I'm Mad At Daniel Negreanu

correct...but at the same time, you just can't fold AA....Post flop anyway
Hold on here 1 second Mr balloonguy cigar smoking dude, what about if you're at the wsop main event, you have AA in the BB and everyone goes all in ...........oh and ......... :club:
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hold on here 1 second Mr balloonguy cigar smoking dude, what about if you're at the wsop main event, you have AA in the BB and everyone goes all in ...........
Didn't someone calculate the odds of this? Like every reasonable hand that could cause 9 people to jam pre?

Well, Small Balling only works with the rest of his strategies, if you do it by itself, it's pretty doomed to fail.Position is really important, especially if you are in the late position and everyone else has folded up to that point. Then you attack the blinds with a small raise, and more often than not they will fold. When they don't, wait for the flop, throw in another small raise. If the other player calls, see the turn card, if the other player raises and you have a crap hand, throw it away, if he raises and you have a mediocre hand...I'd still probably throw it away. If you have a great hand then try to milk him. If he checks, your better off checking as well if you have a crap hand or need another to make your hand.Also, don't small ball with crap hands like 2 7 and anything of the ilk. The worst hand that I'll use that strategy is with 7 8, and even that is iffy for me. Suited is also nice to work with, as long as they are at least middle cards.Also really depends on who you are playing, I find that it doesn't really work vs amateur and maniac players...mainly because amateurs will call almost everything because they are curious what cards will come down, and think every hand is good. Maniacs will probably just raise you with 7 6 off suit. It just so happens that the majority of online players are either maniacs or amatuers, so the small ball strat doesn't work so well online unless you get the right people at your table.Personally, I would just call and check around a few time, see how people play. If they are playing tightly, go ahead and utilize it. If they aren't, there really is no point, you will just be losing more chips.

It just so happens that the majority of online players are either maniacs or amatuers, so the small ball strat doesn't work so well online unless you get the right people at your table.
If that's true, I'd hate to see someone try to use it in a live game.
If that's true, I'd hate to see someone try to use it in a live game.
Works much better in person from my experience..I dunno, maybe it's because seeing the chips/money in person is more intimidating? It's kind of funny how pro strategies usually don't work well vs amateurs. You can't really bluff them so it doesn't work. I only really use it online during tournaments where we are down to the last few players and I have a big stack. Or in person when I know the people playing with me know what they are doing.Unless you are playing higher stakes online(or in person)...I don't really see the point of small ball
I'm actually reading Daniel's book and i first thought that small ball was a great strategy in tourney and that it could be use in cash games too. the fact is i lost 1/3 of my bankroll in less than 3 days.Generally i start to double my buy-in (or more) and finally lose it all when i limp with Aces, just call and the flop and a donk outdraw me. I use to start a very tight and agressive game and i won a lot of money (at micro stakes). Now that i'm trying to follow this technique, i feel seriously depressed and i'm on tilt every time i lose my buy in. I even insulted a guy in the chat because i was angry.Ok, i realize that you have to be a good poker player if you want to play this way, and i also know i'm not Daniel Negreanu. But now i feel lost : should i just play ABC poker, raising with good gands, reraise with monster hand and folding with nothing? Or should i try continue to play this way but more carefully?I feel like small ball only works for like 10 pro players in the world, and that other average players who give it a try will finally lose everything they have.So after i was at $150 (started with $18 40 days ago) i'm back to $90 and will have to play at $0.02 again.....fawk. That sucks. I feel like i should play all day long trying to get my money back, but i know it isn't the solution.The stupid thing if i think i was a winning player when i was more predictable, now that i'm trying to mix my game up , i probably played too much marginal hands or get called when i have nothing by a donk who have pocket tens when there's a straight and flush draw on the board.I don't know if you guys have any advices or tips (or maybe Daniel if he reads this post) because i don't know what the *** i should do.ps : no offense Daniel, i'm just mad at myself. I really like you as a poker player and your book is just great.
should of played1big_ball_470x352.jpg