Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comButton ($8.50)SB ($24.25)BB ($33.50)UTG ($25)Hero (MP) ($33.44)CO ($27.10)Preflop: Hero is MP with Jdiamond.gif, Jclub.gifUTG bets $0.85, Hero raises to $2.90, 1 fold, Button calls $2.90, 2 folds, UTG calls $2.05Flop: ($9.05) 10spade.gif, Adiamond.gif, Qheart.gif(3 players)UTG checks, Hero checks, Button checksTurn: ($9.05) 3diamond.gif(3 players)UTG checks, Hero checks, Button bets $5.60 (All-In), 1 fold, Hero .....UTG is 22/20 over ~90 handsBTN is 46/25 over ~70 handsThoughts?

You have to fold the flop. But like someone said above, I think you invested way to much with JJ by 3 betting the original raiser. I would just call in that situation, see the flop. But in this spot you have to fold and figure he has AQ or even 2 pair and its not worth it to call that much to hit for the straight.

You have to fold the flop. But like someone said above, I think you invested way to much with JJ by 3 betting the original raiser. I would just call in that situation, see the flop. But in this spot you have to fold and figure he has AQ or even 2 pair and its not worth it to call that much to hit for the straight.
I don't think you need to specifically put someone on AQ here to find a fold here. I usually just accept that when two OTHER players are in a PF 3 bet pot and I'm holding JJ, someone hit an AQT flop pretty hard.
I don't think you need to specifically put someone on AQ here to find a fold here. I usually just accept that when two OTHER players are in a PF 3 bet pot and I'm holding JJ, someone hit an AQT flop pretty hard.
Exactly. I think this is an easy fold. What do you really think your ahead of to even consider calling?

So sure, we were the most worried about UTG, but he is gone. What range do we put BTN on for his ridiculous overcall pre flop?

So sure, we were the most worried about UTG, but he is gone. What range do we put BTN on for his ridiculous overcall pre flop?
For a btn range - How about something like AK, QQ, JJ and at these limits maybe even throw in a little A,Qs?I'd expect to see AK a lot of the time (granted played poorly on the flop).actually given the flop check around, it could be a set of Q's too. In anycase it seems a pretty easy fold.
3 betting JJ against a TAG's UTG open is pretty marginal.
Really? This is 6max we're talking about, not full ring. An UTG's opening range at full ring is usually TT+ or AQ+ which has us, for the most part, flipping or crushed - 3 betting this range would be bad. However, don't people at 6max open lower pocket pairs UTG enough to make the 3-bet ok?I haven't played a hand of NL in forever.
Really? This is 6max we're talking about, not full ring. An UTG's opening range at full ring is usually TT+ or AQ+ which has us, for the most part, flipping or crushed - 3 betting this range would be bad. However, don't people at 6max open lower pocket pairs UTG enough to make the 3-bet ok?I haven't played a hand of NL in forever.
JJ is the bottom of my 3-bet range here. I open all pairs, Aj+ and KQs from UTG, give or take a few hands obviously.
Seeings how there was no action on the flop it may seem as though he is weak but I think you have to fold the turn easily.
that should set off alarm bells.

Even with no action on the flop, 46/25's with like 40bbs show up with Ax/QJ/KQ/complete randomness that beats you/etc., here. What would ever give you the idea that you're ahead unless you have a huge read on him that hes a complete bluffing spewtard?

So most people favour a fold. I called and Villain showed 55. I didn't think from his stats that he was all that bad, just mediocre, so he probably wasn't calling with hands like AJ- and was probably shoving pre with AK QQ+. But there are a lot more hands in his range that have missed, and he might think that he can talk me out of my hand which has obviously also missed.I felt it was a decent call at the time, getting like 2.3/1 and all