I'm Mad At Daniel Negreanu

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Theres something missing from this thread I just can't put my finger on...

Haha, this forum is out of control.
Oh there it is.
Theres something missing from this thread I just can't put my finger on...Oh there it is.
Get someone else to say it since rtard doesn't even post here anymore.
I'm actually reading Daniel's book and i first thought that small ball was a great strategy in tourney and that it could be use in cash games too. the fact is i lost 1/3 of my bankroll in less than 3 days.Generally i start to double my buy-in (or more) and finally lose it all when i limp with Aces, just call and the flop and a donk outdraw me. I use to start a very tight and agressive game and i won a lot of money (at micro stakes). Now that i'm trying to follow this technique, i feel seriously depressed and i'm on tilt every time i lose my buy in. I even insulted a guy in the chat because i was angry.Ok, i realize that you have to be a good poker player if you want to play this way, and i also know i'm not Daniel Negreanu. But now i feel lost : should i just play ABC poker, raising with good gands, reraise with monster hand and folding with nothing? Or should i try continue to play this way but more carefully?I feel like small ball only works for like 10 pro players in the world, and that other average players who give it a try will finally lose everything they have.So after i was at $150 (started with $18 40 days ago) i'm back to $90 and will have to play at $0.02 again.....fawk. That sucks. I feel like i should play all day long trying to get my money back, but i know it isn't the solution.The stupid thing if i think i was a winning player when i was more predictable, now that i'm trying to mix my game up , i probably played too much marginal hands or get called when i have nothing by a donk who have pocket tens when there's a straight and flush draw on the board.I don't know if you guys have any advices or tips (or maybe Daniel if he reads this post) because i don't know what the *** i should do.ps : no offense Daniel, i'm just mad at myself. I really like you as a poker player and your book is just great.
send him a homemade pot of some sort! thanks the ULTIMATE insult!

So yesterday evening, i was back at $0.02. I played ABC poker, you know what i'm talking about. Suddenly i have KK, the guy UTG raises like 3 BB, i reraise 5-6 times in late position. He calls. Flop comes like 3-7-J rainbow. He bets like half the pot. I know he's going to call if i go all-in so this is what i do. He calls. Turn is blank and the river is a 2. Dude had pocket deuces. Wtf? There's nothing i can do.....A lot of hands were liek this one and i lost 2 buy-ins in the evening. Now my bankroll is down to $80+. :club::ts:4h:5c Actually i'm thinking about trying Voodoo.....if it can helps me.

So yesterday evening, i was back at $0.02. I played ABC poker, you know what i'm talking about. Suddenly i have KK, the guy UTG raises like 3 BB, i reraise 5-6 times in late position. He calls. Flop comes like 3-7-J rainbow. He bets like half the pot. I know he's going to call if i go all-in so this is what i do. He calls. Turn is blank and the river is a 2. Dude had pocket deuces. Wtf? There's nothing i can do.....A lot of hands were liek this one and i lost 2 buy-ins in the evening. Now my bankroll is down to $80+. :club::ts:4h:5c Actually i'm thinking about trying Voodoo.....if it can helps me.
Should have stuck to small-ball

Hey strap, just my $0.02:A major component of small ball is being able to get away from fairly strong hands when someone decides to play back at you strongly. Win lots of small pots and avoid big pots unless you're confident with your hand. Don't make big pots with a "He might have me but I have AA I have to call" mentality.

Hey strap, just my $0.02:A major component of small ball is being able to get away from fairly strong hands when someone decides to play back at you strongly. Win lots of small pots and avoid big pots unless you're confident with your hand. Don't make big pots with a "He might have me but I have AA I have to call" mentality.
correct...but at the same time, you just can't fold AA....Post flop anyway