Ramen Noodles

My friend at work and I started talking about Ramen noodles after seeing one of our co-workers eating them for lunch. We discussed how we went about making them and started asking other co-workers. We came to the conclusion that everyone has their own, slightly different, way to prepare Ramen noodles. My method: -Bring excess of water to a boil (about 1/2 - 3/4 pot of water).-Crush Ramen noodles with my fist while they are still in the package.-Boil for exactly 3 minutes.-Add cold faucet water. This causes the noodles to sink to the bottom and makes for easy water drainage. -Drain water. I leave only a very small amount of water - enough to obtain proper dispersion of powder flavoring.-Add flavoring and mix with fork. So what is your method of preparing these delicious little noodles???

I prepare Ramen like any other pasta dish, just cook two packages of the noodles, drain 'em, throw them in a bowl over a quarter to third stick of butter, add just one of the seasoning packets, and splash some red hot over the whole thing. It's delicious. Eff the soup.

Boil water, cook noodles, completely drain noodles, mix in butter, garlic salt, various peppers, enjoy.

Boil water, cook noodles, completely drain noodles, mix in butter, garlic salt, various peppers, enjoy.
I'm amazed to learn that I'm not the only person who does this. I thought everyone ate them Cup o' Noodlez style.
I'm amazed to learn that I'm not the only person who does this. I thought everyone ate them Cup o' Noodlez style.
Nah, I like mine basically dry, just a little butter juice. Very rarely I'll leave just a small bit of the water in it for broth.
I prepare Ramen like any other pasta dish, just cook two packages of the noodles, drain 'em, throw them in a bowl over a quarter to third stick of butter, add just one of the seasoning packets, and splash some red hot over the whole thing. It's delicious. Eff the soup.
this

for beef flavor specifically, i like adding a lot of garlic powder, ginger, and crushed chiles, and hot sesame oil if i have any.

When I used to eat these, I would stir in a beaten egg in the last 30 seconds of boiling. Then add a spoonful of plum sauce and a ton of sriracha.

I was on a Holland America cruise to Aruba/Curacao last summer......and one night the main dining room had a gourmet pasta dish featuring ramen noodles. It had shrimp and veggies and an indonesian sauce and it was amazing. So good I had them pack me up a doggy bag with a 2nd order of it (cruise ships = all you can eat basically) and took it back to the room so I had something when I stumbled back to the room hammered at 3am.

You've got to add something to the Ramen then just noodling up (Barney Stinson reference good, yes?)Eggs are cheap as hell. For the easiest method:2 packs of Ramen, break them up in boiling water, Crack 2 eggs in the boiling water and cook it all togheterDrain normallyOr if you have an extra pan to go with your pot:2 packs of Ramen, break them up in boiling waterFry 2 eggs however you likeDrain noodles and divide into 2 bowls equallyTop each bowl with it's own fried eggAs for the seasoning packets, I just dump then into the boiling water. I'll have to try treating it like normal pasta sometime and see how it tastes.

1. open package2. pour out broken pieces3. water in pot 1\2 to 3\4 full4. put in square block of noodles, bring to boil5. add flavoring while boiling6. drain half of juice7. eat with ritz crackers8. die a young death due to sodium consumption

2. pour out broken pieces
This is the step that my co-worker was adamant about. I think he has OCD. He said he would shake off all of the broken noodles so that it is only the brick of noodles.I thought it was kinda weird
This is the step that my co-worker was adamant about. I think he has OCD. He said he would shake off all of the broken noodles so that it is only the brick of noodles.I thought it was kinda weird
they are too hard to eat with a fork so just get rid of them from the beginning...or maybe I have OCD