25 nl 6max 100 effective, no real read only 20 hands but villain seems bad, limping, etcHero is dealt [ J :heart: J :diamond: ] 1 foldHero raises to $13 foldsVillain calls $0.75Flop [ A :spade: T :spade: 9 :spade: ]($2.35)Villain checksHero bets $2Villain calls $2Turn [ A :spade: T :spade: 9 :spade: ] [ 2 :heart: ]($6.35)Check x 2River [ A :spade: T :spade: 9 :spade: ] [ 2 :heart: ] [ 4 :club: ]Villain bets $6.35Hero calls

you played it safe, the way it's played you might have the best hand, i think.but if vilain is really passive, hi might have called you with an A-xs, but you played it carefully on a dangerous boardi don't think the call on the river is badany other opinions?

I think I'd prefer betting turn to calling river. The type of villain that limps a lot is usually passive/stationy so the pot river bet is odd, but it's why I think valuebetting a random spade again on the turn is fine and shutting down on the riv. It's hard for villain to bluff riv if you bet flop and turn and if he does, well ni han suh.

I've actually started to take that line more often lately, and it's been working out kinda. E.g. I have QJ on an AQ5 board or whatever, villain c/cs, I set my own price on the turn looking for value and he calls and checks river at which point I can check behind UI. Otherwise he's potting like his whole range on the river and it becomes just one big guessing game, like it did here.

I prefer the check turn, call river line because I think you'll induce a bluff more often than you'll get two streets of value here. I understand it's a guessing game, but if villain is thinking at all the c/c, c/r turn line is fantastic as a semibluff - the turn raise looks so strong that you almost have to have the flush to continue. This way we can't get bluffed off the best hand, and we probably get a little more value. Also, what happens when villain c/c your turn bet and then makes a really small lead on a blank river? You almost have to pay him off but you're like never ahead.NH, tryst. IPITS.

I've actually started to take that line more often lately, and it's been working out kinda. E.g. I have QJ on an AQ5 board or whatever, villain c/cs, I set my own price on the turn looking for value and he calls and checks river at which point I can check behind UI. Otherwise he's potting like his whole range on the river and it becomes just one big guessing game, like it did here.
Yeah betting the turn and checking behind on the end is always better than just guessing on the river.Btw, I probably check behind on this flop and wait for a safer turn card and delay c-bet fairly often. It's not the best cbetting flop.
25 nl 6max 100 effective, no real read only 20 hands but villain seems bad, limping, etcHero is dealt [ J :heart: J :diamond: ] 1 foldHero raises to $13 foldsVillain calls $0.75Flop [ A :spade: T :spade: 9 :spade: ]($2.35)Villain checksHero bets $2Villain calls $2Turn [ A :spade: T :spade: 9 :spade: ] [ 2 :heart: ]($6.35)Check x 2River [ A :spade: T :spade: 9 :spade: ] [ 2 :heart: ] [ 4 :club: ]Villain bets $6.35Hero calls
It may seem weak, but in position, I think I'm checking that flop back and making a small turn bet for value, unless this is the kind of villain who can hand read well and put us right where we are and steal. Also, IMHO, villain holds a weak A here 70% of the time and even if he doesn't, our turn check says, "Please to bet river."We also have to consider the possibility that we're like waaaaaaayyyyy behind here and when the villain checked the flop and we bet, he was counting on us betting the turn, thus the river action.

The way it was played villain could easily be on busted str8 or flush draws, but i doubt it. Two pair is unlikely but if villain is as bad as you think two pair is also likely. Although this appears to be a bluff, I dont like the call on the river simply because a good percentage of the time you are going to be looking up a made hand. All that aside, even if villain didnt flop the flush, as i think he did... the majority of the time if you are calling here you are still running into some kind of A or possibly even weak 2p. Because of this I think it would be very beneficial to fold in this spot as itll save you alot of money in the long run.

Bet/fold turn and checking river is far superior line against the majority of players at these stakes. The value you get on the turn from worse pairs + flush draws, ie KsTx, 9x8s, etc is far greater than the value you get from trying to catch villain bluffing on the river. By checking the turn we are essentially only getting 1 street of value when we could have gotten 2.