Question About Tournament With Rebuy

I've never played a tourney with rebuy and add-on and i just suscribed to a $3.30 + R NL ($50,000 guaranteed) tournampent on PS. I have many questions :It says : "unlimited rebuy available until the first break" (1500 chips for $3.00) : ok " one add -on (3000 in chips for $3.00) available during the first break.Does it means that i i go broke early i can wait for the add-on during the break ? Or will i have to take a rebuy first ? I'm a little bit confused...More, what is the best strategy for this kind of tourney? Is it to play as much hands as possible because i can buy more chips if i lose it all, or should i play like if that was a tourney without add-on and rebuy ?Should i be ready to see some crazy call/raise because people will be more agrressive than usually?ps : It is still possible to unsuscribed if i need to....lol

I've never played a tourney with rebuy and add-on and i just suscribed to a $3.30 + R NL ($50,000 guaranteed) tournampent on PS. I have many questions :It says : "unlimited rebuy available until the first break" (1500 chips for $3.00) : ok " one add -on (3000 in chips for $3.00) available during the first break.Does it means that i i go broke early i can wait for the add-on during the break ? Or will i have to take a rebuy first ? I'm a little bit confused...More, what is the best strategy for this kind of tourney? Is it to play as much hands as possible because i can buy more chips if i lose it all, or should i play like if that was a tourney without add-on and rebuy ?Should i be ready to see some crazy call/raise because people will be more agrressive than usually?ps : It is still possible to unsuscribed if i need to....lol
I don't know exactly how it works online, but in a live tournament you would have to rebuy and have at least one chip left, before you can add-on during the break.One thing to remember is that in a live tournament, you can sometimes only rebuy if you have half your initial stack or less. Online, you can rebuy if you have the starting stack or less, so you can - and probably should - immediately rebuy at the start of the tournament.From my live rebuy experience, I'd say it is best to play solid and play good hands aggressively, as you usually get some yahoos, who will go all in with 96s in response to an early position raise with JJ (the guy sucked out and said "Hey, it's a rebuy!" but dumb luck aside, that kind of behaviour can work out for you in a rebuy tournament). However, in general I think that rebuys are more of a crapshoot due to this mentality - someone's going to end up with a big stack and if it isn't you, you'll be in trouble once the actual freezeout part of the tournament starts.

You can only use the add-on if you are still playing at the break. If you don't choose to rebuy after you bust, you are out of the tournament. Play very tight early in these as most will be setting there money on fire.

ok, thanks . I finally unsuscribed because i don't think i'm ready for this kind of tournaments. But i'll follow your advices when i'll have to play one.

You can play these either tight and hope to hit hands, or, if you are properly rolled for these you should be taking chances to try and build a stack early. You don't have to go insane, but you should be more aggressive than normal (unless you are already insane). If you anly have like $100 in your account, its probably not the greatest idea to play as they can get costly.

If you anly have like $100 in your account, its probably not the greatest idea to play as they can get costly.
Yeah, that's what i thought. i think i'll avoid it for a while.