Toronto Raptors Fanclub

I can't decide which post to quote on this thread. Let's just say I'm pleased to announce the Raps are back to .500!
As am I! They have been playing quite good basketball. And now the prospect of them having two confident point guards healthy makes things look even better.
  • Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't decide which post to quote on this thread. Let's just say I'm pleased to announce the Raps are back to .500!
It really shows how much the schedule factors into how a middling team like the Raptors are going to do.Early in the season they played the toughest schedule in the NBA. A lot of road games, a lot of games on the second half of a back to back against a rested team etc.The last month their schedule has balanced out. Mostly games against not so good teams, a lot of games at home and last night they were rested while Orlando was on the second half of the back to back.I think the Raptors are probably the 5th best team in the East and there's a pretty big gap between them and the top 4.
It really shows how much the schedule factors into how a middling team like the Raptors are going to do.Early in the season they played the toughest schedule in the NBA. A lot of road games, a lot of games on the second half of a back to back against a rested team etc.The last month their schedule has balanced out. Mostly games against not so good teams, a lot of games at home and last night they were rested while Orlando was on the second half of the back to back.I think the Raptors are probably the 5th best team in the East and there's a pretty big gap between them and the top 4.
I think you may be right over the long run but in the playoffs it's just about who's the best team for a week or so. If the Raps shooters are hot then they can really beat anybody not named the Celtics. I'm excited to see what Evans can bring to this team as I never thought he'd be a savior during the bad run...more like a nice additional compliment and 5 more fouls.Here's me wishing the Raps go into Sunday with a chip on their shoulder to bang hard vs. Boston...
How do you guys feel about a Bosh for Bynum deal? I'm not real crazy about it from a Laker standpoint.
I think it's the sort of deal that might happen in the off season but it's impossible during the season since Bynum's base year compensation means that it just can't happen even if the Raptors were looking to deal Bosh during the season but they aren't.As I've posted elsewhere I think if Bosh leaves the Raptors it will be via a sign and trade in the off season.
  • 2 weeks later...
ok, $75 :)Like i said, i'm a nit.
outsider...I'm giving you a one time out. $50 to buy out the bet. You have until Sunday midnight EST to decide. Otherwise I'll collect my $75 in a few months :club:
outsider...I'm giving you a one time out. $50 to buy out the bet. You have until Sunday midnight EST to decide. Otherwise I'll collect my $75 in a few months :club:
LOL. I was thinking about that. I'll let you know after the next game and my analysis of the remaining schedule. But things definitely don't look good. Might be the best $50 I've spent in a while if they keep things up.Last nights game was a great road game. They did just enough to get by. If they can only start off games good, they would be blowing teams away. I think it's time to get Calderon back in the starting lineup. As great as the second unit is playing with him there, I think he's far more valuable playing more minutes with the first unit. He's playing quite well the last 3-4 games.
LOL. I was thinking about that. I'll let you know after the next game and my analysis of the remaining schedule. But things definitely don't look good. Might be the best $50 I've spent in a while if they keep things up.Last nights game was a great road game. They did just enough to get by. If they can only start off games good, they would be blowing teams away. I think it's time to get Calderon back in the starting lineup. As great as the second unit is playing with him there, I think he's far more valuable playing more minutes with the first unit. He's playing quite well the last 3-4 games.
listen, I dont make too many bad bets and remember when we made this bet how sure you were that the Raps would suck it? The schedule is MUCH easier in the second half. Up to you though...$50 now or $75 later.GO RAPS GO!!
Yeah, after looking, there's probably no way they don't finish 10 games over .500. Plus, the end of their schedule is quite soft.
this is the same guy who said they couldn't possibly finish over .500? LOLc'mon...I just want to hear it once. I was right :Poh, and I had to give up my PS acct so FTP please. Username is "char1ty" (note that it's the number "1" and not an "i"/City starts with "M")
this is the same guy who said they couldn't possibly finish over .500? LOLc'mon...I just want to hear it once. I was right :Poh, and I had to give up my PS acct so FTP please. Username is "char1ty" (note that it's the number "1" and not an "i"/City starts with "M")
ok, ok, you were right :club: I just need to move cash to FTP, so when i do, I'll send.
ok, ok, you were right :ts I just need to move cash to FTP, so when i do, I'll send.
thanks! :club: now since ur obviously a Raptors fan I'll offer you a deal. if you add $25 to the $50 and put all $75 on Canucks to win the Stanley Cup I'll split the win with you down the middle. Lazy me just randomly picked a site which gives odds of +1400. Think odds change again on Feb. 7 so I'll give you until then to decide or just deposit to my FTP if you prefer to decline. just thought I'd throw out a fun bet.
thanks! :club: now since ur obviously a Raptors fan I'll offer you a deal. if you add $25 to the $50 and put all $75 on Canucks to win the Stanley Cup I'll split the win with you down the middle. Lazy me just randomly picked a site which gives odds of +1400. Think odds change again on Feb. 7 so I'll give you until then to decide or just deposit to my FTP if you prefer to decline. just thought I'd throw out a fun bet.
No more bets with you :)Also, went to transfer on FTP, says city starts with (T). Let me know if that's correct. Black chick avatar?
No more bets with you :)Also, went to transfer on FTP, says city starts with (T). Let me know if that's correct. Black chick avatar?
oh right...Taipa starts with "T". and my colour is caramel thank you.
Jose Calderon a top 5 point guard?Do I win this yet?
It's funny that you post that after yesterday's game against the Sixers. Calderon played probaly the best 2 minute span of his career to end a quarter. He came into the game had 4 assists including 3 alley-oop passes to 3 different players, a drive for a layup and he forced a steal in about 2 minutes. Then in the dying minutes of the game while it was still close he had a 4 point play where he hit a 3 pointer and was fouled and made the free throw.He's shooting 50% from the field and 40% from 3. He still has a very good assist to turnover ratio while he's also taking more chances now that the team has a lot more athletic players with Weems, DeRozan and Amir Johnson. He's developed some really good chemistry with Amir Johnson and is actually making Johnson an offensive strength by getting him the ball where he can get to the rim with his athleticism.His defense is still below average and that's why I think it's the right move to start Jack and have Calderon come off the bench. The starters are weaker defensively with DeRozan, Turk and to a lesser extent Barney then are the reserves so having the better defensive point in Jack with the weaker defensive starting group has been working well. Caleron is still finishing games and is the better of the two at running the offense.Point Guards I would rather have running my team today than Calderon listed below. Chauncey Billups PG Denver Nuggets Aaron Brooks PG Houston Rockets Devin Harris PG New Jersey Nets Steve Nash PG Phoenix Suns Tony Parker PG San Antonio Spurs Chris Paul PG New Orleans Hornets Rajon Rondo PG Boston Celtics Derrick Rose PG Chicago Bulls Russell Westbrook PG Oklahoma City Thunder Deron Williams PG Utah Jazz Mo Williams PG Cleveland Cavaliers

The Raptors have the second best record in the NBA over the last two months behind Cleveland and their schedule for the rest of this month is pretty favourable.They're only 4 games behind the Celtics and while it's not probable it isn't out of the question that they catch Boston for the Division considering the struggles that Boston is having.