gif(2 players)Hero checks, MP1 bets $0.10, Hero foldsTotal pot: $0.45 | Rake: $0.03I don't have any read on vilain, i'm multitabling and playing my position more than a particular opponenthis river bet looks too much like a "please call me" betany opinions?

I'm not folding the river as played. I'd probably check the turn for pot control. There aren't a lot of hands you beat that will call two barrels, especially now a 6 beats you.

I like the turn bet, pot control is overrated imo especially OOP when villain can just fire and make our lives miserable. Sometimes we take the pot down (good), others we get raised (not so bad, we can fold comfortably knowing we were beat), and other times we get to see a river and let villain make a mistake (which he did do here, but hero didn't capitalize on it).

before folding I asked myself what can I beat that makes him call 2 barrelsI tought he was on a 9 or on a 6... i can't beat any of them (except 9-2)but it was a very close decisionsthanks for your opinions

before folding I asked myself what can I beat that makes him call 2 barrelsI tought he was on a 9 or on a 6... i can't beat any of them (except 9-2)but it was a very close decisionsthanks for your opinions
You have the right thought process, but you just apparently didn't see it to completion.What can he have that you beat that called two barrels? 35. 78. Any two diamonds. 77. 55. A4. Yes it is likely that you are beat, and to a normal sized rivet bet you probably should fold. But for this tiny price you need to call.
You have the right thought process, but you just apparently didn't see it to completion.What can he have that you beat that called two barrels? 35. 78. Any two diamonds. 77. 55. A4. Yes it is likely that you are beat, and to a normal sized rivet bet you probably should fold. But for this tiny price you need to call.
pretty much that.Guys will constantly stab bluff like that if you let them b/c that's the only way to win the pot. For this value you have to call every time, and I think you're ahead way more than enough here to justify this one based on how it played out.
I like the turn bet, pot control is overrated imo especially OOP when villain can just fire and make our lives miserable. Sometimes we take the pot down (good), others we get raised (not so bad, we can fold comfortably knowing we were beat), and other times we get to see a river and let villain make a mistake (which he did do here, but hero didn't capitalize on it).
I agree that pot control is usually overrated but our hand is not particularly strong here. I'm probably less likely to pot control with A9, but 93 doesn't beat much.

You bet the turn, checked the river, and now you need to pay just 10c to go to the showdown with a hand that has quite enough showdown value. As played, I call this river every time.

I think hero played the hand perfectly up until the river. River is a pretty easy c/c given the price. It's worth it for informational purposes alone, imo.

I agree that pot control is usually overrated but our hand is not particularly strong here. I'm probably less likely to pot control with A9, but 93 doesn't beat much.
pot control isn't really overrated it's actually a very important strategy imo, however this hand is not really a prototypical pot control hand. are you check/calling the turn?provided we call the river i think the hand is played well
I'm not folding the river as played. I'd probably check the turn for pot control.
I disagree with this. He made the turn relatively cheap at 3/5ths the pot. Villain will likely bet, and when he does, it's prob gonna be for more than 3/5ths. So isn't a turn bet better? At least it keeps the pressure on our opponent and could take down the pot. I'm more of a tourney player, but that logic just doesn't seem right to me...
I think hero played the hand perfectly up until the river. River is a pretty easy c/c given the price. It's worth it for informational purposes alone, imo.
I really like this...For .10 you get to see what villain:Limped withCalled 2 streetstiny river bet...Call here for sure, make note of how villain played hand, and IMO we're ahread here 60+% of the time