Toronto Raptors Fanclub

Chauncey Billups PG Denver Nuggets Aaron Brooks PG Houston Rockets Devin Harris PG New Jersey Nets Steve Nash PG Phoenix Suns Tony Parker PG San Antonio Spurs Chris Paul PG New Orleans Hornets Rajon Rondo PG Boston Celtics Derrick Rose PG Chicago Bulls Russell Westbrook PG Oklahoma City Thunder Deron Williams PG Utah Jazz Mo Williams PG Cleveland Cavaliers
Shannon Brown PG Los Angeles LakersNo, really though. I'd rather have Shannon starting at point for the Lakers next year than Calderon.
  • Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shannon Brown PG Los Angeles LakersNo, really though. I'd rather have Shannon starting at point for the Lakers next year than Calderon.
Since when is Shannon Brown a point guard ?
  • 2 weeks later...
They sell them at the ACC
ARGH...is that the only place? I'm not living in toronto anymore. Was hoping I could have a friend from canada just order online as I'm guessing they won't ship to me in Asia.
Point Guards I would rather have running my team today than Calderon listed below. Chauncey Billups PG Denver Nuggets Aaron Brooks PG Houston Rockets Devin Harris PG New Jersey Nets Steve Nash PG Phoenix Suns Tony Parker PG San Antonio Spurs Chris Paul PG New Orleans Hornets Rajon Rondo PG Boston Celtics Derrick Rose PG Chicago Bulls Russell Westbrook PG Oklahoma City Thunder Deron Williams PG Utah Jazz Mo Williams PG Cleveland Cavaliers
I still like Calderon a lot. His defense is suspect at times tho not as bad as most Raps fans say. Since there's Turk his passing isn't nearly as important but assuming Derozan develops into that super slasher I think the Raps need a PG who can hit treys. Kind've why I've slashed the players I did off that list...plus Brooks. I kind've see them as a wash but am a Calderon fan.
  • 4 weeks later...
Yeah, after looking, there's probably no way they don't finish 10 games over .500. Plus, the end of their schedule is quite soft.
Would need a 14-3 closing run.Wed 17 vs Atlanta Fri 19 vs Oklahoma City Sat 20 @ New Jersey Mon 22 @ Minnesota Wed 24 vs Utah Fri 26 vs Denver Sun 28 @ Miami Mon 29 @ Charlotte Wed 31 vs LA Clippers Sat 03 @ Philadelphia Sun 04 vs Golden State Tue 06 @ Cleveland Wed 07 vs Boston Fri 09 @ Atlanta Sun 11 vs Chicago Mon 12 @ Detroit Wed 14 vs New York Even though most of their tough games are at home, I don't see it happening. .500 shouldn't be a problem though.
  • 3 weeks later...

At the Raps game tonight.... I am hard pressed to think of a professional athlete that cared less about playing than Hedo Turkoglu

At the Raps game tonight.... I am hard pressed to think of a professional athlete that cared less about playing than Hedo Turkoglu
Was that after he went to the hospital for a CAT scan after taking a shot in the same part of his face that he broke earlier this season ?That being said he's been a huge disappointment this year.
Was that after he went to the hospital for a CAT scan after taking a shot in the same part of his face that he broke earlier this season ?That being said he's been a huge disappointment this year.
So Turk had a broken bone in his face again.

oh god...it's all tied up. LBJ sits vs. Bulls and Chicago wins. WTF!?CLE tanking to play Bulls??? I mean Raps have actually matched up better against Cavs than sayy ATL or BOS but that was just weird to not dress a Lebron who was dancing for 48 min on the sidelines.anyways, I had a bad feeling that Sunday would become more epic than it should be. and by epic, I mean necessary.

CLE tanking to play Bulls???
Tanking would imply trying to lose. They don't care if they win or lose; they just want to make sure Lebron is rested for the playoffs.TNT is probably pissed that they had a Lebron/Kobe doubleheader and neither of them played.
oh god...it's all tied up. LBJ sits vs. Bulls and Chicago wins. WTF!?CLE tanking to play Bulls??? I mean Raps have actually matched up better against Cavs than sayy ATL or BOS but that was just weird to not dress a Lebron who was dancing for 48 min on the sidelines.anyways, I had a bad feeling that Sunday would become more epic than it should be. and by epic, I mean necessary.
Do you really think the Cavs are at all concerned with Chicago or Toronto? If you say yes, we can discuss this further.
Do you really think the Cavs are at all concerned with Chicago or Toronto? If you say yes, we can discuss this further.
It's not tanking since the Cavs are going to Bitch Slap either the Bulls or Raptors in the first round.That being said what the Cavs did is just plain wrong from a league intergrity standpoint. You either sit LeBron out of both games or play him in both and let him rest when they're playing teams that having nothing to play for.Personally I don't really care whether the Raptors make the playoffs or not. If they miss I don't have to spend money on playoff tickets and the Raptors keep their first round pick. If they make the playoffs I go to a playoff game and watch the Cavs win 4 straight and the first rd pick goes to Miami.
It's not tanking since the Cavs are going to Bitch Slap either the Bulls or Raptors in the first round.That being said what the Cavs did is just plain wrong from a league intergrity standpoint. You either sit LeBron out of both games or play him in both and let him rest when they're playing teams that having nothing to play for.Personally I don't really care whether the Raptors make the playoffs or not. If they miss I don't have to spend money on playoff tickets and the Raptors keep their first round pick. If they make the playoffs I go to a playoff game and watch the Cavs win 4 straight and the first rd pick goes to Miami.
Not sure there is any league integrity since tanking (for realz!) is an annual tradition (unless the first pick is going to be Olowakandi).As it is, I don't think Cleveland owes anyone anything. If you need Cleveland to help you out in the East, then you left things up to chance too much.
Not sure there is any league integrity since tanking (for realz!) is an annual tradition (unless the first pick is going to be Olowakandi).As it is, I don't think Cleveland owes anyone anything. If you need Cleveland to help you out in the East, then you left things up to chance too much.
It's a bit of a unique situation since the Cavs played the Raptors and the Bulls in back to back games and of course LeBron is such a unique player. In one game he plays and as usual the Cavs win, in the other he doesn't play and they lose. Sit him out against The Pacers tonight in a game that doesn't matter but when the game does have such a direct bearing on the playoff race like the Bulls and Raptors games he really should have been playing.
It's a bit of a unique situation since the Cavs played the Raptors and the Bulls in back to back games and of course LeBron is such a unique player. In one game he plays and as usual the Cavs win, in the other he doesn't play and they lose. Sit him out against The Pacers tonight in a game that doesn't matter but when the game does have such a direct bearing on the playoff race like the Bulls and Raptors games he really should have been playing.
Same thing happened in the Jets favor in the NFL this year. Stuff happens. The Raptors have only themselves to blame for their predicament. Sure, it's not fair......but since when did we get so obsessed with sports being "fair"? Life isn't fair!
How does the NBA tiebreaker work? If the Raps and Bulls finish tied, do they play a tiebreaker?
Head to head record and the Raptors are 2-1 vs The bulls this year so even with as bad as they played tonight if the Raptors beat Detroit and the Knicks the Bulls will have to beat both Charlotte and Boston.
Head to head record and the Raptors are 2-1 vs The bulls this year so even with as bad as they played tonight if the Raptors beat Detroit and the Knicks the Bulls will have to beat both Charlotte and Boston.
Thank you Robert.